PDA

View Full Version : water filters: which ones r0x0r your b0x0r?

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-15-2005, 08:36 PM
this may be about as off topic as you can get, but i have found that people here have some interesting fields of expertise.

so can anyone recommend a good water filter? i have been reading a little about them and im considering a kenmore whole house unit, but i wanted to see if anyone has had experiences with these before purchase. one of the sink modles might not be too bad, but the price for the whole house unit didnt seem like it was much more minus the profession installation. the filtered bottle things wouldn't produce nearly enough water as i myself can go through 2 gallons in a day now.

i could also keep running to the store for gallons of water but thats a pain in the ass. plus it produces much more garbage and garbage is bull****.

ketchup
02-15-2005, 11:14 PM
GDA's turning into a HIPPY! What the sh*ts this world coming to? Go read some Bukowski, man, start with Ham on Rye, laughters the best medicine.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-15-2005, 11:58 PM
im not a hippy ... i have no immune system. none.

id like to say the garbage thing is 100% environmental concern ... and i do think we need to be doing things a little differently ... but to be honest its mostly sloth. every single time i put an entire gallon jug in the garbage i realize ill be taking out the garbage if not right then very soon. those ****ers fill up your trash can quicker than anything else.

Becca
02-16-2005, 03:26 AM
My aunt has one of the Kennmore whole house filtration systems. It manages to make Commerce City water very drinkable as well as tasty, which is saying something as the town shares 2 borders with the Rocky Mountain Arsanle.

P.S. You is s'posed to crush the jug then put the lid back on so it stays flat.;) :p

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-16-2005, 05:20 AM
thanks becca. do you know about how much the installation cost? the units themselves are under 50 but i was curious about that. if not thats cool ... ill call sears when i get home thursday.

also i do try the crushing of the plastic jugs thing, but half the time they pop back out on their own at some point and it only does so much. they still take up far too much room in my trash can and i aint no god ****ed hippy. kung lek is a hippy. not me.

Becca
02-16-2005, 06:29 AM
If you are somewhat handy, you can do it yourself. It should come with instructions. You might need to get a few things line a pipe wrench and some teflon tape to water-proof the joints, but that's about it.

Jhapa
02-16-2005, 02:56 PM
http://www.lifesourcewater.com/technology/index.htm

anybody use this. it also replaces water softeners. i am sure it costs pretty penny.

Jhapa
02-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Becca
My aunt has one of the Kennmore whole house filtration systems. It manages to make Commerce City water very drinkable as well as tasty, which is saying something as the town shares 2 borders with the Rocky Mountain Arsanle.

P.S. You is s'posed to crush the jug then put the lid back on so it stays flat.;) :p

http://content.sears.com/data/product_images/042/38440/04238440000-dlv.jpg

this

Taomonkey
02-16-2005, 03:02 PM
If you can deal with the sales people, Amway makes a very good under the counter filter. But what ever you do, dont go to the meeting.

MoreMisfortune
02-16-2005, 10:37 PM
dude i got a little filtrator in here
but the water that comes from it is smelling just as bad as the one from the non-filtered tap...
:eek:

Oso
02-17-2005, 07:55 AM
GDA, I'm not familiar with the Kenmore but I personally would stay away from it as Kenmore rarely makes anything with there name on it. It will be some other brand. IME, you run into R&M issues with all Kenmore products after they switch manufacturers a couple of years down the road.

Also, if you are considering whole house filtration then look into reverse osmosis systems and go ahead and get a plumber to install it.

slink
04-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Check some filter on this site (https://www.martialartsmart.com/). These are the best models available right now + they all passed testing and have all necessary medical certification. You'll never make a mistake by purchasing on of these filters. Good luck!