PDA

View Full Version : kickboxing schools in philadelphia

greyfox
02-24-2005, 12:03 AM
where are they ther was one that i found a while back but i forgot where it was and the name can anyone help me

Josh Vogel
02-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi Greyfox,

Are you looking just for any kind of kick boxing? Or are you interested in Muay Thai or any other stand up arts? I'll list the schools that I've heard good things about, so you can pick:

Philadelphia Jiujitsu. 22nd and Cherry (I think). From what I understand, they have a good Muay Thai program as well as Boxing, kick boxing, judo, BJJ and stickfighting. Go to www.Philadelphiajiujitsu.com

Balance studios. Great BJJ. Great instructors, concise teaching, classes almost every day, great environment with great people. Nice facilities. 24th and Sansom. Go to www.Balancestudios.net

Hung gar school in Chinatown. (don't know the name). It's on Cherry street, I believe in between 11th and 12th street on the south side of the street. I've heard great things about the teacher and their martial arts

Southern Praying mantis school in Chinatown. (don't know the name). It's on Arch street between 9th and 10th street on the north side of the street. There's a handwritten sign on one of the shop doors, it's a little tough to find.

Chen Tai chi school. I believe the lineage is from Ren guang yi . In chinatown also. I've heard that the teacher is very very good and that the focus is very martial. Go to www.Taijiboxing.com

Regards,
Josh