PDA

View Full Version : nutrition for energy

bodhitree
02-14-2005, 07:28 AM
Could you all tell me dietary tips for a busy person trying to beat fatigue. what do you avoid? what do you consume? Any imput appreciated, thank you.

Chief Fox
02-14-2005, 08:49 AM
I try to eat all day long.

One thing I've noticed is, if I have a large lunch my energy levels go way down in the afternoon. So little meals trough out the day keep me off the blood sugar roller coaster. Also try to keep a good balance of carbs, protein and fat. I try to stay at about 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. Actually I try to stay below 30% on the fat.

fa_jing
02-14-2005, 08:58 AM
I think sugary foods tend to put me to sleep. Probably want some complex carbs which are used at a slower rate.

bodhitree
02-16-2005, 07:28 AM
thank you guys. I wil also try to consume more water of course.

i rely on caffeine too much.

Metal Mantis
02-17-2005, 01:50 PM
I myself think of this often...... I recently started a job that gets me up at 7 am everyday, which I feel is good for my biorythms... Starting with some good Taiwan Tea and a light breakfast I find that I am hungry at the proper times... I would say stay away from refined sugars and lots o caffiene... Replace with fruits and complex carbs, so your body will burn at a slower more steady rate... Not eating before bed allows for your body to "shut off" more completely and rest.... Also, I do not drink fluids while I eat and refrain for at least 20 -30 minutes after, usually... You know when you drink while you eat and you burp....It moves the food along faster than your body is ready for, it does not get utilized to its max.... Anyhow, I am sort of an ecentric, so hey..... Peace.....