PDA

View Full Version : colour scheme

David Jamieson
02-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Can it be changed? Blue and lemon... not very complimentary. :p

still, thanks for getting the board back up guys.

red5angel
02-23-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't mind the colors, sort of a nice change.....

GeneChing
02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
We're still chipping on it. The color may change. We don't know yet.

bullrog
02-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Why don't you run a poll with for members?

@PLUGO
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Anyone remember all those years ago when we were first adopting this forum and changing the color scheme every 5 minutes.

I'm not personally fond of the shades of blue we've got at the moment but this project is still in the hands of our I.T.. Once the bugs have been worked out rest assured I'll be having a chat with him and we'll sort out a more appropiate color scheme.

give us some thime though...

David Jamieson
02-23-2005, 03:19 PM
sorry G~ man, colour is my thing, functionality is a nerd thing. :D

dang nerds anyway.

It's looking good though, I must say.

red5angel
02-23-2005, 03:21 PM
just please god no light fonts on dark backgrounds!!!!!

David Jamieson
02-23-2005, 03:24 PM
dude...

studies show that white sans serif font on black is one of the easiest things to read on a computer monitor. With yellow sans serif on black scoring marginally higher and the best being black on yellow cream. (opposite).

for print it's black on white with a serif font all the way for best legibility.

the worst? It is Red on Blue. Pretty much completely illegible, as well as it's opposite. followed closely by pretty much any other combination of secondary colours or mixes of primary colours.

Fu-Pow
02-23-2005, 03:36 PM
dude...

studies show that white sans serif font on black is one of the easiest things to read on a computer monitor. With yellow sans serif on black scoring marginally higher and the best being black on yellow cream. (opposite)..

Both of those sound painful. :eek:

GeneChing
02-23-2005, 03:43 PM
We'll probably revert ot our old color scheme soon. Keep your pants on, everyone. :cool:

kungfu cowboy
02-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Even if they're wet?!! Nice new board.

Royal Dragon
02-23-2005, 04:18 PM
Even if they're wet?!! Nice new board.

Reply]
Personally, I liked the Old sceme better. This has too much of a Dragon's list feel to it.

I would however like to see a huge assortment of Smilies.

:D

GeneChing
02-23-2005, 04:20 PM
...I have no sympathy for soggy bottom cowboys, kungfu cowboy. :p

AndyM
02-23-2005, 05:45 PM
My two cent's...

There are quite a few other boards on VB3 using this colour scheme.

Give us back a little yellow.

It's so.............Game of Death :D

mickey
02-23-2005, 06:10 PM
Greetings,

It is nice to be back at the forum. I have been away so long that my hands have been shaking from withdrawal.

The colour scheme will take some geting used to. The yellow was nice on the eyes.

The only thing I do not like is where you put the replies listing--Holy Panavision Batman!!! It is so far over to the right that I have to turn my head and that hurts. Hurts real bad. Please bring it back over. I'm in pain.

mickey

oasis
02-23-2005, 06:46 PM
well gene, i also noticed that the private messages folder is better organized, and actually gives u a heads up about when your box is full. perhaps more people will finally start clearing out their boxes when they're full and not let them collect like the trash around their desks :p that way one doesnt type a message just to get a failure to send.

oh, and any thread replies are actually shown in the email (like in russbo). that's convenient. let's you know whether or not to waste your time with a trivial reply ;)

lkfmdc
02-23-2005, 06:46 PM
wow, 3 to 4 days out of order so it can look just like 12 other forums on the internet, that's impressive :rolleyes:

David Jamieson
02-23-2005, 06:50 PM
I get dibs on the first Ross sighting here since the revamp. :D

Ming Yue
02-23-2005, 07:48 PM
wow, 3 to 4 days out of order so it can look just like 12 other forums on the internet, that's impressive :rolleyes:

You're such a curmudgeon (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=curmudgeon).

:p

Kristoffer
02-24-2005, 07:40 AM
yeah stop bein such a cornholeo.
I liked the yellow collor better. other than that it's pretty clean

MoreMisfortune
02-24-2005, 07:42 AM
"i am the great cornholio! give titty for my bunhole!"

GeneChing
02-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Good news! The yellow is on it's way back. Design Sifu has located out old style sheet. We just need to make a few tweaks to adapt to the new features, so it'll be yellow again soon. Yellow like the Yellow River. Yellow like Yellow Fever. Yellow like Game of Death (http://store.martialartsmart.net/992003.html).
This is where my yellow analogy stops...

David Jamieson
02-24-2005, 11:45 AM

You do realize the possibility of impending pee pee references don't you? :p

red5angel
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
is your pee pee yellow KL? I think they have a cream for that.....

David Jamieson
02-24-2005, 12:18 PM
actually it's purple more often than not. at least at the head.

thanks for showing interest in my pee pee ya gaylord. :D

The Willow Sword
02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey I like the new format here. The color scheme though, i would have to say, it needs some personality.

I have often wondered what WOULD be the right color scheme for a Martial Arts Forum. I mean i was getting kind of used to the old format,,but you know,,i wouldnt mind seeing a change in color,,i just have no idea what those colors would be. (guess im not as great a color scheme decorator as say "the queer eye for the straight guy hosts :eek: )

You guys could solicit their help maybe? :p

hehehe PEACE,,TWS

norther practitioner
02-24-2005, 01:09 PM
I get dibs on the first Ross sighting here since the revamp. :D

You can have it.

@PLUGO
02-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Still in need of several tweeks... as you'll notice while writting a reply and viewing some stats... getting to it a piece at a time.

:eek:

GeneChing
02-24-2005, 03:56 PM
...it's starting to look like home again. :cool:

David Jamieson
02-24-2005, 06:01 PM
yah baby, now that's what i'm talking about!

looks like DS may have to do a couple of by hand tweakage dealies.

But we're back to game of death!

What comes after Kareem?

FatherDog
02-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Good news! The yellow is on it's way back. Design Sifu has located out old style sheet. We just need to make a few tweaks to adapt to the new features, so it'll be yellow again soon. Yellow like the Yellow River. Yellow like Yellow Fever. Yellow like Game of Death (http://store.martialartsmart.net/992003.html).

Yellow like Yellow Bamboo? (http://www.bamboovideo.com)

dezhen2001
02-25-2005, 03:05 AM
Sevenstar told me that the forum had changed and i come back - still the same old regulars and same yellow colo(u)r scheme :p

Kristoffer
02-25-2005, 07:40 AM
it was blue like a second ago. this is better imo

Ming Yue
02-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Dez! Long time no read!
:)

mickey
02-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Owwwch!!!Who turned on the lights?

Looks like I am going to have to cancel my order of fucscia sheets to go with the blue.

The yellow is better.

mickey

Mr Punch
02-25-2005, 09:38 AM
DEZ!!!

Baby!

A voice of sanity!

Don't go away again!

And waht the fu(k happened to the blue?! Why have we gotta have this gay yellow back again? It's the 21st century for chrissakes! Join the Blues!!!

GeneChing
02-25-2005, 10:51 AM
It was the other admin dude, Design Sifu. But I fully support his move, especially after the Game of Death comment.

Father Dog, that was a good comeback. ;)

@PLUGO
02-25-2005, 11:21 AM
doesn't squash come in yellow? :confused:

dezhen2001
02-25-2005, 08:33 PM
DEZ!!!

Baby!

A voice of sanity!

Don't go away again!

And waht the fu(k happened to the blue?! Why have we gotta have this gay yellow back again? It's the 21st century for chrissakes! Join the Blues!!!
Seems i missed all the excitement - all yellow again :D

Mat - still in Japan? Im a bit closer to you now, in Sydney and ummm... shacked up with Tae Li. Miss my Sifu though and havent found a school im happy with here yet.

Mr Punch
02-26-2005, 04:29 AM
THE Tae Li who used to come on the forum?! Did her sister ever come over here? She asked me to look out for her then never got back in touch... could it be that she didn't trust me...?! :D

A genuine KFM romance??? Spill the beans!

What are you training these days?

Still Moslem?

Mr Punch
02-26-2005, 04:30 AM
And yeah, I know the last one's a weird question but people do change... I mean you weren't born a Moslem were you?! ;)

dezhen2001
02-26-2005, 03:28 PM
yup her. and yes i am. Her sister went on the exchange but had a bad experience so came home sooner... will pm u in a bit :D

Tae Li
02-26-2005, 07:16 PM
ahrm ahrm, "guess who's back.... back again..... tae li's back, tell a friend." hahahahaha

Helle all, Holy goodness its been aggggggggggggggggess since I've been here. I doubt any one would remember me, my obsessive jet li thread has probably been archived:o(

oh well.

ahhh, the good ol' days.

;o)

rubthebuddha
02-26-2005, 09:01 PM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8290 it's all right there, tae li. good to see you back here, too. make sure dez eats enough -- he tends to burn off any extra mass on an hourly basis. ;)

dezhen2001
02-27-2005, 03:14 AM
dang - were in trouble now (at least i am :p) Thanks very much RTB but you should know by now i eat plenty :mad:

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but - is there going to be a multi-quote button? I have noticed on some other VB forums they have the ability to scroll down the whole thread, and press quote on however many folks you like, then when you click reply at the bottom, it lists them all so you can reply one by one. I found it incredibly useful, especially if there were some really long and intense thread "discussions" going on ;)

Kristoffer
02-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I think Dez and Li are the only ppl on kfo who shacked up.

Tae Li
02-27-2005, 03:07 PM
KRISTOFFER!

You're still here, how's it goin buddy. ****it, I should be working and look where I am....AGAIN!

TTTTTTT

Tae Li
02-27-2005, 03:12 PM
RUBTHEBUDDA

Thanks for the link....."sigh* the good ol memories.

Kristoffer
02-28-2005, 02:15 AM
KRISTOFFER!

You're still here, how's it goin buddy. ****it, I should be working and look where I am....AGAIN!

Hey I'm great thx, and you? although I don't have as much time to hang around here as before I still keep up with my posting practising. :D