PDA

View Full Version : Get back to work!

PangQuan
02-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey just kinda want to see how many others sneak a little of the ol' kung fu in while they are at work. It can get slow at the office so I come on here to pass the time, and spark some good contemplation.

SPJ
02-14-2005, 02:49 PM
I work on Saturdays.

But I am off on Mondays.

:)

Ray Pina
02-14-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh, there are certainly times when I stop tooling around on the net and get some work done.

I wonder what guys did before. Did they spend a lot fo time redaing the paper on the $hitter? What? Something had to give. You just can't work 8 hours a day and only take lunch. No way.

Jhapa
02-14-2005, 02:54 PM
i am at work right now.

joedoe
02-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ray Pina
Oh, there are certainly times when I stop tooling around on the net and get some work done.

I wonder what guys did before. Did they spend a lot fo time redaing the paper on the $hitter? What? Something had to give. You just can't work 8 hours a day and only take lunch. No way.

I think they probably spent more time wandering around the office and talking to people, or reading for research or something. Essentially we are social creatures and need to communicate but the internet has allowed us to communicate over long distances. The shame of it is that it has probably eroded face-to-face communication.

PangQuan
02-14-2005, 03:23 PM
It will be cool when we can project ourselves into virtual reality. Imagine the debates then. We could be like "Ill fight you right now" Then get jiggy. But ya I think it was a combo of sh!tter/paper and walking around. Dont forget about the playboy.

joedoe
02-14-2005, 03:34 PM
But even then, it is not true, face-to-face communication. There is still distance. We actually need the physical face-to-face interaction.

SPJ
02-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Agreed.

:cool:

PangQuan
02-14-2005, 03:59 PM
we need teleporters.

~bob walks into the tele room one minute looking fine.

~bob walks out of the tele room with a black eye, 2 fractured ribs, and a dislocated shoulder.

~bob got into a rather heated debate on kungfumagazine.com

~bob lost the debate.

joedoe
02-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by PangQuan
we need teleporters.

~bob walks into the tele room one minute looking fine.

~bob walks out of the tele room with a black eye, 2 fractured ribs, and a dislocated shoulder.

~bob got into a rather heated debate on kungfumagazine.com

~bob lost the debate.

LOL!

I agree that we need teleporters. I hate those long haul flights.