PDA

View Full Version : Gung Ji Fuk Fu

lungying
02-15-2005, 12:54 AM
Hey all! Has anyone ever seen a different version of this form? i have been taught the original form and also another variation which i think is more simplified... the simplified version has come from the Tony Leung Steelwire Mantis/Hung Gar system (They just call it Tiger Form). I just wanted to know if anyone else has had the chance to see this and if they have are there any clips floating around etc...
Thanks

hasayfu
02-15-2005, 03:10 PM
I have not seen the version you mentioned.

For clips of other versions, go to http://www.siulam.info/ and click on videos. There is a Daan Gung Fuk Fu Kyun.

There are other clips on the net.

Southern Fist
02-16-2005, 10:55 PM
There are many various ways Gung Ji Fuk Fu is done. Depends on the branch or lineage. Lam's version, Tang's Version, Mainland's version, Taiwan's version, Malaysia's version. The theories must be the same to be called Gung Ji. If not then it must be called something else.

PM
02-24-2005, 06:02 AM
http://www.hungga.org/en/gallery/lsw_gjffk.htm - Grandmaster Lam Saiwing's Gung Ji Fuk Fu Kuyn

PM

www.hungga.org

David Jamieson
02-24-2005, 08:59 PM
My old kungfu teacher has a form he calls hak fu gong lik kuen which seems to be a blend of Gung gee fuk fu and tid sen kuen. It has a strong flavour of the gung gee fuk fu though.

Although the style is called black tiger, it is a hung fist system. Probably a carry over from some diaspora somewhere like any other "village" style of hung gar or southern shaolin in general.

lungying
02-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Hey!, some other guy suggested that it may be a Chinese Mainland version of the form. Does anyone know of this, cause i can't find much on the net!
Thanks

hasayfu
02-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Did you look at the clip I posted? That's the mainland Chinese version...

lungying
02-25-2005, 06:25 PM
hey. im living in China at the mo, and it seems that all .info websites have been blocked so i can't actually download it. if the file isnt too big, maybe someone could email it to me? that would be great!
thanks again