PDA

View Full Version : Temple Kung Fu

Jhapa
02-14-2005, 02:33 PM
http://www.kungfutemple.com/page/page/1139392.htm

has anybody heard of or studied at temple kung fu. there is one located in canada and one in washington state and now one in Hawaii (http://www.templeexercise.org/templeentrance.html) . their grandmaster is O.E. Simon(Dalai Seng Shih), and his temple (http://www.neochan.com/index.html).

WinterPalm
02-14-2005, 02:48 PM
If you have lots of money and lots of time, and want to buy your belts as opposed to earning your sashes, and you don't care if you are taught the macarena or karate, or even hairdressing or robe prancing, then you should contact Temple Kung Fu. You will get all of that and then some.

Surely this thread is a joke, I assume.:)

Fu-Pow
02-14-2005, 02:55 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words.....Olaf Simon circa 1960's (http://www.springtimesong.com/PhotoolafSimonREadyPose.jpg)

MasterKiller
02-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Olaf is a joke. He had to admit in a lawsuit that he learned most of his stuff from books. He founded his own religion as a tax shelter called Neo Ch'an and passes it off as some new Ch'an transmission based on, get this, Christianity.
:rolleyes:

SPJ
02-14-2005, 03:18 PM
In Chan Buddhism, there is no God per se.

And yes, there is no denying nor recognition of God.

However, if one finds revelations via God, it is also a path.

Which means there will be more than one path or God.

So in effect, Chan may include all Gods.

There are many Chan's revealing to people.

There is no neo Chan.

:confused:

SPJ
02-14-2005, 03:22 PM
To make it more clear to everyone.

Jesus, Allah, etc are all Buddha's.

However, we are created by God. We have sinned. We may be with God via redemption. We can never be God. (Christian)

In Chan Buddhism, we may become Buddha.

WhiteMonkey
02-14-2005, 03:58 PM
google the words "temple fraud" and see what you get....there is a whole message board set up for x-students....hope this helps..

cam
02-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I lost about 7 years at that establishment.
They have some unusual ideas.

PangQuan
02-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Fu-Pow
A picture is worth a thousand words.....Olaf Simon circa 1960's (http://www.springtimesong.com/PhotoolafSimonREadyPose.jpg)

LMAO Fu-Pow

MonkeySlap Too
02-14-2005, 04:48 PM
I visited one of their schools in Seattle... I had to leave because I was laughing too loud. They are as clueless as OYD. And make SD look good.

Judge Pen
02-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
They are as clueless as OYD. And make SD look good.

Well there's something good then. :D

David Jamieson
02-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't make a practice or habit of knocking others styles of kungfu, but seeing as temple ain't kungfu and is apparently run by a deranged polish madman posing as a holy man, I have no problem knocking it. :p

It is ****. Save your money and don't bother. Even the top guys in Temple are a whole new level of suckage when it comes to even fundamental skills. they can't do proper kungfu, they can't fight with it, they will steal your money and treat you like dirt. It is a really weird thing they got going on and a bit of ugly tarnish on the whole Kungfu community.

I am at the age now where I am sick of this kind of action.
So I don't mind saying it.

Any temple peeps in my area wanna take it up with me, feel free, I'm not hard to find. :p who knows, maybe you can learn some real kungfu from even a mediochre player like me. :p

MasterKiller
02-15-2005, 09:27 AM
One of the stupid things they do is tell you that when you get your black belt, all the secrets of the style will be revealed to you.

Do you know what the secret is?

*SPOILER WARNING* I'M ABOUT TO REVEAL OLAF'S GREATEST SECRET FIST METHOD. SHEILD YOUR EYES IF YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.

Apparently, anyone below black is taught to punch with the fist horizontal. But when you reach Black...well, they pull you aside, charge you a crap load of money for the "seminar," and whisper in your ear that from now on, all punches are.......... done with a vertical fist.
:eek:

There, I just saved you 3 years of training.

red5angel
02-15-2005, 09:38 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words.....Olaf Simon circa 1960's

yes Fu Pow, and I'm sure you never strike a crazy kungfu pose, don't do forms or anything like that.....

Golden Tiger
02-15-2005, 10:10 AM
I thought the martial artists formerly known as "Fu-Pow" was long gone and never to return. :rolleyes:

red5angel
02-15-2005, 10:20 AM
we had hoped that was the case but he is weak and weak willed. He couldn't resist inflicting us with his stupidity.

ewallace
02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
****, one year later and the same topic. At least my love for bacon hasn't changed either.

red5angel
02-15-2005, 02:48 PM
ewallace!!!1 Holy sheeeeit, where you been man?!

ewallace
02-15-2005, 03:00 PM
S.O.S. Bought a house, separated and moved out, then moved back in. My soon to be former wife made me choose between her and ready-cooked bacon and just never could grasp my midget fetish.