PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Bullshido?

SAAMAG
02-23-2005, 08:26 PM
That forum is full of so many posers it's unbelieveable! I signed on there to get my forum fix when this one went down, and I've been defending wing chun ever since!

At one point it's fun to debate with morons, but at the same time...depressing to know how stupid some people are.

sihing
02-23-2005, 10:25 PM
LOL, yeah I know exactly how you feel Van. I went on the Deluxe Forum once and wandered on to a Muay Thai thread about how effective their art was and stated, with reasons, why I felt other wise, and all they could come back with was oh yeah and this guy won this tournament and so on so it must be effective... When I keep on asking for reasons why Muay Thai was more effective than WC they couldn't come back with any response (not that I don't think MT is not a effective art), I thought that was funny.

James

AmanuJRY
02-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Van,

I know what you mean. I've posted on that board, I like this one better. ;)

mortal
02-24-2005, 11:08 AM
They rip apart Sifu Grados over there. Or anyone else who doesn't study Muay tai and brazilian jujitsu. What's funny is he did BJJ for a while.

SAAMAG
02-25-2005, 11:44 AM
They rip apart Sifu Grados over there. Or anyone else who doesn't study Muay tai and brazilian jujitsu. What's funny is he did BJJ for a while.
I have done both MT and BJJ for a bit, but because I mentioned wing chun as my primary art I'm catching hell for it.

They try to rip apart anything just about. I have this one kid there, who practices kenjutsu supposedly, who fully admits to having no knowledge of the arts mentioned, or wing chun, but he's been constantly pestering me telling me wing chun sucks and that he doesn't have to be a gracie to know that. I keep telling him to put up something with details..but he can't do it, because he knows sh-- about nothing.

It's just funny. When I get bored...I go in there to debate a little.

If you guys want to see it, it's in the "general BS section"

AmanuJRY
02-25-2005, 06:49 PM
If you guys want to see it, it's in the "general BS section"

What thread?

AmanuJRY
02-25-2005, 07:20 PM
never mind, I found it.

SanSoo Student
02-26-2005, 04:17 AM
I think that those people forget one key factor about martial arts fighting in the street or reality based fighting. A martial artist will usually have the element of instinctual self-defense and surprise on their side. In a ring or MMA style fight, there is no surprise as two people meet up already in fighting poses. In the street a person walks up to another or engage in close conversation, situations where one normally does not assume a fighting stance (like automatically putting up your fists). The impact of this is, that the MA will be able to sense when a situation will require force and act quicker more percise to get into the guy, do as much damage and get away. Wing Chun, Muay Thai any art has steps into teaching how to close the gap and get inside the person.

I say like an art like Muay Thai/Boxing has advantages in a bar-fight scenario, because it offers powerful combos to fight multiple opponents. One can also argue that various styles of kung fu have powerful strikes and combo as well, if you put enough time and intensity like so Muay Thai fighters I respect, then such Wing Chun footwork, 45 degree inside blows, and other crippling moves would prove effective also.

Tournament is not an effective way of measure street-readiness of an art, as you can get unlucky on the street. From my past experiences, bar fights, street brawls end in around 2-5 hits if one of the people are serious. Things like takedowns, maiming of the face, hitting the throat will end the fight rather quickly. a thing like aikido, chin na, shuai chiao (traditional leverage arts), I would say are more effective than BJJ or modern wrestling. Traditional arts in "real" situations f**k people up, the don't send them tumbling with you on the ground: you uproot them and then violent launch them. When you use a takedown from shuai chiao, you control and send them flying out of your zone of power. How do they land?....usually on concrete, hard wooden floors hurting their spine, cracking heads, breaking necks. That is why traditional arts teach you how to fall first, because in reall life you don't get back up again with a cracked head.

SimonM
02-26-2005, 11:22 AM
That forum is full of so many posers it's unbelieveable! I signed on there to get my forum fix when this one went down, and I've been defending wing chun ever since!

Don't worry Vankuen, BSdo is full of morons. They have gotten sold a line that BJJ and MT are DA SH!T and that anything else sucks. As far as I am concerned the reason they love the combo so much is that they all just want a BIG HUG so they like fighting arts that depend on clinching. That's also why they get so ornery, they get tossed on their @ss every time they get a hug.

pest
02-26-2005, 01:57 PM
At this point in time I think fighting is fighting, nothing is certain, if you HAVE to fight then inflict as much damage that is needed to get away, expect your opponent to have the same intent to do damage, train accordingly.

I think the BJJ, MT, MMA guys train very hard and are really good at what they do but multiple opponents, weapons and other circumstances are also important. Not saying they dont train that, just saying tactics before style even though one may lead to the other.

EDIT:
When I went to the site they were pretty prejudice against other styles. I wonder what they think of modern day warfair?

Just a thought
~Pest

omarthefish
02-26-2005, 07:21 PM
aw.....did da big bad bullshido boys hurt your feelings.....

There there. It's ok.. you're safe here. KFO promises not to make fun of your silly slapfighting style. :)

Asia
02-27-2005, 07:06 AM
LMAO!!!!!

I love how pple always go BULLSHIDO ONLY LIKES BJJ AND MT. They fail to mention the ALL the staff, including the owner, are CMArtist as well. (oh they also forget they are members of other boards.) :D

BTW BAJI! > Wing Chun!!!

omarthefish
02-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Yes Vankuen,

the other CMA moderator over there who doesn't train MT or BJJ told me to tell you something . . . this board lacks the appropriate smileys but I can tell you it had something to do with saluting and middle fingere. :D

Signed Omar, your friendly neighborhood CMA hating Baji lineage disciple from Bullshido.

Omar Belove,
Xi'an
Shaanxi Province
Peoples Republic of China

SAAMAG
02-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Tell him to put his middle finger back into his A-hole where it belongs....

If they are so proud of their "CMA", then what's the deal with everyone there talking sh-t about chinese martial arts in general? Are they masochists? Or just in it for the money?

I don't mind it at all...because quite frankly no one has put forth any good information thus far...aside from belittling other people in other arts just to make themselves feel bigger.

The only thing good that comes from your site is that people test what they know. UNfortunately, they feel that their results should be the same as everyone elses...which is obviously....wrong.

But alas, their views are apparently not the same as YOUR views, since you're seemingly seperating yourself from those that do the trash talking. Are you saying that they are wrong in saying that MT and BJJ are the two best arts? Because that seems to be the going trend these days. Oh wait...aside from them using TV and the internet clips as their only means of proof....

omarthefish
02-27-2005, 08:16 AM
"My" site? :confused:

"If they are so proud of their "CMA"...

Never said that. No one's "proud of" any particular country of origin.....except of course the occasional patriotic American/English/fill in the blank...What in the world are you talking about? I'm just pointing out the nonsensicality of your statement that we all hate anything that isn't MT/BJJ. Those that actually train those 2 arts I believe are in the minority over there.

"...aside from belittling other people in other arts ..."

More nonesense. One of the overriding themes there is: It doesn't matter WHAT your train...it's HOW. You just happen to be in the unfortunate position of training in an art that is TRULY FAMOUS for patty cake slapfighting and I don't recal you doing much to dispell that impression. There ARE a couple posters over there who do WC who are fully respected. All you really have to do is show up to a throwdown and spar and then no one will really give a rat's a$$ what style you do anymore but will deal with you as an individual instead.

"But alas, their views are apparently not the same as YOUR views, since you're seemingly seperating yourself from those that do the trash talking."

How am I separating myself from it? I started a thread over there ridiculing your little pout-fest over here. But more specifically, what views? What views of mine are different from "theirs". (as if it was the borg or something rather than a collection of individuals each with their own views.)

"Are you saying that they are wrong in saying that MT and BJJ are the two best arts?"

"They" said no such thing. I think maybe Antony feels that BJJ is the best art and Thaiboxeren may feel that way about Muay Thai but other than that you will be extremely fard pressed to find ANYONE with such a narrow view. It's really kind of amazing how insecurity can make you hear things. It just so happens that 95% of the time I would MUCH rather be associated with the MMA crowd than with the TCMA crowd. You assume far too much and are making a lot of dumb excuses for your rude reception ver there.

Oh wait...aside from them using TV and the internet clips as their only means of proof....

....and personal experinces, meeting up with other board members, tournament records and waitaminute, what are "they" trying to prove?

When you've collectred your self and the emotional trauma subsiudes a bit maybe you can look back on what actually happened and .... ah...I doubt it.

Grond
02-27-2005, 08:52 AM
More nonesense. One of the overriding themes there is: It doesn't matter WHAT your train...it's HOW. You just happen to be in the unfortunate position of training in an art that is TRULY FAMOUS for patty cake slapfighting and I don't recal you doing much to dispell that impression. There ARE a couple posters over there who do WC who are fully respected. All you really have to do is show up to a throwdown and spar and then no one will really give a rat's a$$ what style you do anymore but will deal with you as an individual instead.

"But alas, their views are apparently not the same as YOUR views, since you're seemingly seperating yourself from those that do the trash talking."

How am I separating myself from it? I started a thread over there ridiculing your little pout-fest over here. But more specifically, what views? What views of mine are different from "theirs". (as if it was the borg or something rather than a collection of individuals each with their own views.)

"Are you saying that they are wrong in saying that MT and BJJ are the two best arts?"

"They" said no such thing. I think maybe Antony feels that BJJ is the best art and Thaiboxeren may feel that way about Muay Thai but other than that you will be extremely fard pressed to find ANYONE with such a narrow view. It's really kind of amazing how insecurity can make you hear things. It just so happens that 95% of the time I would MUCH rather be associated with the MMA crowd than with the TCMA crowd. You assume far too much and are making a lot of dumb excuses for your rude reception ver there.

Oh wait...aside from them using TV and the internet clips as their only means of proof....

....and personal experinces, meeting up with other board members, tournament records and waitaminute, what are "they" trying to prove?

When you've collectred your self and the emotional trauma subsiudes a bit maybe you can look back on what actually happened and .... ah...I doubt it.

I too, would rather be associated with the MMA crowd, cause, like, ya know the TCMA people are like ***s right?

Omar, get a grip man.

SimonM
02-27-2005, 09:00 AM
Vankuen if you don't like the mode of discourse on BSdo than do what I do, don't go to that site. There are plenty of other Martial Arts forums on the web. Omar I want to appologize if my initial post may have inadvertently painted you with a tarry brush; I will revise my comment to say that there are altogether too many style snobs who vociferously attack any TMAist who speaks up in support of their arts on that site for me to want to participate, I avoid forums that just usually make me mad.

It's one thing to debunk McDojos but a lot of the people on that forum (not all) can't tell the McDojos from the legitimate schools.

SAAMAG
02-27-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm taking it up with them there....since they seem to have their feelings hurt by my posting this here. (Though they've complained themselves about the crapplers and the pretenders there....)

And just to make sure they don't get THEIR feelings hurt anymore :

"Not ALL of the people there are posers. Happy?" -Vankuen

JKDChick
02-27-2005, 01:18 PM
There is, I might point out, a not very fine line between "having hurt feelings" and "mocking you". At the moment, the general consensus on Bullshido is firmly in the 2nd category.

For the record, since I do JKD Concepts, I technically do Kung Fu.

*neener neener neener*

omarthefish
02-27-2005, 03:19 PM
I too, would rather be associated with the MMA crowd, cause, like, ya know the TCMA people are like ***s right?

In a nutshell....yes, that's right.

AndyM
02-27-2005, 04:39 PM
LMAO!!!!!

I love how pple always go BULLSHIDO ONLY LIKES BJJ AND MT. They fail to mention the ALL the staff, including the owner, are CMArtist as well. (oh they also forget they are members of other boards.) :D

BTW BAJI! > Wing Chun!!!

I think Bullshido brings that on itself.
I've noted a lot of Bullshido stalwarts visiting other boards just to preach the gospel.
It's not so much what is said, but the manner.

It's ironic that Bullshido members feel they are getting raw delt, when they don't respect other boards when they come a calling.

I think you'll find a fair few senior members here, are also long term members of Bullshido.

There are exceptions to every rule of course.

SifuAbel
02-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Its not whether any particular style is preferred over at bullshido. Its the large amount of kids on the boards. We get them here periodically too. And there are a few grappling snobs like aesopina and shumagorath which have a tween following. As to the throwdown, I've yet to see much of anything beyond intermediate skill. Except for Asia perhaps.

There a quite a few people over there that do think kung fu does work. ;)

But there are the balance of those that have a major stick up their butts. But they are not all MT or BJJ. Quite a few are karateka. And some are just parrots.

Check out the "How long in ma"thread(general board) for an idea of the readership.

SAAMAG
02-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Its not whether any particular style is preferred over at bullshido. Its the large amount of kids on the boards. We get them here periodically too. And there are a few grappling snobs like aesopina and shumagorath which have a tween following. As to the throwdown, I've yet to see much of anything beyond intermediate skill. Except for Asia perhaps.

There a quite a few people over there that do think kung fu does work. ;)

But there are the balance of those that have a major stick up their butts. But they are not all MT or BJJ. Quite a few are karateka. And some are just parrots.

Check out the "How long in ma"thread(general board) for an idea of the readership.

So far, aside from those that have PM's me and those that have left some constructive criticism, all I've found are parrots. Now they think that I've somehow been offended and I'm hurt, or that I say one thing here and something different there....little do they know the flak that people like me and Victor and Dale and Terence all take for even mentioning anything about progressive resistance training. They were hurt so much by it, that they made ANOTHER thread dedicating it to me...and even threatened my membership there. Whatever. I told them that "if I go to a resturaunt with bad service...you're **** right Im going to tell my friends about it...." I don't see the big deal.

At least here, people are a bit more mature about things. Although it is nice not to have to worry about spelling "mf" out.

SAAMAG
02-27-2005, 07:18 PM
There is, I might point out, a not very fine line between "having hurt feelings" and "mocking you". At the moment, the general consensus on Bullshido is firmly in the 2nd category.

*neener neener neener*

Are you drunk again? Technically you do modified wing chun, mixed with boxing, fencing, and joint locking, filipino martial arts and whatever else your teacher threw in.

Phrost
02-27-2005, 08:00 PM
You know what's ironic? A few of the founding, and many of the long-time members of Bullshido originally came from these forums. Asia, KC Elbows, even our pal Rudy here, among others, are all active members over there.

Nobody of any consequence at Bullshido bags on Kung Fu or CMA just because they are Kung Fu or CMA. Styles aren't our concern, it's inferior training methods that we go after for the most part.

If you're standing in pretty little lines doing drills and never spar each other non-stop with hard contact, you're probably being taught garbage. At least, you'll never know whether or not you are because you never fight anyone in the dojo.

Does this touch close to home for many Wing Chun guys? Of course it does, but not all of them.

Anyway, welcome to Bullshido.

-------

Hi Gene!

Is that article by that fruitcake about his ninja assassin escapades still up here?

SAAMAG
02-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Funny how this comes on this forum and not the other. Is this a PR thing? Anyway thanks for the welcome. Like I said to you guys on your forum....I call it like I see it. Can't really complain about that because that's the way it really is...

At least you're standing by your people, as unruly as they are. That's commendable.

SifuAbel
02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Ahem,

"Mr." Phrost, your name starts with a "D", I assume. I don't know you well enough to feel comfortable enough to use it. And, I respect your decision not to use it publicly. I would thank you to return the favor. :mad:

There is nothing wrong with doing drills in a line if the later is also true. And this is the crux of the problem, if any, at bullshido. Some people, in the effort to bring truth to MA, tend to throw out the baby with the bath water. And from what I've seen so far it certainy couldn't hurt some on that board to do a few drills.

Notice I said some. There are plenty that have experience beyond the fan boy level. There are plenty that do CMA. Although some, for some unexplained reason, are the biggest loudmouths and irk the largest amounts of people yet they have 12 varrots to their credit and seem to have an unless supply to give out. (rep points) That has always been a mystery to me. Some even have more than the moderators. And with post counts over 10000, I wonder when they have time to train at all.

Bullshido, although well intended, is not perfect in its mission. It is not unbiased. It is not immune to propaganda. And sitting in judgement are some people that are not qualified to do so. Mob rules?

Chief Fox
02-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Bullshido is a good forum. A lot of people over there know their stuff but like any online forum there is going to be some garbage. You just have to weed it out.

I also enjoy the drama over at bullshido. Some pretty entertaining stuff sometimes. :D

I think it's pretty cool that Phrost posted over here.

SAAMAG
02-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Things tend to be dying down...apparently it's a hazing ritual of some kind, and that I'm supposed to know who to listen to and who not to.

In any case the good one's are coming out of the woodwork...a lot of them are still a-holes though.

But holy crap what a difference in attitude....

Ultimatewingchun
02-27-2005, 10:33 PM
"There ARE a couple posters over there who do WC who are fully respected. All you really have to do is show up to a throwdown and spar and then no one will really give a rat's a$$ what style you do anymore but will deal with you as an individual instead." (omarthefish)

SHOW UP WHERE?

What place(s) are you talking about?

And when/how often do they have their events?

AndyM
02-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Bullshido, although well intended, is not perfect in its mission. It is not unbiased. It is not immune to propaganda. And sitting in judgement are some people that are not qualified to do so. Mob rules?
Hear, hear!
When one of them stutters, mass dyslexia follows!
I value KFO for what it is.
I don't need any help working out what's relevant thanks.

Now don't you Bullshido people have some TKD Black Belts to save? :D

omarthefish
02-28-2005, 02:21 AM
"There ARE a couple posters over there who do WC who are fully respected. All you really have to do is show up to a throwdown and spar and then no one will really give a rat's a$$ what style you do anymore but will deal with you as an individual instead." (omarthefish)

SHOW UP WHERE?

What place(s) are you talking about?

And when/how often do they have their events?

Look Here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

And just to be extra clear about what it is NOT....

A throwdown is not a fight club.
A throwdown is not a challenge match.

A throwdown is a generally friendly get together. It is a chance to clear up misunderstandings but more importantly, it is a place to SHOW what you mean. The level of contact is up to the participants. Like Sifu Able said, most of them, from what I've seen, are pretty mild. If both partners agree then full MMA type sparring may happen. So what I was saying in my last post is that it's a chance to get judged on you own ability/attitude/toughness/etc rather than the rep of your style or your ability to talk the talk online. . . for better or for worse.

So in the case of a style like WC which has a terrible reputation these days, instead of crying, "Yeah but we're different. ...", you can show them and typicallly there is video. But be prepared to find out that you were wrong. You may get a wake up call....or maybe some BJJ "nutrider" will. It's up to you.

MANY of the biggest "haters" are people like me who honestly wish someone would show them really good WC/Taiji/Fukien Dog Boxing/fill in the blank.

Anyways, just check the forum I linked for an event in your area or start a new thread asking if anyone in your area is interested. It's pretty informal.

Asia
02-28-2005, 02:55 AM
I think Bullshido brings that on itself.
I've noted a lot of Bullshido stalwarts visiting other boards just to preach the gospel.
It's not so much what is said, but the manner.

It's ironic that Bullshido members feel they are getting raw delt, when they don't respect other boards when they come a calling.

I think you'll find a fair few senior members here, are also long term members of Bullshido.

There are exceptions to every rule of course.

Actually what usually happens is pple go to other boards and bad mouth Bullshido. Bullshido members show up and the fun begins.

For some reason a lot of pple feel threatened by Bullshido. What it really comes down to is they hate having their belief systems blatantly shattered.

I know Bullshido isn't a perfect site and it has its share of trolls, children, and other things that plaque any forum but someone has to tell pple that "jump kick will stop a grappler trying to take you down"* is a ******* train of thought.

In any case the good one's are coming out of the woodwork...a lot of them are still a-holes though.

I think you are a crybaby and a little ***** but nice to have you around anyways! Now MAN UP!:D

Now don't you Bullshido people have some TKD Black Belts to save?

Nah my current focus is whipping Bullshido members into shape. Anyone in the UK want a butt whoopping I fly into Stanstead this Friday. :cool:

*actual comment by a Bullshido basher trying to show his superior*snicker* MA knowledge and skill.

CaptinPickAxe
02-28-2005, 04:09 AM
aw.....did da big bad bullshido boys hurt your feelings.....

There there. It's ok.. you're safe here. KFO promises not to make fun of your silly slapfighting style.

LMFAO! That's exactly what I was thinking. If you can't take the heat stay the fukk out the kitchen.

Also, don't think because those guys have supreme mouth-fu that they can't hand most internet warriors there asses all bundled up nice and pretty like. Some of those cats are lean, mean, killing machines...

SAAMAG
02-28-2005, 05:36 AM
CPt....aren't you in San Antonio? Did you ever train at Phongsavane's MT gym?

AndyM
02-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Actually what usually happens is pple go to other boards and bad mouth Bullshido. Bullshido members show up and the fun begins.

OK, THAT is a stupid comment, as I'm loaded with URL's indicating the opposite.

For some reason a lot of pple feel threatened by Bullshido. What it really comes down to is they hate having their belief systems blatantly shattered. That's a misconception driven by the mass hysterical cultism on Bullshido.
Wake up, you ain't converting any sinners today. :D

I know Bullshido isn't a perfect site and it has its share of trolls, children, and other things that plaque any forum but someone has to tell pple that "jump kick will stop a grappler trying to take you down"* is a ******* train of thought. Sure they do. IMy ears really perk up, and the message flies home straight and true when that message is supported by expletives, bad grammer and bad manners.

CaptinPickAxe
02-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Are you talking about School of the Shadowfist? If so, no. I saw their tournament at the asian new years festival. It was interesting to say the least. I also used to know his brother, his name was pronounce "Prey"... very nice man.

I trained Shuai Chiao with Sifu Kirk Woller, a black belt under Master John Wang. Very realistic and hard training. I was spiked into the the ground for 2 hours twice a week...

I miss it dearly.

CaptinPickAxe
02-28-2005, 05:50 AM
BTW...

Have you seen Asia's sparring vids? I don't like to ride the steeze, but the dudes got skill.

Asia=Pummlebot 9000xp

I'd like to find some Baji... :(

MoreMisfortune
02-28-2005, 07:15 AM
hey hows it going kids

bullshido is an evil place
but there is a kid there that is very cool
he is called Xeamus
that dont post much but he is very awesome

Asia
02-28-2005, 07:25 AM
OK, THAT is a stupid comment, as I'm loaded with URL's indicating the opposite.

By all means post them because I have many that prove my point. The recent SHAOLINWOLF site is a prime example.

That's a misconception driven by the mass hysterical cultism on Bullshido.

Uhm RIIIIIIIIGHT! :rolleyes:

Wake up, you ain't converting any sinners today.
REPENT HEATHEN!!!! :mad:

Ultimatewingchun
02-28-2005, 08:11 AM
omarthefish:

Tried the link you provided to the bullshido throwdown.

But it says...

"FORBIDDEN - You don't have access to the forum from this servor."

What's up with that?

SAAMAG
02-28-2005, 09:04 AM
You have to copy and paste it Vic....it's there. They want me to go to one to "prove my claims" or whatever....what claims I made I'm still not sure.... :confused:

SAAMAG
02-28-2005, 09:07 AM
BTW...

Have you seen Asia's sparring vids? I don't like to ride the steeze, but the dudes got skill.

Asia=Pummlebot 9000xp

I'd like to find some Baji... :(

No I haven't seen those vids...where do I see them at?

Phet is a good guy as well...I trained with him years ago before I went into the military. Still friends with him now and drop by his gym occasionally. His brother Prey goes to my (workout) gym. His tournaments have much to be desired, but it's good to get the guys in the ring though. I heard they sent some fighters up to NY recently...not sure what the outcome was though.

I think Phet may have mentioned your sifu...he said a chinese shiua jiao guy came in and talked about his school studying all the ranges of fighting...but then that was the last he heard of them. Had left some cards though. Probably your guy. Wheres the school at?

Shaolinlueb
02-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Tournament is not an effective way of measure street-readiness of an art, as you can get unlucky on the street. From my past experiences, bar fights, street brawls end in around 2-5 hits if one of the people are serious. Things like takedowns, maiming of the face, hitting the throat will end the fight rather quickly. a thing like aikido, chin na, shuai chiao (traditional leverage arts), I would say are more effective than BJJ or modern wrestling. Traditional arts in "real" situations f**k people up, the don't send them tumbling with you on the ground: you uproot them and then violent launch them. When you use a takedown from shuai chiao, you control and send them flying out of your zone of power. How do they land?....usually on concrete, hard wooden floors hurting their spine, cracking heads, breaking necks. That is why traditional arts teach you how to fall first, because in reall life you don't get back up again with a cracked head.

well said i think. and i have to agree on some points.

red5angel
02-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Bullshido has its moments, but like this forum, or any other, you have to wade through the crap to reach a few gems. I have found that because it labels itself as a forum for uncovering the crap in martial arts, it tends to provoke aggressive attitudes and some real morons get attracted to that sort of behaviour.

JKDChick
02-28-2005, 03:32 PM
hey hows it going kids

bullshido is an evil place
but there is a kid there that is very cool
he is called Xeamus
that dont post much but he is very awesome

Xeamus, don't okay? No one's fooled and you look like a twit.

red5angel
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
and voila!

SAAMAG
02-28-2005, 04:41 PM
For the record, Xeamus has been laughed off of Bullshido. He is not a regular poster and no one respects him in any manner. It's just hard to see someone being THAT stupid and thinking it's stealthy. He reminds me of the little boys who used to come into the bookstore where I worked as a teenager and try to read the porno mags.

Self-righteous idiots are always amusing though, red5. You're VERY amusing, I can tell.

Are you drunk again? Although I came over here to tell everyone what I found at your site, notice they're not all trolling on bullshido talking smack and giving personal insults...therein lies a lesson in maturity. You guys talk smack about every other style and place and person, but you can't seem to take it when someone else does the same about you?

Let it be girl...things have already died down over there....no reason to keep it going here. BTW...JKD is at it's primordial core WING CHUN, with a few other things thrown in. Just thought you should know.

David Jamieson
02-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Forums is forums is forums.

The only place where I've actually met and trained with people who are members in person live and breathing is from Cyberkwoon. Made some great friends and had some great training sessions with a few members there.

Of whom, a few are also members of Bullshido. lol.

I used to train cma in a school in the peg. The owner sometimes posts here and a couple of his students do still for sure.

I am a cmaist myself, but I do not find a need to defend what I do and if I meet someone who can show me a training method that is superior to one I am using, or show me something I am missing or something that can be adjusted, I am ready to listen. But style snobs aren't worth anyones time imo. Except for the humour value when ya rile em up by telling em their sh it is fake hahahaha.

Ultimately, why bother bagging on a forum? Who cares, it's all talk anyway, get out there and cross hands with some of these guys. Ya never know, ya just might learn something.

AndyM
02-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Self-righteous idiots are always amusing though, red5. You're VERY amusing, I can tell.
Three whole posts on your membership and you can just pin long term members by their ears like that eh?
You're out of your depth sweetie.
Leave it to the semi intelligent, like................. :confused:

JKDChick
02-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Are you drunk again? Although I came over here to tell everyone what I found at your site, notice they're not all trolling on bullshido talking smack and giving personal insults...therein lies a lesson in maturity. You guys talk smack about every other style and place and person, but you can't seem to take it when someone else does the same about you?

Huh? I mean, really: HUH? What are you babbling about? PLEASE come to Bullshido and talk all the smack you like. PLEASE!!! I'm begging you! PLEASE!

Because either you'll get your butt handed to you and run off crying like a little ***** or you'll say something intelligent and back it up and EVERYONE WILL LEARN SOMETHING EITHER WAY.

I was trying to give someone I perceive as a very young and inexperienced person advice about how not to look like a fool. This was used by someone as an entre to smugly insult a forum I have dedicated years of my life too. 'Course I'm gonna get ****ED.

Let it be girl...

Right away, little boy.

Because a 32 year-old MMA artist with international aspirations deals VERY well with someone of your age/stature being condescending to them.

You're 4 years younger than me and you've been training for 22 years? You've been training since you were 6? Okay. Right. You got a black belt in some ... Korean art before you were 14 didn't you?

Hey, I've been there. I wasted 5 years on TKD. I got a black belt too.

Now I just know how to fight.

things have already died down over there....no reason to keep it going here. BTW...JKD is at it's primordial core WING CHUN, with a few other things thrown in. Just thought you should know.

Gosh, really? I didn't know that and I've never, ever pointed out the miniscule and heavily modified WC aspects of a tiny part of the trapping range training I do in my JKD Concepts training on Bullshido threads about WC. I've never pointed out that some of it works, in certain conditions, with certain caveats.

Never.

You are the cleverest man on the FACE OF THE EARTH.

JKDChick
02-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Three whole posts on your membership and you can just pin long term members by their ears like that eh?

In EXACTLY the same way the 2 days of light browsing TOTALLY reveal all of Bullshido's depths and quirks.

The difference being: I, however, am right.

You're out of your depth sweetie.
Leave it to the semi intelligent, like................. :confused:

Vocabulary is difficult, I know, Andy. Have you looked it up in a Dic-Tion-Ary? That's a BIG book, with lots of SPECIAL words. Go on, honey. You can do it.

CaptinPickAxe
02-28-2005, 05:35 PM
We trained in my sifu's back yard. Sometime in his Sidai's backyard. We were incredibly informal...jeans, wrestling shoes, wife beaters.... But the material was wonderful and the fashion it was taught in was even better.

I have nothing but good to say abou Kirk and his teaching.

JKDChick
02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Cool.

I wish I could learn from someone like that. It'd be cheaper, I'm sure.

Kirk who, if I might ask? I know a couple of Sifu named Kirk in some form.

rogue
02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow this is like the barbarian invasion from Mousels a few years back, but without the humor, smarts and fun.

I was trying to give someone I perceive as a very young and inexperienced person advice about how not to look like a fool. This was used by someone as an entre to smugly insult a forum I have dedicated years of my life too. 'Course I'm gonna get ****ED. Keep it all in perspective, life is bigger than these little forums. But then I have a few more years behind me than you. Take the advice or leave it. :)

JKDChick
02-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Keep it all in perspective, life is bigger than these little forums. But then I have a few more years behind me than you. Take the advice or leave it. :)

Yeeeesssssss .... and your point is? "Oh, don't care about things; it's not important." Why are you even posting then? Why are you here?

Well, I'm certainly not crying into my beer. Or salad, as the case may be. I'm find this kind of thing fun and a nice way to kill time between updates at work.

Akhilleus
02-28-2005, 05:56 PM
I thought forums were suppose to be fun. :confused:

El Tejon
02-28-2005, 05:56 PM
JKDChick, wasn't this Kirk. You know I only wear Hickey-Freeman or Hugo Boss cut off t-shirts. :cool: :D

People at Bullshido have been completely cool to me, a long time (no jokes about my age, you whippersnappers!) CMAist. Despite its "brawler" image I have learned a great deal regarding all styles there. Once you get to know them, they are intensely witty as well.

I see the BJJ/MT for what it is--young men greatly enthused about learning. To me, that is a wonderful thing. Now if only this can happen with CMA ("after I get my gold sash, I'm totally going to power level my wood elf").

Some may seem immature, but, hey, I can relate. :D Besides, it's only the Errornet; no reason to get upset.

JKDChick
02-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Different Kirks you egotist! :p

rogue
02-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeeeesssssss .... and your point is? "Oh, don't care about things; it's not important." Why are you even posting then? Why are you here?
To make your dreams come true? :D

Oh and let me be the first to say, Hi BL!

MoreMisfortune
02-28-2005, 06:09 PM
:o

oh man, she loves me so much :)

JKDChick
02-28-2005, 06:22 PM
I was browsing it when it was still McDojo.com. I don't recollect you as a member back then.

Andy?

I WAS THE THIRD MEMBER OF THE FORUMS. I WROTE THE SECOND ARTICLE ON THE SITE. I WAS ON LINE ON THE ADCC FORUMS WHEN THE IDEA OF MAKING AN ENTIRE WEBSITE FOR PEEDEE TO WRITE HIS RANTS ABOUT MATT FUREY WAS BORN.

You might, just possibly, try being correct about something at some point, if only as a novelty.

Also, if the rest of you would please note the gratuitous, passive-aggressive, vulgar personal insult that has no bearing on the argument in any manner?

Andy, I like MEN, which would be why I have no interest in you.

Edit: On a side note, due to various upgrades, account changes and such, my offcial member ID on Bullshido is 22 now. The site has over 6000 members. For context.

MoreMisfortune
02-28-2005, 06:31 PM
relax baby... no more shouting in here
leave the shouting for me later
you know where you know how ;)

AndyM
02-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Andy?

I WAS THE THIRD MEMBER OF THE FORUMS. I WROTE THE SECOND ARTICLE ON THE SITE. I WAS ON LINE ON THE ADCC FORUMS WHEN THE IDEA OF MAKING AN ENTIRE WEBSITE FOR PEEDEE TO WRITE HIS RANTS ABOUT MATT FUREY WAS BORN.

Don't sweat the small stuff, you obviously made no impression on me, and now I see why.

Also, if the rest of you would please note the gratuitous, passive-aggressive, vulgar personal insult that has no bearing on the argument in any manner?You mean a bit like when you said;

Right away, little boy.
:D
Getting into context, I'm getting the impression that dominating little boys is your major moisture enhancer, hence your activity on Bullshido.

Andy, I like MEN, which would be why I have no interest in you.
No great loss here. I don't go for the Doc Marten and Dungaree wearing types anyway. :D

JKDChick
02-28-2005, 06:46 PM
I know quite well, Andy, that you are incapable of higher rhetorical argument, but I referred to Van as "little boy" due to his referencing me as "girl" when I am older than he is. It came from within the flow of the argument, as a point/counterpoint.

In the same manner, my insulting your *supposed* manhood was a response to your vulgar, senseless and medacious comment about me, not an unprovoked, passive/agressive (I bet if you have a nickel for every time someone pointed that out about you, Andy, you would be able to buy out Branson) comment designed to avoid discussing the issue at hand by clogging the thread with your pathetic attempts to make SOMEONE respect you.

As to whether you noticed me on McDojo ... I guess there were simply a whole lot of REALLY SHINY THINGS on the sidewalk, and you got distracted chasing them and giggling.

AndyM
02-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I know quite well, Andy, that you are incapable of higher rhetorical argument, but I referred to Van as "little boy" due to his referencing me as "girl" when I am older than he is. It came from within the flow of the argument, as a point/counterpoint.

In the same manner, my insulting your *supposed* manhood was a response to your vulgar, senseless and medacious comment about me, not an unprovoked, passive/agressive (I bet if you have a nickel for every time someone pointed that out about you, Andy, you would be able to buy out Branson) comment designed to avoid discussing the issue at hand by clogging the thread with your pathetic attempts to make SOMEONE respect you.

As to whether you noticed me on McDojo ... I guess there were simply a whole lot of REALLY SHINY THINGS on the sidewalk, and you got distracted chasing them and giggling.

Well naturally, being someone not actively posting on Dullshido, I could never win your bovine affections, so I went for the cheap shots.
Would you like sauce for that Rug?

What are you posting on here for exactly?

Ah yes, JKD is Kung Fu right? Bwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

Wait.......

No...........

It's because someone dared to express an opinion about Bullshido right?

Surely you guys/dykes, in your quest for holiness, would appreciate the odd negative opinion to be sure of your purity in purpose?
You could pressure test those ideals no?

Nah, it's a crock!

MoreMisfortune
02-28-2005, 06:53 PM
she is rough like that guys
she likes to be on top ;)

SimonM
02-28-2005, 06:56 PM
Ok guys everyone cool your jets. As I said to Van earlier: if you don't like BSdo don't go to BSdo, the web is free, nobody forces you to go there. But seriously guys there is a lot of vitriol in these little messages here let's keep some perspective, it's just a webpage, who cares in the end if the people there want to rip on Wing Chun or on Chan Tai San or on Qi or on Taiji, etc. It doesn't matter. :cool:

MoreMisfortune
02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
sometimes i shave my hair
just to change the looks a bit
and its on those times
that she likes the most
to polish my bald head
:)

Akhilleus
02-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I second that Simon...

Guys, we are never going to get anywhere if we argue amongst ourselves...clearly, JKDChick has some accomplishments that she is proud of, and rightfully so...JKDChick, congrats...

clearly some people are sensitive to criticism and ridicule on the internet...again, they may be right...my own (future) Sifu, Coach Carr Sr. the Power Punching Coach, was ridiculed for having his back foot come off the ground when he smashed a water melon...his freakin' back foot... ...for those of us who would like to cross hands with Sifu Carr Sr. one day, we know that he is "The Real Deal", therefore, we do not feel upset or angry when others criticism him online...rather we pity them, for not understanding the true tenets of Shaolin...jing becomes qi, qi becomes shen, shen washes bone marrow and can help us enrich our work and play...

Akhilleus
02-28-2005, 07:06 PM
made haiku that is bigger than normal haiku

Really? Bobby Heenan will be green with envy

MoreMisfortune
02-28-2005, 07:07 PM
made haiku that is bigger than normal haiku

Really? Bobby Heenan will be green with envy

thanx man, i made it for her :)
i think ill write down a song tomorrow when in the bus

AndyM
02-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Sifu, Coach Carr Sr. the Power Punching Coach, was ridiculed for having his back foot come off the ground when he smashed a water melon...his freakin' back foot... ...for those of us who would like to cross hands with Sifu Carr Sr. one day, we know that he is "The Real Deal", therefore, we do not feel upset or angry when others criticism him online...rather we pity them, for not understanding the true tenets of Shaolin...jing becomes qi, qi becomes shen, shen washes bone marrow and can help us enrich our work and play...

Yeah, that clip's a popular Avatar on BS right now. :D

MoreMisfortune
02-28-2005, 07:15 PM
the back foot may come out on xing yi too
that is when you are driving forward
though its diferent from the guy on the clip
that is, example: front foot leaves the ground, thou moves forward and punches when balanced by this leg and the back leg is following the momentum breaking finally on the ground that is, the power came from the ground, everything was articulated as one

Akhilleus
02-28-2005, 07:25 PM
yeah...that's what he was doing...xing yi...

I haven't communicated with Coach Carr yet in any way, but he told me over the phone that he was going to teach me the pa kwa hands, coupled with the xing yi footword that you see in the clip...together these 2 arts should make a fine foundation for the family jewels of shao lin!

AmanuJRY
02-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Well, I'm certainly not crying into my beer. Or salad, as the case may be. I'm find this kind of thing fun and a nice way to kill time between updates at work.

That's the problem, too many people come onto these boards looking for a stupid, pathetic arguement instead of insightful, honest dialog.

SAAMAG
02-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Huh? I mean, really: HUH? What are you babbling about? PLEASE come to Bullshido and talk all the smack you like. PLEASE!!! I'm begging you! PLEASE!

Because either you'll get your butt handed to you and run off crying like a little ***** or you'll say something intelligent and back it up and EVERYONE WILL LEARN SOMETHING EITHER WAY.

I was trying to give someone I perceive as a very young and inexperienced person advice about how not to look like a fool. This was used by someone as an entre to smugly insult a forum I have dedicated years of my life too. 'Course I'm gonna get ****ED.

Let me tell you what you're doing. You're butting in where you don't belong on an issue that has nothing to do with you. You're fueling flames that no longer need to burn...and you know it. You're trolling on a forum insulting people personally, all the while knowing deep down inside that you really are a hypocrite, because after all...you can't talk **** about someone and then get mad that they do the same about you. Like so many of you say...if you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen right? It is what it is...no matter what else you have to say.

Right away, little boy.

Because a 32 year-old MMA artist with international aspirations deals VERY well with someone of your age/stature being condescending to them.

You're 4 years younger than me and you've been training for 22 years? You've been training since you were 6? Okay. Right. You got a black belt in some ... Korean art before you were 14 didn't you?

Hey, I've been there. I wasted 5 years on TKD. I got a black belt too.

Now I just know how to fight.

Here's where your personal narrowmindedness comes into play...First off...I wasn't being condescending to you...I said girl, not little girl. That's an idiosynchrosy that I have with many of the female associates I have. No offense should have been taken. You can look THAT up in the dic-tion-ary, as you like to spell it.

And you being 32 years old means sh-t. I'm 28 so what? And as a matter of fact...I have been studying martial arts since I was in kindergarden, there are people that didn't wait till their white trash husband beats them up to start thinking about learning to defend themselves. In addition...since you asked, I have numerous "black belts" and in more then just korean arts....does it really matter? Nope. The black belt only signifies that one has learned the basics of the art; and is ready to learn. And I have never once...spoken of any belts...because I think it's a ridiculous method to judge someone's skill.

Gosh, really? I didn't know that and I've never, ever pointed out the miniscule and heavily modified WC aspects of a tiny part of the trapping range training I do in my JKD Concepts training on Bullshido threads about WC. I've never pointed out that some of it works, in certain conditions, with certain caveats.

Never.

Funny...I seem to remember you saying that technically..."you are a chinese stylist" as well...and that was HERE on this thread. Funny how you can say that and then mention now how it's such a small part of your repotoire.

***You know what I say? You always gotta keep your bit-h on a leash! Cuz if you don't, she get's out of her yard...

How's that for clever? ;)

David Jamieson
02-28-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't know what martial arts anyone could learn off a forum.

Certainly not much after you wade through all the nonsense which is pretty much what most of the actual forum is. Any forum, pick a forum.

However, if you get to meet people, or get to look at some vids, read some articles, that is different, from meeting you can learn definitely, from watching vids and reading you can gain a little superficial idea of something, but can you actually learn something?

Yeah, you can learn how vindictive people are or how nice they are, or how flaky, or what hippies, or ditto heads or stubborn, or smart or plain stupid et al.

It's all good. I like to nmostly waste time in a community that also likes to waste time on forums and do martial arts.

I wouldn't want to hang out at the sock puppet forums, people play way too ruff in those. :p

rogue
02-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Well KL with the sock puppet remark I think you've finally insulted every group out there. I really thought you had overlook them or were a closet sock puppeteer. :D :D

AndyM
02-28-2005, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't want to hang out at the sock puppet forums, people play way too ruff in those. :pBut surely a right hand filled sock will always out fantasy fight a left hand filled sock? :D

David Jamieson
02-28-2005, 08:52 PM
sock puppet to naked man: "do I have to wrestle the snake again?"

:p < this smiley is particularly gay by the way.

SPJ
03-01-2005, 06:32 AM
Forums are like public toilets. The threads are piissing or spitting contests. The posters are piissers and spitters. The moderators are the janitors.

How many types of forums? As many as the sands on the beach or the stars in the sky. It is all because of internet.

A. Vulgarity forum:

I piiss longer and spit further. Oh ya, you are condesending. Your piiss and spit are not effective. I bet you duno how to piiss or spit. I call you out for a piiss or spit down. It is light contact. Otherwise, you duno what you are saying about your piisses and spits. My school of piissing and spitting is better than your school. Your school is BS. You guys never come to the mixed piissing contest. If you do not piiss, you do not know how to piiss, period.

B. Doctor (information) forum:

Let us do urinalysis and DNA test on your piiss and spit. Specific gravity too high, you need to drink more. SG too low, we need cbc/chem/T4 panel to check your liver and kidney function. bilirubin, ketone and sugar, men, you have diabetes. let us do water deprivation test and a blood panel to see if it melitus or insipidus. Oh blood, white blood cell, bacteria and oops gonorhea---

Your spit is thick---

C. Laywer (suing) forum:

You piiss on me. Everything you said in your posts will be used against you. I will sue you for harrasment, threaten to piiss on me, damage to clothes or property, defilements. You may remain piissless and spitless and get a lawyer to piiss and spit for you. I will see you in court. I get a warrant and subpeona on all of your posts or piisses and spits.

D. Monk forum:

Your piiss got anger, stress, murdering intent and Qi. Chill out. My piiss got peace and harmony. Go piiss at a tree. Oops. I mean go hug a tree.

On and on.

The mods come out. Well you guys shut up and piiss already. Or I will turn off the lights and lock the door or the thread.

So the question is that which type of a piisser are you?

The vulgarity, the doctor, the lawyer, the monk or ---

I will shut up and do my piiss now.

:confused: :D ;) :p

SPJ
03-01-2005, 06:43 AM
It is a post to entertain.

It is humor.

No other things intended.

This is a disclaimer for the previous post.

SAAMAG
03-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Forums are like public toilets. The threads are piissing or spitting contests. The posters are piissers and spitters. The moderators are the janitors.

How many types of forums? As many as the sands on the beach or the stars in the sky. It is all because of internet.

A. Vulgarity forum:

I piiss longer and spit further. Oh ya, you are condesending. Your piiss and spit are not effective. I bet you duno how to piiss or spit. I call you out for a piiss or spit down. It is light contact. Otherwise, you duno what you are saying about your piisses and spits. My school of piissing and spitting is better than your school. Your school is BS. You guys never come to the mixed piissing contest. If you do not piiss, you do not know how to piiss, period.

B. Doctor (information) forum:

Let us do urinalysis and DNA test on your piiss and spit. Specific gravity too high, you need to drink more. SG too low, we need cbc/chem/T4 panel to check your liver and kidney function. bilirubin, ketone and sugar, men, you have diabetes. let us do water deprivation test and a blood panel to see if it melitus or insipidus. Oh blood, white blood cell, bacteria and oops gonorhea---

Your spit is thick---

C. Laywer (suing) forum:

You piiss on me. Everything you said in your posts will be used against you. I will sue you for harrasment, threaten to piiss on me, damage to clothes or property, defilements. You may remain piissless and spitless and get a lawyer to piiss and spit for you. I will see you in court. I get a warrant and subpeona on all of your posts or piisses and spits.

D. Monk forum:

Your piiss got anger, stress, murdering intent and Qi. Chill out. My piiss got peace and harmony. Go piiss at a tree. Oops. I mean go hug a tree.

On and on.

The mods come out. Well you guys shut up and piiss already. Or I will turn off the lights and lock the door or the thread.

So the question is that which type of a piisser are you?

The vulgarity, the doctor, the lawyer, the monk or ---

I will shut up and do my piiss now.

:confused: :D ;) :p

Not bad my friend....not bad. That about sums it up doesn't it? I think I **** a little of everything depending on who Im talking to....

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah, that clip's a popular Avatar on BS right now. :D

One avatar out of 6000+. Yeah, it's like an avalanche.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Funny...I seem to remember you saying that technically..."you are a chinese stylist" as well...and that was HERE on this thread. Funny how you can say that and then mention now how it's such a small part of your repotoire.

Uh, yeah. That would be because ... they are a tiny part. Hell, the only thing JKD took from Praying Mantis was the elevation change.

My god! Your insight! I'm awed by your intellect ...

***You know what I say? You always gotta keep your bit-h on a leash! Cuz if you don't, she get's out of her yard...

How's that for clever? ;)

Like I said, you are just the CLEVEREST MAN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. You and Andy are GENIUSES at making witty comments, absolute geniuses. I'm double-awed and inspired by your wit and grace.

That's it, I convert! Wing Chun is the only art that works! Hail WC!

You actually believe that anything you *cough* studied *cough* as a toddler was martial arts? Okay ... say, on your planet, the turtles sing, don't they? And the sky is a lovely shade of lemon, I'll bet.

You have "numerous" black belts? Wow, I'm EVEN MORE IMPRESSED. Numerous! Is that more than "lots"? Your dedication is amazing, you must spend 12-15 hours a day training. Lord knows, you can't possibly have had time to do anything else.

*pause*

Oh, and everyone here is INVITED AND WELCOMED to come to Bullshido ANYTIME and post. You can say anything you like ... we don't even have silly word filters so you can talk like a grown-up. Talk smack, talk respectful, anything you like. Anytime. Please. Bullshido is about open, free discussion.

Discussion, you see, dosen't mean: "Sit in a room talking with a bunch of people who already agree with you and congratulate yourself on how open minded you are". Discussion includes dissent.

And when you taunt a tiger, you should be careful that its chain is actually fastened to something.

Was that pseudo-Asian enough for you guys?

rogue
03-01-2005, 10:13 AM
JKDC What was Bri Thai banned for? :confused:

SAAMAG
03-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Uh, yeah. That would be because ... they are a tiny part. Hell, the only thing JKD took from Praying Mantis was the elevation change.

My god! Your insight! I'm awed by your intellect ...

Like I said, you are just the CLEVEREST MAN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. You and Andy are GENIUSES at making witty comments, absolute geniuses. I'm double-awed and inspired by your wit and grace.

That's it, I convert! Wing Chun is the only art that works! Hail WC!

You actually believe that anything you *cough* studied *cough* as a toddler was martial arts? Okay ... say, on your planet, the turtles sing, don't they? And the sky is a lovely shade of lemon, I'll bet.

You have "numerous" black belts? Wow, I'm EVEN MORE IMPRESSED. Numerous! Is that more than "lots"? Your dedication is amazing, you must spend 12-15 hours a day training. Lord knows, you can't possibly have had time to do anything else.

*pause*

Oh, and everyone here is INVITED AND WELCOMED to come to Bullshido ANYTIME and post. You can say anything you like ... we don't even have silly word filters so you can talk like a grown-up. Talk smack, talk respectful, anything you like. Anytime. Please. Bullshido is about open, free discussion.

Discussion, you see, dosen't mean: "Sit in a room talking with a bunch of people who already agree with you and congratulate yourself on how open minded you are". Discussion includes dissent.

And when you taunt a tiger, you should be careful that its chain is actually fastened to something.

Was that pseudo-Asian enough for you guys?

Actually, I do think that what I've done from my inception point on was martial arts. It didn't start to materialize as a "fighting art" until I gained experience (even though the mechanics were present). Depending on your maturity level, where you're from and what your surroundings are, this typically happens around the teen years. And to answer your obvious rhetorical question...that's actually all I did do as a child is practice martial arts. That WAS my past time. I enjoyed it and didn't know any better. I did take time off to watch kung fu theatre though.

You seem to get abrasive for no real reason, and regardless of actual age, (just as I did at your place...) are acting like a child. Free thinking is not the same as immaturity. Not to imply anything.

Anyway, people will continue to do what they do, until they decide to do otherwise, regardless of what's said in these forums...such is life.

**keep in mind that no one here is saying to you that wing chun is the only working system. You're spouting off without thinking with this one. Not a big deal, we've all done it at one point or another. Just making a point here.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Re: Bri Thai

He was banned by a former staff member ... for reasons I trusted at the time and now realise I don't understand and may not believe. Actually, we're (the staff) reviewing the whole thing and if I (we) can't find a concrete reason soon I believe he'll be re-instated.

I do re-call him being very trollish, vulgar, threatening and insulting but the time-frame is what's important. Who started it?

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 11:48 AM
You seem to get abrasive for no real reason, .

I was being insulted.

Also, THIS? This is not me "being abrasive". If I was being abrasive, I'd already be banned.

I'm being abrasive? I've made vulgar personal attacks against people TOTALLY unprompted? Please.

Not saying I've been a model of decorum or anything, but I'm really not the only person acting like an asswipe here. But if Andy Murray is a respected member of this community, I would expect people to be too blind to legally drive in most countries.

and regardless of actual age, (just as I did at your place...) are acting like a child. Free thinking is not the same as immaturity. Not to imply anything. .

No, actually, I'm acting like a grown-up who dosen't agree with you. I'm using specific rhetorical tactics to make points, which include mockery, mimicry and irony; the fact that I have MORE in my arsenal than I've used is a simply because I don't go to a higher level or argument till it's warrented. You are starting to warrent that, since you are responding with relatively reasoned arguments.

Don't be dishonest though; it wins you no moral highground. You ARE implying things.

I AM immature. I'm also agressive, un-compromising and reasonably intelligent.

**keep in mind that no one here is saying to you that wing chun is the only working system. You're spouting off without thinking with this one. Not a big deal, we've all done it at one point or another. Just making a point here.

It's a knee jerk, insulting Wing Chun. Because I know that small parts of it work and that's masked by the idiocy of 95% of the practioners.

Ray Pina
03-01-2005, 11:53 AM

At one point it's fun to debate with morons, but at the same time...depressing to know how stupid some people are.

It's the internet; people talk and talk and talk.

I will say this about Muay Thai and BJJ fighters, they tend to back up what they talk about more than your average CMA stylist ... that's just my opinion from my own personal experience. I know SOME great CMA stylists who challenge themselves and test out, no doubt about it. But most MMA I know do this on a regular basis.

Also, would be more comfortable getting into a street situation with a guy who has a lot of NHB tournament experience then with a TMA who has only drilled what to do in class. Being comfortable and familiar with violence is the biggest thing to overcome. Technique is a dime a dozen, everyone has theirs.

Anyone know when the next Bull$hido Throwdown is in NYC? I'm in Puerto Rico March 9 to 17th put would like to participate.

rogue
03-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Re: Bri Thai

He was banned by a former staff member ... for reasons I trusted at the time and now realise I don't understand and may not believe. Actually, we're (the staff) reviewing the whole thing and if I (we) can't find a concrete reason soon I believe he'll be re-instated.

I do re-call him being very trollish, vulgar, threatening and insulting but the time-frame is what's important. Who started it?
trollish: Check.
vulgar: Maybe
insulting :Check
threatening : I never noticed him do that.

I was just wondering. Thanks JKDC

AndyM
03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
INot saying I've been a model of decorum or anything, but I'm really not the only person acting like an asswipe here. But if Andy Murray is a respected member of this community, I would expect people to be too blind to legally drive in most countries.

Get something Homeopathic for that rash before it get's infected sweetie. You got something under your skin. :D

MasterKiller
03-01-2005, 12:14 PM
You know what I like about Bullshido?

99% of them have "teh real" TKD, and everyone else sucks. :rolleyes:

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone know when the next Bull$hido Throwdown is in NYC? I'm in Puerto Rico March 9 to 17th put would like to participate.

Here's the thread, looks like March 20th.

http://bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18511&page=3

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 12:16 PM

Does this statement make sense in another language, and only incidentally resembles English words? That would seem most likely.

rogue
03-01-2005, 12:16 PM

But didn't you just find out that you've been doing Wushu? :D

David Jamieson
03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Just joined again!

yep that's me looking for more peeps to train with in the GTA.

always up for this throwdown stuff too.

hope I get some replies.

MasterKiller
03-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Does this statement make sense in another language, and only incidentally resembles English words? That would seem most likely.I just find it highly ironic that a website dedicated to busting MA frauds is mostly populated by TKD practitioners.

BTW, that's the second time you've used that joke. Are you already out of material?

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 12:32 PM
I just find it highly ironic that a website dedicated to busting MA frauds is mostly populated by TKD practitioners.

Huh? Osiris does TKD. He's also a wrestler. And a good fighter. That's about the only prominant member who does. Some of us USED to do TKD before we escaped.

We know better now. Those of us who survived.

You shoulda picked something that made sense, like Kenpo or Taji or something if you were trying to make a point.

So, let's do the math:

Let's say 250 members practise TKD as their primary art. I 'd say that's high given that OS is about the only person who admits to it.

250/6000 is 0.042%

Okay, let's triple that number:

750/6000 = .13%

Still not seeing a majority here.

BTW, that's the second time you've used that joke. Are you already out of material?

No, I was asking you a question since your statement was suffciently non-sensical to make me doubt your sanity.

And one joke would appear to be more than you have, so I wouldn't throw stones.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 12:35 PM
That I agree with you whole heartily. The idiocy part that is. Too many people out there are blindly doing what they're told without thinking about it. But then when someone doesn't have a solid background, what are they to use as reference to question something?

Basic intelligence, rationality and the ability to think?

rogue
03-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I just find it highly ironic that a website dedicated to busting MA frauds is mostly populated by TKD practitioners.

Yup! :D :D

MasterKiller
03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Huh? Osiris does TKD. He's also a wrestler. And a good fighter. That's about the only prominant member who does. Some of us USED to do TKD before we escaped.

We know better now. Those of us who survived.

You shoulda picked something that made sense, like Kenpo or Taji or something if you were trying to make a point.

So, let's do the math:

Let's say 250 members practise TKD as their primary art. I 'd say that's high given that OS is about the only person who admits to it.

250/6000 is 0.042%

Okay, let's triple that number:

750/6000 = .13%

Still not seeing a majority here.

750, my @ss. I suppose you think you have 5,250 MT/BJJ/MMA posters.
I would venture a guess that at least 1/3 of the Bullshido population is either TKD or Krotty, and that's a conservative estimate.

Oh yeah, I forgot. You're all MMA (including you). :rolleyes:

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 12:55 PM
You made the claim. Prove it. Really.

Also, you are the only person on the planet who has EVER made this accusation. EVERYONE else calls us BJJ/MMA thugs. Get with the program.

MasterKiller
03-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Also, you are the only person on the planet who has EVER made this accusation. EVERYONE else calls us BJJ/MMA thugs. Get with the program.
That's the image you try to promote. And I'm sure some of the more prominent guys are legit, but check the average thread and you have one or two real MMA players who generate a lot of masturbation material for the rest of the Krotty-chopping community. I like the place and I post there occassionally, but The Underground, you ain't.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Actually, I did your work for you.

Using the "Primary Style" field in the User Profile:

Bullshido has (out of 8137 members)

156 members who list TKD
423 who list Tae Kwon Do or some varient

That's : 579 -- and MANY of those are duplicates.
(579/8137 = 7.1%)

As for Karate:

1 who lists "krotty"
286 for Karate
94 for Kenpo
88 for Kempo

Again, tones of duplicates to reach a total of: 469
(469/8137 = 5.8%)

Adding them together:

1048/8137 = 13% for Karate/TKD

Others:
515 for BJJ alone
191 for MMA
357 some form of "jitsu"
236 for Judo
98 for JKD

Total: 1397 (about 17%)

Last time I looked, 1397 was more than 1048 (which includes both TKD and Karate in some form). And yet neither is an overwhelming majority. Searches for the CMA's turn up results similar to the TKD/Karate ones.

This suggests ... Bullshido is what is claims to be. An open community where results matter more than style.

MasterKiller
03-01-2005, 01:18 PM
I know of one poster here who studies only JKD, but on Bullshido he claims MT/BJJ so he will be taken seriously. Multiply his example by about 3,500 and you'll get a fair assessment of the average Bullshidoka.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 01:27 PM
My method involves mathematics and concrete data, assembled in a logical and consistent manner.

Your method involves anonymous testimony from someone who probably dosen't exist and a certain level of tear-stained denial. I'm sorry, sweetie, to burst your little bubble. You go back to the Underground then, and talk about who's just the most awesomest Pride fighter EVER!

I've been FIGHTING the widely spread claim that Bullshido is a bunch of MMA thugs for years now, which you would have noted if you had the reading comprehension of a trained parakeet and it was interesting to have it confirmed in cold, hard numbers. I need to triage this data now, and spread it around.

You can take comfort that from your idiocy will spring good.

P.S. Oh, by the way? JKD is just a way of training in MMA. I should probably by BJJChick or something but JKDChick is what i started with and I thought it was better to be consistent.

P.P.S. I wonder what the numbers for Muay Thai, Wrestling, Pankration, Kickboxing and boxing are? Hmm ....

MasterKiller
03-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Why all the personal attacks? Did Daddy fist you too much when you were little?

Or maybe not enough?

Ray Pina
03-01-2005, 01:52 PM
Have to say, JKDChick writes well. She seems smart.

rogue
03-01-2005, 01:58 PM
P.P.S. I wonder what the numbers for Muay Thai, Wrestling, Pankration, Kickboxing and boxing are? Hmm .... You forgot BJJ, Sanda, Judo, Sport Jujutsu (not jitsu) and fencing. There are people here who do go out and fight and several with excellent reputations. Of course I'm not one of them. There's really not too bad a cross section of people here JChick. You should try to get to know some of them.

SAAMAG
03-01-2005, 02:22 PM
Basic intelligence, rationality and the ability to think?

In an ideal world yes...but not everyone has that capacity. That's why things are the way they are. I've met some people that are so common sense lacking that I actually thought they were asking me certain questions just to play with me...but they weren't. They were serious.

It's evident when you look at people's stories of being burned by those mcdojo's, true that eventually people learned, but it was usually not from them simply thinking about it, it was from a handful of whoop@ss that did it.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Andddddddd ....

I WIN.

Thanks for playing, here's a lovely parting gift:

You would have looked smarter if you had responded to what I posted with the the FACT that my METHOD was fine, the potential results are flawed due to the self-reporting aspect of the database.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 02:48 PM
You forgot BJJ, Sanda, Judo, Sport Jujutsu (not jitsu) and fencing. There are people here who do go out and fight and several with excellent reputations. Of course I'm not one of them. There's really not too bad a cross section of people here JChick. You should try to get to know some of them.

Oh, I know. I've never claimed otherwise. I was responding to the ridiculous assertion that a majority of the 8000+ members of Bullshido all fall into a few styles, MMA, BJJ, TKD or anything really.

rogue
03-01-2005, 02:56 PM
I hear ya. But cut out the **** talk about TKD OK. I do TKD and I've never lost a fight. Then all of the fights have been against WC people so they may not count. :D

Note to WC people: It's just a joke, so relax. :p

red5angel
03-01-2005, 02:57 PM
"Why all the personal attacks? Did Daddy fist you too much when you were little?"

Mk, if you take a jaunt over to Bullshido you'd see that JKDchick tends to be one of the "outspoken" not overly bright members of the board. She tends to spend alot of time mouting off, about other arts, about other practitioners, about anything she thinks anyone will listen too. That's why I'm not terribly surprised she made an appearance here ;) :cool:

red5angel
03-01-2005, 02:59 PM
"I hear ya. But cut out the **** talk about TKD OK. I do TKD and I've never lost a fight. Then all of the fights have been against WC people so they may not count. "

THAT'S IT!!!!! DEATH MATCH YOU FUKKER!!!!! You and I are fighting to the death and I mean it so get your ass to my achool so I can pummel you freely until your blood flows and the life ebbs from your stinking TKD body!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

AndyM
03-01-2005, 03:01 PM

P.S. Oh, by the way? JKD is just a way of training in MMA.
Don't you mean JKD takes an MMA approach to training hmmm?

Oh, I know. I've never claimed otherwise. I was responding to the ridiculous assertion that a majority of the 8000+ members of Bullshido all fall into a few styles, MMA, BJJ, TKD or anything really. I could classify the typical member more simply. :D

I do have some regard for maybe about ten members of BS

So you know!

Asia (believe it or not)
The Wastrel
Matsufubu
Phrost
Knight Errant
Matt Bernius
Schwarma
A few others too, who know when it is better to say nothing.

The rest can go flagellate themselves with thorn bushes.

As for you, you only imagine you employ higher rhetoric.
You unerringly miss the relative points put to you, and focus on what you expect to see. You set a good example for 8,000+ members who develop the same characteristics.

Now why not stick around as a member here, and perhaps explain why you feel JKD is Kung Fu.
You could start by explaining what Kung Fu is and see if you get out of the starting blocks.

Certainly, you are doing little to promote BS here. Or perhaps you are? ;)

wdl
03-01-2005, 03:02 PM
This thread is like watching Andy Griffith Show reruns over and over. :rolleyes:

Barney's put his bullet in his gun and Aunt Bee's gone off the deep end, all the while Andy's gone to Mt. Pilot with Helen and is no where to be found.

-Will

GeneChing
03-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Don't make us lock this thread. Keep it civil to the best of your abilities (or just take it on over to Bullshido ;) )

wdl
03-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Don't make us lock this thread. Keep it civil to the best of your abilities (or just take it on over to Bullshido ;) )

Andy's back from Mt. Pilot! haha j/k Gene. :D

-Will

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Don't you mean JKD takes an MMA approach to training hmmm?

No. JKD is a method of training martial arts that advocates being a mixed martial artist. It is not a style in and of itself.

As for you, you only imagine you employ higher rhetoric.
You unerringly miss the relative points put to you, and focus on what you expect to see.

Such as?

Now why not stick around as a member here, and perhaps explain why you feel JKD is Kung Fu.

It's not. Explained above.

Certainly, you are doing little to promote BS here.

That was nice of you.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 04:12 PM

I'm not answering concrete points with vulgar, baseless insults.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 04:19 PM
"Why all the personal attacks? Did Daddy fist you too much when you were little?"

Mk, if you take a jaunt over to Bullshido you'd see that JKDchick tends to be one of the "outspoken" not overly bright members of the board.

I doubt, given what you just posted, that you'v ever actually been to Bullshido. MasterKiller knows perfectly well who I am, he was laughed off of Bullshido months ago.

She tends to spend alot of time mouting off, about other arts, about other practitioners, about anything she thinks anyone will listen too. That's why I'm not terribly surprised she made an appearance here ;) :cool:

Really? Please post all the stuff I've ... well, I presume you meant "mouthing" ... mouthed off about. I wasn't aware I was doing anything like that at all ... and certain no one else has ever mentioned it. No non-troll, anyway.

Let's see, I started a thread recently about how great Aurturo Gatti is and I chimed in on explaining to one guy what the purpose of the "tap" is in the submission arts.

Could you please provide some kind of concrete evidence, with examples, of what you are claiming?

You know ... LIKE I JUST DID IN REGARDS TO THE MATHEMATICS OF BULLSHIDO MEMBERSHIP.

Come on, please. Make an effort.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Oh, and I can hear the whining ascending skyward as I type, so let's just get this out the way:

"I'm too important and busy to look for that!"

Do a search for all post by JKDChick. If I "mouth off" as much as you say, you should have more than enough material in the first few threads to make your point.

Here, I'll get you started:

http://bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21845&page=1&pp=40

First thread that pops up -- my post is on the first page.

Here's the second thread:

http://bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20687

Post #32.

Shall I go on?

red5angel
03-01-2005, 04:28 PM
I doubt, given what you just posted, that you'v ever actually been to Bullshido.

good one, what are you thirteen? Of course I've been to bullshido, even bothered to post once or twice. nice try though, atleast your consistant.

Really? Please post all the stuff I've ... well, I presume you meant "mouthing" ... mouthed off about.

easy enough for anyone who is interested to step over to bullshido and do a search on your name, they'll find plenty fo crap.

You know ... LIKE I JUST DID IN REGARDS TO THE MATHEMATICS OF BULLSHIDO MEMBERSHIP.

LOL! Quantity over quality I guess!

anyway, keep on keeping on there JKDchick, your as blockheaded as any of the lead blockheads over at BS. There are a few good posters over there, but like any forum, you have to wade through the crap. I'll just keep wading through your posts ;)

red5angel
03-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Shall I go on?

yep, two posts with your post count does not an accurate picture make.

AndyM
03-01-2005, 05:04 PM
No. JKD is a method of training martial arts that advocates being a mixed martial artist. It is not a style in and of itself.

Really? I thought it was a concept?
Do you understand what I mean by an MMA approach to training?

Such as? Well those would be the ones relative to the thread topic. You focus on what you perceive to be insults, and miss pretty much everything relevant to the topic of the thread.

That was nice of you. New word for you sweetie. Ambiguity.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 05:06 PM
easy enough for anyone who is interested to step over to bullshido and do a search on your name, they'll find plenty fo crap.

Yes, I know. I did a search for posts THAT I HAD MADE, NOT JUST ONES WITH MY NAME IN THEM. This is a fairly crucial point, since I get sworn at by trolls on occasion.

*Note* Anyone with working braincells would now search out posts where I was responding to trolls and post them out of context*Note*

The ones I posted are just the first two on the list. They are certainly not representational, since one of them was funnier than I normally manage to produce.

According to your words:

She tends to spend alot of time mouting off,

So, it should indeed be INCREDIABLY EASY to find precise supporting data for your hypothesis. I even got you started.

What is "alot of time"? 50% of the time? 25%? 75%? Set an arbitrary amount, anyone, for the sake of argument. My post count is fairly high yes, but still very, very low for a member of my long-time stature ... because I actually don't post very much. Still, even the lowest above percentage will produce one "mouthing off" post out of every 4. Surely you could find 4 or 8 posts? I've put you half way there.

Anyway, this is your working theory not mine. You say I post "alot" of crap, essentially. In your own words, it's easy to search for ... why won't you search for it then?

Why EXACTLY do you not back up your point with facts? AS I HAVE ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS ON THIS THREAD ALONE.

I'll just keep wading through your posts ;)
Good, you might learn something about: credibility, accountablity, rational thought, logic, rhetoric and not being a complete solipistic moron.

JKDChick
03-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Well those would be the ones relative to the thread topic. You focus on what you perceive to be insults, and miss pretty much everything relevant to the topic of the thread.

Such as? Concrete examples, please. From this thread would do.

New word for you sweetie. Ambiguity.

Ambiguity is for the weak. This is not ambiguous , is it, Andy?:

I WAS MOCKING YOU.

AndyM
03-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Let's start with this then.
You said;

I asked;
Originally Posted by AndyM

You replied;

It's not.

So perhaps you could explain this without ambiguity?
Keep the words small, that might help. ;)

phoenix-eye
03-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Tick.Talk.Tick.Talk.Tick.Talk.......

and yet more valuable time passes us all by....

Take heed

http://www.yodajeff.com/multimedia/sounds/episode1/leads_to.wav

Paul

GeneChing
03-01-2005, 05:44 PM
"Do I have to separate you?" Of course, I can't. This is a forum. Now I enjoy a good debate as much as the next person, but this has descended into a rather pointless flame war. Can y'all agree to disagree or are you going to keep poking at each other?

At this point, do you think anyone will be won over to the other side? If not, why waste yourself?

Unless it's just all good trolling fun. ;)

AndyM
03-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Can y'all agree to disagree or are you going to keep poking at each other?

I'm unmarked.
No Barge Pole has touched me. :D

AmanuJRY
03-01-2005, 06:12 PM
"Do I have to separate you?" Of course, I can't. This is a forum. Now I enjoy a good debate as much as the next person, but this has descended into a rather pointless flame war. Can y'all agree to disagree or are you going to keep poking at each other?

At this point, do you think anyone will be won over to the other side? If not, why waste yourself?

Unless it's just all good trolling fun. ;)

This thread is useless, delete it. =)

Really, it's like a giant ad for Bullshido on your board.

AndyM
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM

At one point, I would have agreed with you.

If anything though, it's a sign of how well KFO has weathered stuff like Ralek etc.

A lot of people have stuck by the forum and gotten value from it. Gotten used to moronic troublemakers etc. I know I have.

Why give in by giving a reaction at board level?

MoreMisfortune
03-01-2005, 07:18 PM
im working on the song

songs are hard to do

here is a part, its really good

"yeah
she nasty
ooooh baby, do the dance
myyyy lady, she romance
yay, in my pants"

MoreMisfortune
03-01-2005, 07:20 PM
hey look here its me praticing the singing the tune

AmanuJRY
03-01-2005, 07:57 PM
At one point, I would have agreed with you.

If anything though, it's a sign of how well KFO has weathered stuff like Ralek etc.

A lot of people have stuck by the forum and gotten value from it. Gotten used to moronic troublemakers etc. I know I have.

Why give in by giving a reaction at board level?

I have too, hence the sense of humor with it (notice the smilie).

TheGhostDog
03-01-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm a member at Bullshido under a different name. I've been on the internet in discussion forums since around 1990 (in the old .usenet forums) and I've found Bullshido to be one of the best forums. It's got a great cross-section of martial artists who are searching for the truth in a no-nonsense, "prove it" type approach. If somebody makes an absurd claim and is called on it, then they should be able to back up their claim with actions, not just words.

Can anyone tell me what is so wrong with this?

AndyM
03-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Can anyone tell me what is so wrong with this?Nothing WRONG with it, so long as it is ON BS.
It's when BS expresses itself on OTHER boards, and interfere's with THEIR 'Status Quo' that it sometimes becomes a problem.

It's got a great cross-section of martial artists who are searching for the truth The Truth though. That Holy Grail that is perceived to exist somewhere eh?
Ever see 'The Silent Flute'?

If Bullshido is D4 C0rr3ct in it's mission, then it should surely have little or no concern for the lesser opinions of mere mortals on humbler boards?

AmanuJRY
03-01-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm a member at Bullshido under a different name. I've been on the internet in discussion forums since around 1990 (in the old .usenet forums) and I've found Bullshido to be one of the best forums. It's got a great cross-section of martial artists who are searching for the truth in a no-nonsense, "prove it" type approach. If somebody makes an absurd claim and is called on it, then they should be able to back up their claim with actions, not just words.

Can anyone tell me what is so wrong with this?

Not a thing.

The problem is, with Bullshido, as any other forum, is portrayed by those who post the most and their opinions are viewed as what that board is about.
Now, the 'idea' of being about exposing the BS in MA is great, but when it results in overgeneralization and such it actually adds to the BS in MA.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bullshido, it's not their fault, but some of the 'patrons' are jacka55es.

David Jamieson
03-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Um, I been skipping through it and it's pretty much like any other martial arts chit chat type alot kind of place...like this one.

It's got a few people who seem to know what they are talking about, dozens of lurkers, piles of punks, indignant folks, fortune cookie types etc etc.

Not much different from pretty much any board really.

And if post count means anything well crown me King! I have a gabajillion posts here and I been here since it was that funky ringbinder layout look!

Also at CK since it was ALMA 10 or more years ago... I mean, the internet has only really been around for most people for 10 years. Usenet was there before, heck I still check in on rec.martialarts now and then. same old same old. usenet seems to be mostly hitler apologists and people up in arms about the hitler apologists though. Its like 3000 boards worth of Makow or rense out there. freaky!

anyway, it's all the same old same old, nobody is doing anything new, and that seems to suit most people just fine. I dig this place mostly because of the whole game of death colour scheme. It is way better looking than Steve's original ring binder look. which was kinda goofy, even back in 95 :D

AndyM
03-01-2005, 08:48 PM
anyway, it's all the same old same old, nobody is doing anything new

Nail on the head moment there;

A major theme that comes across, is that BS IS doing something new.

I held out high hopes for it initially, but it's just air talk, by air heads.

Maybe KFO should start a Kungshouldave section, where we can all explain our past failings on Karate traing? :D

Mutant
03-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Actually, I did your work for you.

Using the "Primary Style" field in the User Profile:

Bullshido has (out of 8137 members)

156 members who list TKD
423 who list Tae Kwon Do or some varient

That's : 579 -- and MANY of those are duplicates.
(579/8137 = .071%)

As for Karate:

1 who lists "krotty"
286 for Karate
94 for Kenpo
88 for Kempo

Again, tones of duplicates to reach a total of: 469
(469/8137 = .058%)

Adding them together:

1048/8137 = .13% for Karate/TKD

Others:
515 for BJJ alone
191 for MMA
357 some form of "jitsu"
236 for Judo
98 for JKD

Total: 1397

Last time I looked, 1397 was more than 1048 (which includes both TKD and Karate in some form). And yet neither is an overwhelming majority. Searches for the CMA's turn up results similar to the TKD/Karate ones.

This suggests ... Bullshido is what is claims to be. An open community where results matter more than style.

I sure hope your JKD skills are better than your math skills... :rolleyes:
"(579/8137 = .071%)" ?!?!? that’s nonsense.

Here let me help you out. According to your numbers:
7.12% of total BS members do some form of tae kwon do
5.76% practice krotty
6.33% practice BJJ
2.35% practice MMA

We can either assume that the people who actually listed their art in the primary style category is an accurate representative sampling, or that most BS members don't have any primary style. What were the percentages for MT and various forms of kickboxing, I didn’t see where you listed that? Or maybe most MMA people don't consider themselves to have a primary style or fill out the forms?

Anyway, if it is a fairly accurate sampling, then there IS a higher percentage of TKD members than BJJ members, and way more krotty and TKD members there than MMA. Again, this is just based on the numbers you provided to back your argument. I'm sure there are a lot of different styles represented on that forum that aren’t listed.

The styles you lumped together as 'other' came to 1397.
This is 17.17% of 8137.
TKD & karate members combined give us 12.88% of the total.
So all other arts listed combined, account for only 4.29% more members than TKD + karate members?
That is a high percentage of what are often considered McDojo arts. Which makes sense, really, because they make up the highest percentage of martial arts schools out there, and therefore make up the highest percentage of registered members at BS and most other MA boards.

Sorry to interject... I'll let you get back to arguing how smart you are and how Bullshido is all about sound scientific analysis, "mathematics and concrete data, assembled in a logical and consistent manner."
BTW, welcome to KFO ;)

rubthebuddha
03-01-2005, 11:17 PM
honestly, aside from mutant clarifying a math presentation error (.71 or 71%, not .71%, et al), who really gives a flying squirrel **** what the masses of bullshido study? to use a bit of wisdom already mentioned in this thread but seemingly lost, what one studies doesn't matter, only how one studies it. same thing goes for the masses. and anyone who's been around kfm knows that most forums have about 20 regulars, 100 formers and a few thousand accounts that belong to xebby.

this honestly has to be one of the biggest wastes of forum space i've had to read as a mod. either do something useful with this thread, or i'm going to close it.

AndyM
03-01-2005, 11:36 PM
this honestly has to be one of the biggest wastes of forum space i've had to read as a mod. either do something useful with this thread, or i'm going to close it.

LOL.RTB, You've been one of the most significant polluters of bandwidth ever joined this forum.

Cool thy hatchet in yon shiny brook, lest your Halo doth burst asunder. :D

Bandwidth is not an issue here, so let's have it from Admin, not mods flexing new muscle groups thanks. ;)

Akhilleus
03-01-2005, 11:47 PM
I sure hope your JKD skills are better than your math skills...

Sorry to interject... I'll let you get back to arguing how smart you are and how Bullshido is all about sound scientific analysis, "mathematics and concrete data, assembled in a logical and consistent manner."

I don't think I've seen ownage like that since Sun Tzu choked me out 2x tonight...

Asia
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM

I may be mistaken but are you implying that its a BAD thing? :D

KL,

You know we have traveled many of the same digital circuits. And we haven't crossed hands yet. This needs to be rectified. :cool: After May I should be able to make Canadian CK meetings.

rubthebuddha
03-02-2005, 12:23 AM
andy -- good to know my contributions are appreciated. i'll send you a fan club registration packet tomorrow.

now, if gene had more free time, he would moderate. and if sevenstar and i had more free time, we'd moderate more often. and if renegade monk actually existed, he'd moderate more often, too. but gene has little free time, renegade doesn't exist, and sev and i were busy. so on this circumstance, gene just happened to beat sevenstar and i to the punch. he's already warned everyone, so if anyone misbehaves again, this thread will be closed.

MasterKiller
03-02-2005, 07:32 AM
I doubt, given what you just posted, that you'v ever actually been to Bullshido. MasterKiller knows perfectly well who I am, he was laughed off of Bullshido months ago.

I was laughed off Bullshido? That's news to me.

Please point me to that particular thread. I have barely 100 posts over there, and I mostly post on the Shaolin related topics.

Prove it.

Could you please provide some kind of concrete evidence, with examples, of what you are claiming?

Come on, please. Make an effort.
Can Red5 post completey erroneous information like you did, or do his numbers actually have to add up?

David Jamieson
03-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Asia-

Cool! I put a shout out at BS the other day. ONly got one sane response so far. :(
From an Aikidoka no less. lol, anyway, we'll see where that goes.

Next CK meet in Canada will likely be in one of three places.
Toronto, Montreal or London.

Steve's Gwoon is in London, Mau and Teo are in Montreal with their crew and Me and Chris are here in Markham.

So far, every meet I've been to has been terrific. I don't think this place has had any official meets yet, but members apparently show up at other events as is shown by Adam's pics with G~ at the Shaolin tourneys and so on.

I am looking forward to a TO BS throwdown, might even be willing to suss out some space for one myself if there is enough interest. Or even a cross forum hook up kind of thing. You know, just so we can get doers together and let the typers type.

anyway, I would very much like a taste of your baji goodness!

cheers

red5angel
03-02-2005, 08:49 AM
So, it should indeed be INCREDIABLY EASY to find precise supporting data for your hypothesis. I even got you started.

I can't remember the specific thread JKDchick but I can tell you this - I bothered to read through most of a thread where you spent a good portion of your time hamming it up for your fellow posters, bad mouting certain parties for whatever personal reasons you have. It was a real put off, and YOU were specifically one of the few on that thread that has given me my overall impression of that board.

Ghostdog - no one is saying bullshido is useless, atleast most of us aren't. As I said before, just like THIS forum, you have to wade through the crap to get to the pearls of wisdom. however, Bullshidos claim to fame - cutting through the martial arts bullsh!t, has attracted a certain type of character the predominates on that board, a loudmouthed, no it all, cuts everything they don't understand while showing off for their internet freinds type. That's all. there are indeed some real quality posters over there.

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 09:34 AM
I can't remember the specific thread JKDchick but I can tell you this - I bothered to read through most of a thread where you spent a good portion of your time hamming it up for your fellow posters, bad mouting certain parties for whatever personal reasons you have. It was a real put off, and YOU were specifically one of the few on that thread that has given me my overall impression of that board.

Okay, so you have a vague memory of me "hamming it up" on A SINGLE THREAD and bad-mouthing .... someone. Who was I bad mouthing? Do you have a name, a style, anything? I bet I -- like you -- could find this alleged thread in about 15 seconds with that info.

OR POSSIBLY YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY PROVIDE CONCRETE INFORMATION IN ANY MANNER BECAUSE IT WOULD, YOU KNOW, PROVE THE OBVIOUS FACT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

If anyone was to take say a random sample of three posters* of this thread, one would come to the conclusion that everyone on THIS forum was a vile, vulgar, solipistic, pathetic moron.

*as long as it included you, of course.

rogue
03-02-2005, 09:36 AM
If anyone was to take say a random sample of three posters* of this thread, one would come to the conclusion that everyone on THIS forum was a vile, vulgar, solipistic, pathetic moron.
How so? I don't see that at all.

Mr Punch
03-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Thank you to Mutant Warrior for preserving what's left of my sanity. I read this whole pox-ridden thread hoping for some sense, and was kind of losing it when JKD Chick got onto maths.

Anyway, I've lurked on Bullshido for a long time and it's ok, but at risk of sounding like a typical nostalgic TMAist, it used to be better! :rolleyes:

Now it's populated by a bunch of dumbs ****s who have taken over from the older quieter more logical breed of dumb ****s with their own particular brand of dogma, straight from somebody else's slogan book...

I even like some of what JKD Chick says, but it kind of sums up the way the board (BS) has become when she starts blithering on about figures with the decimal place once removed and calling it science, and after stating some garbage about having the weapons of irony, rhetoric etc on her side then coming out with blanket BS statements like "Ambiguity is weakness", which frankly looks like it comes out of a Christmas cracker made by the Branch Davidian Cult or something... Big fat :rolleyes:

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 09:40 AM
I sure hope your JKD skills are better than your math skills... :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was pretty ******* of me. I was using the wrong setting on the stupid accounting calender and not thinking as I typed. Mea Culpa.

Should I go back and fix it? That would strike me as disengenuous, and would rob certain people of a little thrill over the idea that a formatting somehow invalidates the DATA.

Still, the actual amount is the same, whether I screwed up the multiplication or not.

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 09:41 AM
...on her side then coming out with blanket BS statements like "Ambiguity is weakness", which frankly looks like it comes out of a Christmas cracker made by the Branch Davidian Cult or something... Big fat :rolleyes:

Gosh, sorry I didn't use the cutesy little smilies like the rest of the children.

That was a JOKE, nitwit.

red5angel
03-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Okay, so you have a vague memory of me "hamming it up" on A SINGLE THREAD and bad-mouthing .... someone. Who was I bad mouthing? Do you have a name, a style, anything? I bet I -- like you -- could find this alleged thread in about 15 seconds with that info.

OR POSSIBLY YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY PROVIDE CONCRETE INFORMATION IN ANY MANNER BECAUSE IT WOULD, YOU KNOW, PROVE THE OBVIOUS FACT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

*as long as it included you, of course.

blah blah blah. You're argument style even shows your bullshido background. You keep demanding some sort of factual proof. I've given anyone who's interested the path to find them forthemselves....in fact you gave them the same path I did.
As for single thread....no, just the on in particular I can think of that helped to define my overall view of that board, pay attention.
Hamming it up? Yep, you spend quite a bit of time doing that, as well as a large precentage of the posters on taht board. It's more like a some sort of competition to entertain each other sometimes then the search for truth in anything.
I can't frankly recall any of the details, only those that I gave. I'm not going to work anymore at it because it's not that important to me. You seem to be missing one small fact in your weak argument on providing facts, concrete or not. Anyone who cares, and is observing this thread, can choose at anytime to go ver to the bullshido and cofirm these things for themselves. It's that easy.
This forum certainly has it's moments, I won't argue there. That's the funny thing about the difference between you and I. I know what the weaknesses of this forum are, and I choose those over the weaknesses of bullshido for my main internet martial arts needs. At least in my own opinion the crap on this forum is varied to a larger degree then the parroting that goes on by the likes of you over at bullshido. What you should do little girl, is pay attention to those few posters who speak up when they feel it's necessary, and provide intelligent and quality input instead of descending into silly debates like these, blowing steam at people and schools you have no real knowledge of, and general acting like some sort of trained monkey.

Rogue - She was talking about you when she said "vile, vulgar, solipistic, pathetic moron"

How's it feel now pretty boy!!!!!!!! DEATH MAAAAAAATCH AAAAIIYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Mr Punch
03-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Gosh, sorry I didn't use the cutesy little smilies like the rest of the children.

That was a JOKE, nitwit.****, really? It's time I went to bed!

Mr Punch
03-02-2005, 09:54 AM
That would strike me as disengenuous, and would rob certain people of a little thrill over the idea that a formatting somehow invalidates the DATA.

Still, the actual amount is the same, whether I screwed up the multiplication or not.There is a somewhat noticeable difference between 0.71% and 7.1% though isn't there (which IS the DATA as you presented it!)? So maybe not invalidates but certainly changes the arguments, no?

So why the **** does this matter? It doesn't except that it's someone styling themselves as a rep for a site boasting about validity and reliability in what is essentially an unscientific subject...

Anyway, I'm getting the **** away from this thread before it stunts my intellect... which is one reason why I've never actually posted on Bullshido... not to diss all of the wonderful posters over there, but certainly to diss the large proportion of ****wits.

red5angel
03-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Mat makes a good point, JKDchick - shouldn't you be over at BS pestering those guys instead of pestering us?

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:03 AM
blah blah blah. You're argument style even shows your bullshido background. You keep demanding some sort of factual proof.

It's traditional, when making an argument about something that has concrete facts attached to it, to attempt to provide those facts. Otherwise, you are in fact "just shooting your mouth off".

Hamming it up? Yep, you spend quite a bit of time doing that, as well as a large precentage of the posters on taht board.

The thought police have spoken. EVERYTHING MUST ALWAYS BE SERIOUS.

I can't frankly recall any of the details, only those that I gave. I'm not going to work anymore at it because it's not that important to me.

That's the perfect, classic out of course. You've spent several pages proving that it IS important to you. At least I am not dishonest enough to argue with someone and then claim I didn't care in the first place. Caring isn't the problem; not being able to make a correct argument is.

You seem to be missing one small fact in your weak argument on providing facts, concrete or not. Anyone who cares, and is observing this thread, can choose at anytime to go ver to the bullshido and cofirm these things for themselves. It's that easy.

Then why don't YOU, SINCE YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT IS BASED ON IT.

This forum certainly has it's moments, I won't argue there. That's the funny thing about the difference between you and I. I know what the weaknesses of this forum are, and I choose those over the weaknesses of bullshido for my main internet martial arts needs.

Cool. I'm sure this is a very nice place. Don't spend enough time here to tell. BUt someone chose to start a thread trashing Bullshido which piqued my interest. A corresponding thread was started on Bullshido AFTER THAT. No one randomly looked around here for five minutes and decided to run around saying everything about the place is crap.

That kind of behaviour is disgusting and cowardly.

At least in my own opinion the crap on this forum is varied to a larger degree then the parroting that goes on by the likes of you over at bullshido.

You have like 17 forums dedicated to ONE topic. Lotta variations there.

...blowing steam at people and schools you have no real knowledge of, and general acting like some sort of trained monkey.

When, exactly (again) have I blown steam about things I have no knowledge of? I'm very careful, in fact, not to comment on people or schools I have no first-hand knowledge of.

I'm really starting to think you've never read anything I've ever posted and have me mixed up with a different woman or something.

Rogue - She was talking about you when she said "vile, vulgar, solipistic, pathetic moron"

How's it feel now pretty boy!!!!!!!! DEATH MAAAAAAATCH AAAAIIYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Gosh, you made ... well, I guess it's an attempt at a joke ... don't you have to go kill yourself now?

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:06 AM
There is a somewhat noticeable difference between 0.71% and 7.1% though isn't there (which IS the DATA as you presented it!)? So maybe not invalidates but certainly changes the arguments, no?

The numbers presented remain accurate. My multiplication was incorrect. The base, raw data is unchanged by this fact. The correct numbers are obvious, and would have been to me if I'd been PAYING attention rather than laughing gleefully about the fact that I found out I could even FIND that data on the site. I fear the stars in my eyes about the possibilites blinded me to my mistake.

Again, mea culpa.

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:08 AM
So why the **** does this matter? It doesn't except that it's someone styling themselves as a rep for a site boasting about validity and reliability in what is essentially an unscientific subject....

It is somewhat important, now, to point out that this discussion has been turned into an attack on me, and not Bullshido. Not that I mind, just a point to be made.

If people would like to actually discuss the flaws of the BOARD I would be happy to debate with them.

AndyM
03-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Cool. I'm sure this is a very nice place. Don't spend enough time here to tell. BUt someone chose to start a thread trashing Bullshido which piqued my interest. A corresponding thread was started on Bullshido AFTER THAT. No one randomly looked around here for five minutes and decided to run around saying everything about the place is crap.

That kind of behaviour is disgusting and cowardly.

The sweet irony of that must be immortalized :D

Still waiting for your explanation on how JKD is Kung Fu but it isn't sweetie.

Yeahbutnobutyeahbutnobutyeahbut

MasterKiller
03-02-2005, 10:13 AM
It's traditional, when making an argument about something that has concrete facts attached to it, to attempt to provide those facts. Otherwise, you are in fact "just shooting your mouth off".

So when was I laughed off Bullshido again?

red5angel
03-02-2005, 10:14 AM
Otherwise, you are in fact "just shooting your mouth off".

That's right, you should keep that in mind ;)

The thought police have spoken. EVERYTHING MUST ALWAYS BE SERIOUS.

No, but since you're having a hard time following along, I'll give you some help, having a laugh at someone elses expense was funny in grade school, but it was still wrong.

That's the perfect, classic out of course.

again, you inference is incorrect, I have a slow job and spend quite a bit of my time, wasting it posting when I could be doing something else. In this case I just like to see your zealot anger, and parroting so that we can underline exactly what we're saying about you, and some of your fellow BS posters. Thank you.

Then why don't YOU, SINCE YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT IS BASED ON IT.

I'm not sure how else to exlpain this to you my dear. It seems you're so used to just having this stuffed crammed down your throat and explained to you, then spewing it back out without any real thought. the simple fact is I really don't care too. My guess is, most people reading this don't either, they've most likely been to bullshidoe, peruse it from time to time, and then return here.

No one randomly looked around here for five minutes and decided to run around saying everything about the place is crap.

While I can't speak for the original poster of this thread, I can say that several of us either have been or still are regulars at bullshido, if mostly to lurk and see what's up.

You have like 17 forums dedicated to ONE topic. Lotta variations there.

that's part of the problem with having posted at buillshido for so long, it's all the same to you.

anyway, you've spent all this time arguing about numbers that don't mean anything, unless your a proponent of wuality over quantity. I suggest you take alook at what Mat and a few of the others are trying to tell you and mull it over, see where it takes you.

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:15 AM
The sweet irony of that must be immortalized :D

What irony? It's called "the truth" and "a fact". I never spent five minutes at this forum and ran over to Bullshido screaming and crying about how awful it is.

Still waiting for your explanation on how JKD is Kung Fu but it isn't sweetie.

Why would I be required to "explain" something I never said and don't believe? Perhaps the little men who live your teeth said this to you, Andy?

red5angel
03-02-2005, 10:19 AM
It's called "the truth" and "a fact".

since those two words are the most popular in your vocabulary, why don't you define them for us so we know what you mean.

Akhilleus
03-02-2005, 10:20 AM
How did it come to this? We are arguing on a message board, about other message boards....FREAKING MESSAGE BOARDS...is this what is important to us in life? While we were busy arguing what message boards are good, others are out there working at soup kitchens or risking their lives to keep us safe...so that we can ARGUE ABOUT ****ING MESSAGE BOARDS...about what someone types in that makes certain symbols appear on your computer screen which in your particular language mean something...thank you so much for showing me how pathetic the internet forum lifestyle is...as such I am going to try to give it up at least for a while...

ps I know some of you are at work so that's a little more understandable...still why are we arguing about something so stupid?

pps I am giving it up, but I might make like one or two more posts cause I'm trying to go to coach Ross' training camp

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:22 AM
So when was I laughed off Bullshido again?

Did you use the same user name (as I must admit I assume you did)?

If you did, I checked your rep level, and you're quite right. If you are the CURRENT MasterKiller, you're a normal, respectable member.

There was a neg-repped troll with almost the same name about 6 months ago who ran off, but I just looked him up again and the spelling is different. So I'm assuming that wasn't you.

Therefore, in this one thing, you are correct. You have not been laughed off of Bullshido. My mistake.

Dosen't change the fact that when presented with actual DATA, you responded with a vulgar personal insult BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T DEAL WITH IT.

And YOU DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE I HAD MADE THE MULTIPLICATION ERROR, DID YOU?

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
since those two words are the most popular in your vocabulary, why don't you define them for us so we know what you mean.

Uh ... well, this response really explains your thought process.

Oops, I forgot, you don't care right?

red5angel
03-02-2005, 10:28 AM
nice try JKDchick but that's what I thought.......

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:35 AM
nice try JKDchick but that's what I thought.......

Well, it's kind of ahard question isn't it? Philosophical, almost.

It strikes me that you pose such a question to derail debate:

What is truth and beauty? What is existence? I think therefore I am.

Tell you what, since it's YOUR point, why don't you make it?

What do they mean to YOU, then I can respond -- later, I'm going work -- with an agree/disagree kind thing.

I just assumed you were smart enough to understand, you know, words.

AndyM
03-02-2005, 10:35 AM
What irony? It's called "the truth" and "a fact". I never spent five minutes at this forum and ran over to Bullshido screaming and crying about how awful it is. A long time ago on a forum far, far away........have a look back seeing as you supposedly know Bullshido archives so well, and you'll find several threads slagging off other forums. That's certainly what led me to register there.

Why would I be required to "explain" something I never said and don't believe? Perhaps the little men who live your teeth said this to you, Andy?
Yet you did say it sweetie, do I need to quote you again?

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Since you apparently don't have access to a dictionary:

Truth: Conformity to fact or actuality.

Fact: Knowledge or information based on real occurrences

What I stated to Andy as a fact, that I did not spend five minutes on this board, then begin a whole thread on Bullshido about how awful it is here, is therefore -- a FACT and TRUE.

Okay, honey? Or are the big, mean words a problem for you?

Mr Punch
03-02-2005, 10:40 AM
How did it come to this? Give me a break, you're gonna be asking why men have nipples or something next!
pps I am giving it up, but I might make like one or two more posts cause I'm trying to go to coach Ross' training campDon't go Akhilleus... if the people like you go we'll be left to Red5!

And yeah, JKD Ch, this argument shouldn't get personal. Bullshido is 95% ****heads... so that's about like life then.

Of course, I'm in the 5%, just like my wing chun is!

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:40 AM
A long time ago on a forum far, far away........have a look back seeing as you supposedly know Bullshido archives so well, and you'll find several threads slagging off other forums. That's certainly what led me to register there.

Yes. I've participated in a couple of "invasions", too.

How does that change the veracity of my statment that I did not come to this forum, spend five minutes looking around and run ro Bullshido crying about how awful it is?

Whether or not anything has ever been critisized on Bullshido in the past is actually not relevant. Which you would realise if you were not, you know, really really stupid.

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 10:41 AM
And yeah, JKD Ch, this argument shouldn't get personal. Bullshido is 95% ****heads... so that's about like life then.

And by your own logic, therefore like HERE then as well.

AndyM
03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Yes. I've participated in a couple of "invasions", too.

How does that change the veracity of my statment that I did not come to this forum, spend five minutes looking around and run ro Bullshido crying about how awful it is?

Whether or not anything has ever been critisized on Bullshido in the past is actually not relevant. Which you would realise if you were not, you know, really really stupid.

You seem to have a problem dividing issues.

You claim higher rhetoric, yet everyone on this thread has provided you with data on errors you made, which you refuse to acknowledge.

Focussing on this for a moment;
Whether or not anything has ever been critisized on Bullshido in the past is actually not relevant.It actually is, as it points out how hypocritical you are being, in guise of Bullshido rep in coming here and criticising others for doing what has been done so many times in the past by Bullshido members.
If I was stupid, I'd reccomend you get some of the more intelligible Bullshido members to fight this cause for you, as you simply do not have the tools sweetie.
I'm not stupid though, so please continue to make a fool of yourself. :D

Now. How is JKD kung Fu, but isn't, but you never said it anyway?

Akhilleus
03-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Don't go Akhilleus

Thanks Mat...but when I said I'd be gone "for a while" I meant for like 5 minutes...so I'm back now...no seriously, I will just try not to spend as much time on this forum...the weather is getting nicer here and this whole thread has turned me off from forums big time...I just can't believe what people will argue about...I thought they were for fun...years ago nobody took anything that was said on the 'net too seriously, unless it was like a threat or something serious...now people brag about how many posts they have...I'll tell you where we are headed...years from now mothers will tell their children, "Mickey, get out of that fresh air and get in here and get your post count up!" or "You can't do your homework until you have made 100 posts today"...

ps a lot of the schools that we may think of as mcdojos or may even seem like mcdojos at first if we visit them, are actually helping kids do better in school, build self esteem, learn valuable self defense tactics, and even some good techniques as well...

red5angel
03-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Well, it's kind of ahard question isn't it? Philosophical, almost.

It strikes me that you pose such a question to derail debate:

What is truth and beauty? What is existence? I think therefore I am.

Tell you what, since it's YOUR point, why don't you make it?

What do they mean to YOU, then I can respond -- later, I'm going work -- with an agree/disagree kind thing.

I just assumed you were smart enough to understand, you know, words.

I'm not interested in deraililng anything.

ok

It's not MY POINT, it's yours,. You've used "factual", "fact" and "truth" several times throughout your discussion. I'm trying to get to a common frame of reference where it comes to what these words mean. Why you might ask? I'll give you an example:

You postulated that because there were more posters on the Bullshido board, it must be a better board and attract more people because of it. I present the argue of quantity vs. quality and offer that it may be bullshido attracts a certain type of individual, who exists in larger numbers then the type of individual that is attracted to KFM (whatever those are) and that your "fact" or "truth" is fallic logic. that's like trying to determine who the better quality lemming is, the one who jumps with the majority or the one who chooses not too.

I'm not into answering questions with questions. You've been using this evasive tactic the entire discussion with quite a few questions asked of you. You answered Masterkillers question because you HAD too, it's too easy to disprove you are correct in your statement, and you probably figured that out right away. The questions that require some actual, thought, you tend to disregard, for instance AndyM's question about JKD and kungfu, and my question about what truth and fact are.

I'm disappointed you had to reference the dictionary. I'd assumed you surmised I wasn't interested in the dictionary definition since I could very easily go to www.merriam-websters.com to get the definition if I wanted it.

Mat - you love me, you really love me! :D

is that last a fact too JKDChick? ;)

And by your own logic, therefore like HERE then as well.

Actually, I believe this question was answered on more then one occasion on this thread already. Forgive me if I am incorrect.

rogue
03-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Which you would realise if you were not, you know, really really stupid.
**** dude. I think JKDC knows you, I mean really knows you! :eek:

AndyM
03-02-2005, 01:07 PM
**** dude. I think JKDC knows you, I mean really knows you! :eek: LOL. :D
Thing is, she keeps calling me, like ALL the time, but I feel like retching when I hear those whiskers scratching the phone. :D

Grond
03-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Shut up, all of you. You sound like complete morons.

red5angel
03-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Shut up, all of you. You sound like complete morons.

uh ok, Mr. 14 posts....I guess you're not looking to make freinds or be taken seriously?

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 04:55 PM
You seem to have a problem dividing issues.

You claim higher rhetoric, yet everyone on this thread has provided you with data on errors you made, which you refuse to acknowledge.

Such as?

I made a decimal point error in my percentages post -- since corrected and openly acknowldged as purty stupid by me.

I mistook MasterKiller for a DIFFERENT MasterKiller (or varient there of) on Bullshido, corrected my mistake and apologised for it.

Currently, I am the only person on this thread who has provided concrete, provable, testable, repeatable evidence for anything I've asserted.

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 05:10 PM
You postulated that because there were more posters on the Bullshido board, it must be a better board and attract more people because of it.

No actually. I provided mathematical proof that the assertion made by MasterKiller that "Everyone on Bullshido does TKD" wasn't true.

I made no value judgments about this forum, other than to say I was sure it was a pretty cool place but had perhaps too narrow a focus.

I did state something along the lines of "Bullshido has a wide range of styles represetned". When I think rogue said that this forum did to, I agreed that was true.

I'm sorry, sweetie, did I hurt diddums feelings some how? Do we need a cookie?

Provide evidence, from my past posts, of what you are claiming or admit you are wrong, as I have TWICE on this thread.

I'm not into answering questions with questions.

I'm asking you to provide evidence for your claims about me. You've said yourself it would be easy to do that ... and yet you do not.

You've been using this evasive tactic the entire discussion with quite a few questions asked of you.

What questions haven't I answered? I must have missed them -- if anyone who cares would like to repost them or direct me to the relevant post, I will correct that.

You answered Masterkillers question because you HAD too, it's too easy to disprove you are correct in your statement, and you probably figured that out right away.

You right that I had to answer, since it was a legitimate question that I could answer with facts I had access to, and I do try to hold myself to the same standard I ask of others in a discussion.

I proved myself wrong, due to a very quick name search I did yesterday that I didn't pay enough attention to.

I INSTANTLY ADMITTED TO AND CORRECTED MY MISTAKE.

The questions that require some actual, thought, you tend to disregard, for instance AndyM's question about JKD and kungfu, and my question about what truth and fact are.

Andy assigned an opinion and a statement to me that I hadn't made. I pointed out that I can hardly be required to defend a position I DON'T HOLD. This is not being evasive, this is ... not defending a position I never had and don't agree with.

Your question was stupid. Neener.

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 05:16 PM
MY GOD!!!!

*STARES AROUND IN HORROR*

I'm turning into an articulate form of Djimbe!

*runs away weeping*

Seriously guys, I didn't show up here to generate animosity towards myself or Bullshido. I'm sure you have a nice forum, that suits the members. Drop by on Bullshido if you feel like it.

I'll keep checking and responding to this thread, 'cause it's rude not to answer people's questions, but perhaps not so frequently.

AndyM
03-02-2005, 05:20 PM
I'll keep checking and responding to this thread, 'cause it's rude not to answer people's questions, but perhaps not so frequently.

Well, I wouldn't want to be seen as pointing out your error, but I did indeed quote you, and you have avoided answering the question several times;
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35591&page=9&pp=15

Post#131

JKDChick
03-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, I wouldn't want to be seen as pointing out your error, but I did indeed quote you, and you have avoided answering the question several times;
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35591&page=9&pp=15

Post#131

Well, thank you for actually providing some concrete information Andy. I actually missed that post of yours the first time through. I'm sure your head hurts now, you should go lie down till the brain fever passes.

According to people who care about these things, JKD -- if it were a style -- is technically a CMA. Or anyway, such a point has been made to me with a self-righteous flourish on occasion.

Okay, so "technically" since I train in a JKD Concepts school, I could be said to do Kung Fu. Do I think JKD is Kung Fu? No.

Because I don't actually think JKD is a STYLE, per say, just a METHOD of training martial arts that advocated becoming a mixed martial artist (in the sense of not being trapped into one style or range or set of skills or moves. MMA -- Mixed Martial Arts -- is actually something different, and at this point is becoming/has become a style in and of itself. I'm not an MMA'er). I never said JKD was Kung Fu, I said that if it were a STYLE it would be CONSIDERED as a CMA, since it was invented by a Chinese man, uses Chinese Terminology for the instructors (well, actually not where I train) and my particular school teaches stuff that has elements of Kung Fu styles. WAYYYYY more of what we do is influnced by Kali, these days, so actually I think of myself as an FMAer. Or a kickboxer, or a BJJ'er. All my recent gold medals have been in BJJ, for instance.

So, I never said JKD was Kung Fu, and I've never considered it as such.

See, you provide concrete evidence of something, I'll respond to it.

AndyM
03-02-2005, 06:19 PM
See, you provide concrete evidence of something, I'll respond to it.Sure, I'll remember to always provide it twice for your benefit. Maybe you should go back and read the posts of others you just skimmed over now?

As for your answer, there are a fair few experienced JKD people here who might want to dissect that post. Stick around and say hi to them.
I have no small experience of JKD myself.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Do I think JKD is Kung Fu? No.
That answer, in itself, requires your personal definition of Kung Fu.

Because I don't actually think JKD is a STYLE, per say, just a METHOD of training martial arts that advocated becoming a mixed martial artist (in the sense of not being trapped into one style or range or set of skills or moves.That's not a method, it's a concept.

I never said JKD was Kung Fu, I said that if it were a STYLE it would be CONSIDERED as a CMA, since it was invented by a Chinese manBJJ could be said to be invented by a Scotsman, but I've never seen a Tartan GI.

MasterKiller
03-02-2005, 06:31 PM
No actually. I provided mathematical proof that the assertion made by MasterKiller that "Everyone on Bullshido does TKD" wasn't true.

Actually, I said 1/3 to 1/2 of the people there are TKD or Krotty.

You do know that putting something in quotes is supposed to mean it's a direct quote, right? Because you made the same mistake on the Bullshido thread whining about this thread.

At any rate, even your skewed little survey shows they still represent a larger portion of the population than any other style. (And what's with adding JKD to the MMA group to pump up the numbers, anyway? :rolleyes: )

I mistook MasterKiller for a DIFFERENT MasterKiller (or varient there of) on Bullshido, corrected my mistake and apologised for it.

I checked the Usernames, and unless you deleted this person, I'm calling bull****. Nothing in the "M"s is even close. You just mouthed off without thinking and then had to backtrack when I called you on it. Happens to the best of us.

And if you think I was posting as someone else, just do an IP check.

David Jamieson
03-02-2005, 06:39 PM
LoL @ Grond. That was sweet like a ninja! hahahahahahahahaha.

man all this talk of concrete makes me wanna go have a big steaming three coiler! :rolleyes:

MoreMisfortune
03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
hey whats up guys

im thinking about adding gore pics here
to speed up the disaperance of this thread

SAAMAG
03-02-2005, 09:01 PM
Man..what the hell happened in here!?

SPJ
03-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I posted on several forums. Personally, I like all of the forums. If not, I will not sign on and post.

There are some good info on this thread. But I was easily lost among some of the meandering posts.

Let me pour some water on the flames of inflametories. Or Let me piiss on it.

The following is for entertainment.

I overheard the conversations in the toilette in the global internet cafe in Xiao Lin forest on the Wu Dang mount.

BS 1: I piiss on this thread.

BS 2: I piiss on you.

BS 3: I piiss on your school.

BS 4: I piiss on all of you.

BS 5: All of your piisses are frauds. You dunno what you are saying. My piiss is the only Ge Nui ate. Cerfified and proven by piiss down.

KFO M: Be civil. Keep your piiss in your own backyard or piissing bowl.

Cyberkwoon A: Very interesting stories and posts after 30 some pages. However, my question is --

Cyberkwoon B: sounds of piissing.

Wandering Xiao Lin monk: starts to piis. "cough" doer dun talk; talker dun do"cough".

Martial arts planet mods came in: Hey WM, we heard you have a new book coming out. We are starting a new section of book review. Would you like to have your book posted on the forum and reviewed?

WM: think "swearing in chingrish", piissing here?

---

So the question is that are you a piisser or a piiss talker?

Doer or do talker?

:rolleyes:

SPJ
03-02-2005, 09:09 PM
It is sarcasm.

No other things intended.

:D