PDA

View Full Version : The mysterious Cheng Kwong

dfl
02-23-2005, 02:10 PM
I understand there are people on this board who studied VT with CK. Who did CK study VT from?
I saw from this site http://www.cyberpunx.ch/_fremdauslagerung/elywcimaa/index.php a picture of a "Cheng Kong" who seems to resemble the pictures of the CK in the Weng Chun site. Is this the same person, i.e. is CK a student of Lok Yiu?

reneritchie
02-23-2005, 02:16 PM
My mind is no longer as retentive as it used to be, but I believe Cheng Kwong did learn YMWCK as well, and Lok Yiu rings a bell.

Hey, in NMH is said Chu Chong Man learned WiCK from a student of Leung Jan before he began WeCK.

The two systems are like red-neck cousins at times...

Andreas Hoffman
02-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Sifu Chenk Kwong studied with Sifu Lok Yiu and Sifu Pang Nam wing chun.
After seeing a weng chun demonstration from GM Chu Chung Man and GM Wai Yan he joined the weng chun family. I´m translating an article from chinese newspaper in which he describe his move to the weng chun family.
We will put the article in our english version of the weng chun book.

Ultimatewingchun
02-23-2005, 09:35 PM
I'll be looking forward to reading that.

dfl
02-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Thank you, Andreas, for the information.
Now that you mention it, I seem to recall seeing ads in NMH decades ago of a "Cheng Kwong" teaching WC and lung ying. Did your teacher study dragon style as well, or is my memory faulty?

Andreas Hoffman
02-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Yes, my Sifu Cheng Kwong also teached Dragon Style, Fu familiy Wudang Arts and Tung Bei. His knowledge is incredible. I´m very thankesfull to him that he teached me this open mind to all martial arts and that he introduced me personally to many Grandmasters, like weng chun GM Wai Yan, GM Pak Cheung, GM Pang Nam, GM Lam Wun Gong, GM Fu Wing Fay, GM Lok Yiu etc.

t_niehoff
02-24-2005, 03:23 PM
RR wrote:

in NMH is said Chu Chong Man learned WiCK from a student of Leung Jan before he began WeCK

**Yup. As you know, there are many articles about CCM in the old "New Martial Hero" magazine (from Hing Kong). I think there was much more of a union between WCK and weng chun in the old days (Foshan). And as I understand it, some of CCM's students even have the SNT, CK, BJ as part of their "system" (while others have taken them out to be 'pure' weng chun).

VingDragon
02-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes, my Sifu Cheng Kwong also teached Dragon Style, Fu familiy Wudang Arts and Tung Bei that explains why you were famous in Germany as a Dragon than Ving Tsun instructor. Andreas, when did you met Cheng Kwong? I mean what year?