PDA

View Full Version : Apologies to Kung Lek

Merryprankster
02-23-2005, 03:38 PM
It turns out I was wrong about the top foreign oil importers to the United States.

Here they are in order:

CANADA
MEXICO
SAUDI ARABIA
VENEZUELA
NIGERIA
IRAQ
ANGOLA
UNITED KINGDOM
ECUADOR
GABON
KUWAIT
ALGERIA
RUSSIA
COLOMBIA
ARGENTINA

For convenience sake, I have bolded out the THREE (out of fifteen) Middle East countries from which the United States gets its foreign oil, and which totals....not that much of the complete volume of imports. It seems that by the "We're in Iraq for the oil argument," by all rights we should be invading Canada and Mexico.

So, Kung Lek was correct in that I was wrong about part of my information. Not that it does his argument much good.

Thanks you, I'll be here all week.

Fu-Pow
02-23-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry too for all those bad things I said about you.

Indestructible
02-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Iraq has more oil reserves that we know of than any of the others, so we can't quite dismiss the "in it for the oil" arguement quite yet.

Yum Cha
02-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Haven't you already invaded and occupied Canada and Mexico? Down here, we just got poison snakes, spiders and deadly drop bears, nothing worth invading for....

Merryprankster
02-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Iraq has more oil reserves that we know of than any of the others, so we can't quite dismiss the "in it for the oil" arguement quite yet.

I'll believe it when U.S. refineries start retooling for Iraqi oil, vice Canadian, Nigerian, Venezuelan, Mexican and Saudi crude.

David Jamieson
02-23-2005, 06:47 PM
well, i don't know about invading us...

But investing in Canada is a good idea.
Even better now for all foreigners like the USA and other countries with enough wealth as of today.

why? well because our corporate taxation has been lowered to 19%!!!! in our new federal budget.

Get up here! Spend your money on our tar sands in Alberta and we'll be happy to give you a good deal on it. I think we have somewhere in the area of three trillion barrels locked up in the sands. the CHinese are already dropping cash on us like it's candy for sick kids.

Hurry now before we all go kyoto and move back to steam engines. :D
Hey get this, were beefing up our military too!

whadda ya know.

And how about that shrub having dinner with Chiraq?

Too bad about all the dead though, that is a crying shame, not much of a legacy to be proud of really if'n ya ask me.

Ben Gash
02-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Yum Cha, no Terry Pratchett references :p
MP, we're selling oil to you :confused: So you can have it for a dollar a gallon while we pay 5 pounds? :confused:
I vote we go to war with the US! :mad:

FuXnDajenariht
02-23-2005, 08:04 PM
im sorry too. i dont know why but i just am :(

......doesn't the angry smilie look constipated now? :mad:

Jhapa
02-23-2005, 08:21 PM
It turns out I was wrong about the top foreign oil importers to the United States.

Here they are in order:

CANADA
MEXICO
SAUDI ARABIA
VENEZUELA
NIGERIA
IRAQ
ANGOLA
UNITED KINGDOM
ECUADOR
GABON
KUWAIT
ALGERIA
RUSSIA
COLOMBIA
ARGENTINA

For convenience sake, I have bolded out the THREE (out of fifteen) Middle East countries from which the United States gets its foreign oil, and which totals....not that much of the complete volume of imports. It seems that by the "We're in Iraq for the oil argument," by all rights we should be invading Canada and Mexico.

So, Kung Lek was correct in that I was wrong about part of my information. Not that it does his argument much good.

Thanks you, I'll be here all week.

Venezuela and Nigeria are part of OPEC.

Merryprankster
02-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Venezuela and Nigeria are part of OPEC.

Ummm... so? I'm not sure what your point is...

Water Dragon
02-24-2005, 07:22 AM
Who needs to have a point? This is KFM, remember?

Merryprankster
02-24-2005, 07:26 AM
WD,

you are wise beyond earthly wisdom.

red5angel
02-24-2005, 07:49 AM
"Hey get this, were beefing up our military too!"

Adding 12 guys does not constitute beefing up your military :D

David Jamieson
02-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Actually, the "beefing up" consists of a cash injection amounting to 17.1 Billion dollars and 5000 field troops.

The money will be to pay the new field troops (cause frankly we need em our standing army has dwindled over the last 20 years significantly to the point where it is difficult for us to meet our obligations around the world with any efficiency and proficiency) and to replace some of the equipment that is getting older now.

So, that is a good thing, imo. In a country 1/10th(approx) the size of the US, this is significant. Especially considering the level of training our guys receive, which is by any standard, quite high.

Jhapa
02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Ummm... so? I'm not sure what your point is...

even though venezuela and nigeria might not be from middle east, they have the same rules of selling oil as saudi, iraq and kuwait.

Merryprankster
02-24-2005, 12:03 PM
1. Sooooo?
2. OPEC is more like a gentleman's agreement. It's "rules" are violated daily by every country that's a member.
3. Crudes are not exchangeable. It's not all the same.
4. Still don't get your point.