PDA

View Full Version : Stanford entrusted with China's 20th century history

SPJ
02-15-2005, 08:30 PM
I read this in the paper. I was all tears.

Chiang's family entrusted the Stanford University with the daily journals of president Chiang Kai Shek and Chiang Jing Guo.

China was in a century of revolution after over 2000 years of dynastic rule.

From boxer rebellion in 1900 to student demo in Tian An Men Sq 1989.

The republican revolution, war lords, Japanese incursion, communist uprisings, retreat to Taiwan, democratic movement in Taiwan, Korea conflict, great leap forward, cultural revolution, market economy, open to the west, student uprsing 1989, Fa Lung Gong suppression etc.

The treasures in Palace museum were moved to Chung King after Japan "moving inroad". They are relics from dynastic China. After WWII, they were moved back to Palace museum in Beiping. After the communist uprising in the Northeast, the treasures were moved to Shanghai and then Taibei, Taiwan.

Chiang's family asked the Stanford U to be the upkeeper of the manuscript of diary of 2 president Chiang's. Because the family is not sure about the political future of Taiwan.

It is sad that people that want to study Chinese history of the 20th century, the century of revolution, have to come to Stanford to read the script.

They are in a safe hand.

The saying is that a country can be gone but history can not be lost.

Preservation of relics has always been priority of all generations for 5000 years.

If the relics did not move to Taibei, they would have been destroyed by Red guards during Cultural Revolution in 1960's and early 1970's.

With the same idea, the Chiangs' journals are now in the hands of Stanford Univ.

count
02-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Will you be heading up there for a look? Is this a collection it's possible to view?

BM2
02-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Personally I wouldn't trust anything to that **** Fred Sanford.

SPJ
02-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Count;

I do not know about the details.

The manuscript or artifact has to be in a neutral hand.

How valuable they are?

Just like the original copy of "Declaration of Independence".

MasterKiller
02-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by BM2
Personally I wouldn't trust anything to that **** Fred Sanford. :confused:

hasayfu
02-16-2005, 11:19 AM
SPJ, What paper did you see this in? I did a quick search of the online SF papers but couldn't find it.

Thanks

SPJ
02-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Hi;

If you read Chinese;

here is the link;

Hoover Institute entrusted (http://www.worldjournal.com/wj-tw-news.php?nt_seq_id=1125528&sc_seq_id=4)

You may have to register and log in. Check Taiwan News on 2005/2/15.

Wolf;

Good posts and cool links as usual.

:cool:

SPJ
02-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Microfilms used to be used to take images of texts from books or any printed media.

The spy used microfilms to store blueprints, maps, info etc.

In the 21th century, the libraries across the world started to digitalize all texts and images as the prefered storage of records.

So in essence, all the book shelves may be replaced by disks and computers.

The whole library with books is downsized to a disk or hard drive.

Everything is in "0" and "1".

Stanford also kept many other KMT or Kuo Ming Tang documents as well Russian documents around Communist Revolution to depose Czar.

SPJ
02-16-2005, 08:57 PM
¤¤°ê_«_n¥v®ÆÂðê¥~ ¤Ï¬M½±®a«á¤H¦hµL©`

¡i¥»³ø¨t°OªÌ¤ý¾_¨¹¯S½Z¡jÃöÁ䤤°ê¤@_Ó¥@¬ö¡A´x´¤¥xÆW ªñ50¦~ªº¡u¨â½±¤é°O¤â½Z¡vÁÓÂà®ü¥~¦h¦~«á¡A¡u¼È¦s¡v¬ü °ê_J¦ò¬ã¨s©Ò¡CÁöµM¦W¸q¤W¬O¡u¼È¦s¡v¡A¦ý¦ó¦~¦ó¤ë¤~¯à ¡u¦^Âk¡v¡A¦p¦ó¡u¦^Âk¡v¡A³£¬O¤j°Ý¸¹¡I¡u¨â½±¤é°O¤â½Z ¡v¨_¬°³Ì°ª¼hªº¨Mµ¦ªÌ¦p¦ó°O¸ü¡B¦Û§Ú¬Ý«Ý¥xÆW¥b_Ó¥@¬ö ¥H¨ÓªººØºØ¡A±q_·«BÄÆ·n¾ú¸g¸gÀÙ©_ÂÝ©M¸Ñ°£§ÙÄYªº¥Á¥D ¤Æ¾úµ{¡A¤D¦Ü©ó±q¹p¾_®×¨ì¬üÄR®q©M¦¿«n®×¡A¤£¦ý¥v®a_« µø¡A§ó¬O¨â©¤©M®ü¥~©Ò¦³¤¤°ê¤HªºÃö¤Á¡C
¬ü°ê¥v¤¦ºÖ¤j¾Ç_J¦ò¬ã¨s©Ò¹L¥h¤j¶q¦¬ÂëXù´µ¦@ÄÒ_²©R ¶¥¬qªº¥v®Æ¡A¥[¤W¸Ó©Ò¦¬®e¤F«Xù´µ2¤ë_²©R«áªºÁ{®É¬F©²Á`²z§J_Û´µ°ò¡ A¦b«Xù´µ¥v®Æªº¾Ö¦³©M¹B¥Î¤W§Yª¾¦W©ó¥@¡C«Xù´µ¿Õ¨©º ¸¤å¾Ç¼ú±o¥D¯Á§Ô¥§¨¯§YÂǸөҥv®Æ¼g¤F¤@³¡¡u¨â_Ó¥Û¿i¶ ¡ªº½\²É¡v¦^¾Ð¿ý¡C

µM¦Ó¡A16¤é§Y±N¦¨¥ßªº¡u²{¥N¤¤°êÀɮׯSÂÃ¥v®Æ¤¤¤ß¡v¡A °£¤F¥ý«e¦¬Â꺧º¤l¤å¡A¥H¤ÎÄÒ°ê_n¤HÁ«ù¡B¶ÀÓú¡B±i¹Å 橵¥¤H¥v®Æ¥~¡A¦A¥[¤W¤¤°ê°ê¥ÁÄÒ·s¸Ñ±Kªº¼Æ¦ìÀÉ©M¡u¨â½±¤é°O¤â½Z¡v¡A¦b¤¤ °ê²{¥N¥v»â°ì¤w§e«á¨Ó©~¤WªººA¶Õ¡C¨â©¤ªñ²{¥N¥v¾ÇªÌ_Y _n¦b¥v®Æªº¾Ö¦³¤W¨ú±oÀu¶Õ¡A¶Õ¥²±Mµ{«e©¹_J¦ò¬ã¨s©Ò¨ú ¸g¡C

¨â©¤»ø§½¥¼¸Ñ¡A¦M¾÷_«_«¡A¨â½±¤é°O¤â½Z_Y¤´¦s©ñ¥xÆW¡A ¤£¬O¨S¦³_·ÀI¡A¥[¤W¦Ò¶qÂźñ·NÃѧκAªºÄY_«¹ï¥ß¡A½±®a«á¤H§â¤é°O¹B©¹®ü ¥~¡A©e°U¬ü°ê¾Ç³N¾÷ºc¥N¬°«OºÞ¡A¬Û«H¬O¥X©ó±j¯Pªº¤£½T ©w·P¡C¦Ó¥B³o_Ó¤£½T©w·P§ó±a¦³¤@ºØ¤£¨ü´L_«ªº®À§é·P¡C ¾Ú¤F¸Ñ¡A·íªìÁ`²Î©²³w¦Û±N¡u½±¤¤¥¿Á`²ÎÀɮסv²¾¥æ°ê¥v À]¡A¥Ñ©ó¨ä¤¤¦³¦ÑÁ`²Î©M½±¤Ò¤H§º¬üÄÖ¤§¶¡ªº®Ñ«H¡A³o¤@³¡ ¤ÀÀ³Äݽ±®a¨p¤H©Ò¦³¡A½±®a¨Æ«e«o²@¤£ª¾±¡¡C

´N¥xÆW¾ÇªÌ¦Ó¨¥¡A¯d¾Ç¬ü°ê¥v¤¦ºÖ10¦~ªº¤¤¬ã°|°|¤h³¯¥Ã µo»¡¡A¥L¦³¤@ªÑ±j¯Pªº¥¢¸¨·P¡A¤£¶È·N¨ýµÛ¾Ç³N_«¤ßªºÂà ²¾¦Ó¤w¡C²{¥ô¤¤¬ã°|ªñ¥v©Ò©Òªøªº³¯¥Ãµo»¡¡A_J¦ò¬ã¨s©Ò ©M°ê¥ÁÄÒ¦X§@Àɮ׼Ʀì¤Æ¤u§@¡Aªñ¥v©Ò¤]·Q¥é·Ó¡A¨Ãª§¨ú¤F¤T¦Ê¸U¤¸¹wºâ¡A¦ý´N¬O¨S¿ìªk½ÍÃl¡A³o Åý¥L·PIJ§ó²`¡C

¡u¨â½±¤é°O¤â½Z¡v¥æ¥Ñ_J¦ò¬ã¨s©ÒÊÍÂáA¤@¦ìÄÒ¥v¾ÇªÌ»¡ ¡A¦b¥¿±`±¡ªp¤U¡A³o¬O¤£¸Óµo¥Íªº¨Æ¡C°ê¥i·À¡A¥v¤£¥i·À ¡A¤¤°ê¥v¾Ç¶Ç²Îºë¯«´N¦b¦¹¤@°í«ù¡C

2005-02-15