PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!

Three Harmonies
02-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Every now and then one happens across a rare find. A gem if you will. For instance it happened with me and my teacher Hu Xi Lin. An odd coincidental encounter that could only happen once in a lifetime.
Well I have been fortunate to have a couple of these experiences, and I would like to congratulate Mike Biggie Laoshi and the opening of his new school in Akron, Ohio. He will be teaching Northern Praying Mantis, Iron Palm, Chin Na, herbs, and weapons out of the:

Northern praying mantis kung fu academy
1155 Canton Rd – Rt. 91
Akron Ohio 44312
Contact Ph# 330-699-3157

If I had never met Hu Laoshi, this is the man I would be studying with! There are only a handful of teachers out there with Biggie Laoshi’s skill, and open minded attitude, willing to share and learn at the same time.

Many years of success Mike, you have earned it!

Sincerely,
Jake Burroughs
Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
Albuquerque, NM.
:D

yu shan
02-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Jake

You have always spoke with upmost respect when referring to Biggie Laoshi. And I have always said that I would like to meet him. Is he signed up to be at the MQ Mantis gathering? Maybe you and I can bounce down to his school while in Cleveland.

Anyway, congratulations to Mike, absolute best to your school!

Three Harmonies
02-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Yu Shan
indeed he is signed on for the conference. As for visiting him and his school, he may host Hu Laoshi IF he comes in, for a seminar on Sunday sometime.
I will keep you posted.

Jake :D

shirkers1
02-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks jake for the kind words about mike. It's a shame that only a few of us were lucky enough to find a good guy like mike to train with. He was nice enough to take this scrawny 15 year old kid under his wing all those years ago. :)

I throw in a healthy congrats to mike and the guys as well. It's been a long time waiting. Finally a stomping pad of their own again. Keep up the good work, I'll be seeing you soon.

mark

El Tejon
02-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Akron, huh? *looks at map*:D

eric817
02-25-2005, 08:35 PM
I train there every week and have trained with Mike for ten years... great place! Congatulations on the new place, and thanks for the training!