PDA

View Full Version : I just bought a weight bench!

GuSpeed
02-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi! I just bought a weight bench and want to see if anyone know what exercises are good for kung fu. The only thing I know how to do is bench press, curls with barbell, and curls with dumbbell. THanks.

Toby
02-23-2005, 05:54 PM
You could do one-armed rows. Kneel on the bench and pick up a dumbbell with the opposite hand and do rows. Keep your back straight and don't use momentum.

You could do (I think this is what they're called) Belgian squats or Belgian lunges. Stand facing away from the side of the bench. Put one leg up on the bench behind you and bend down on the other leg. The back leg just helps with balance - the front leg does the work. Hold dumbbells for added resistance.

fa_jing
02-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Look up dumbell pullovers. Good exercise, will fry the crap out of your lats and triceps.

Ford Prefect
02-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Two arm db pull-overs (ie a db in each hand) can hit your chest pretty well too.

ewallace
03-01-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm a sucker for skull crushers, although you will need a spotter or some kind of rack to put the barbell on. If you are doing them alone...just the same as benching alone, make sure you can dump the weights if you have to...which means don't use safety clamps without a spotter.