PDA

View Full Version : Ass Pilaf - aka Constantine

Chang Style Novice
02-19-2005, 12:30 AM
I avoided it - who was not so lucky?

Hau Tien
02-19-2005, 06:24 AM
I was determined to hate this movie, being a big fan of the comics. I must admit the trailer didn't look half bad, tho...

Shaolinlueb
02-23-2005, 07:53 PM
i saw it. i liked it.

red5angel
02-24-2005, 10:06 AM
I've never read the comics, the art sucks ass for the most part. However I did see the movie, I've always had a fascination with the christian mythology based on the war in heaven or whatever. Anyway, other then KR being stony faced and unemotional as usual, the movie wasn't all that bad.
Having not really read the comic I can't give you a comparison but my guess is anyone who complains about every movie not being anything like the book/comic, will complain about this one as well. that and Rachel Weis was looking hot as ever!

Hau Tien
02-24-2005, 12:12 PM
The art wasn't what was good about the comics ;) The story kinda sucked, too, until Garth Ennis took over writing it.

I don't mind if a movie deviates from the comic... I liked the X-Men movies, the Spider-man movies, The Hulk, etc. I just hate when they take something good (in general... not just comic books) and make a **** movie out of it ;)

Judge Pen
02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
It was better than I expected, but not great. I've never read the comic books.

The Willow Sword
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I liked it actually. It wasnt all "Holier than thou" and "praise be" and the rest of that papal clap jap. Nice and dark. Good special effects.
I thought that it could have been done a little better in certain areas,,character developement and all,and i really did not like the ending(that could have been way better) but all in all i thought it was a decent film to go see.

PEACE,,TWS

Kristoffer
03-14-2005, 04:58 AM
I liked it. Nice scenery/photo, pretty good dialouge (considering what they were talking about). The dark feeling stuck through the entire movie rather than going ínto extreme holy wood action.

GeneChing
05-08-2015, 03:43 PM
So bad it earned this dubious thread title and then was overlooked here when the NBC series came about. :rolleyes:

Constantine Cancelled at NBC, But the Series Isn’t Dead Yet (http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/438547-constantine-cancelled-at-nbc-but-the-series-isnt-dead-yet#/slide/1)
BY SILAS LESNICK ON MAY 8, 2015

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2015/05/John-C.jpg

There’s some troubling news this morning for fans of the DC Comics television series“Constantine.” Following a halt in production last fall, NBC has now officially cancelled the show. While Matt Ryan’s John Constantine may not be returning to the network, executive producer Daniel Cerone has taken to Twitter to remind fans that “Constantine” isn’t dead yet and that the show is now looking for a home elsewhere.

The series, which has so far aired a single 13-episode first season, stars Ryan (“Criminal Minds”) as the chain-smoking supernatural detective first introduced by Alan Moore in “Saga of the Swamp Thing” and later spun off into his own series, “Hellblazer.” The first season also stars Angélica Celaya (“Dallas”), Harold Perrineau (“Lost”) and Charles Halford.

Produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, “Constantine” is written and is executive produced by Daniel Cerone (“Dexter”), David S. Goyer and Mark Verheiden.