PDA

View Full Version : Guess his Shaolin Gungfu wasn't so good...

Chizica
02-24-2005, 10:26 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&ncid=816&e=2&u=/ap/20050224/ap_on_fe_st/eyes_glued

red5angel
02-24-2005, 10:29 AM
OUCH! :eek:

I once mistook something like Cortaid for toothpaste, that was disgusting.....

norther practitioner
02-24-2005, 10:38 AM
ouch... that must suxor

Akhilleus
02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Oops! Glad that it sounds like he will be OK...I hope they can just dissolve the glue in his eye that is still shut...what I'm worried about is somewhere somebody who got the real eye drops is using them to glue a house together or something...

Dim Wit Mak
02-24-2005, 05:57 PM
I once put white anti-bacterial cream on my toothbrush, but caught it in time. That wasn't nearly as bad as the super-glue thing. :)

David Jamieson
02-24-2005, 08:15 PM
well, he wasn't shaolin, and he was an old man.

lol, bet he won't do that again!

David Jamieson
02-24-2005, 09:03 PM
It is true... the same substance is used in day surgery quite often these days to seal up superficial cuts.

handy dandy stuff, but as the old monk has shown us, don't put it in your eyes. hahahaha, silly old monk. Too much of that and he'll know true detatchment.

detachment of the retina, detachment of sight...and so on.

Ben Gash
02-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Glue's only good for minor cuts. It's pretty water soluble, so the blood oozing out of a deep cut will stop it setting, and you can't tension the edges properly, so you risk sinus formation and compartment syndrome.

SPJ
02-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Watch out for kid that drinks it somehow.

MoreMisfortune
02-24-2005, 11:49 PM
the new stuff they working on is
spider web
a lot more resistance and biologically acepted, they were researching
they looking for means to produce it syntetically in high quantities.

Chizica
02-25-2005, 04:50 AM
I saw an article in my local paper about the researchers looking into the spider webs. They say if, and when, they can perfect the formula, that it'll be be stronger than steel, yet perfectly safe to use in human recovery.

Let me guess, the doctor will come into the office and do the ol' Spidey Webshooters at your cut while making bad jokes.

kwaichang kaned
02-25-2005, 07:37 AM
Split me noggin Mon night.

I can testify thar super glue works just fine :)

Thank you Sean Pertwee and thank you Dog soldiers

PangQuan
02-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Superglue is an good to have for a travel medical kit. You don't have to do the old Rambo thing of stiching your own wounds.
You can superglue cut flesh and let it heal.
Save scarring even on minor wounds.
I learned that from watching CSI.. :D :D :D

===============================

If we can mist the superglue, it would make a good weapon., like a pepper spray.

It could seal someone's eyes or get into their throat and their esophagus and their upper esophagus valve would seal and they would suffocate.
Or seal their other breathing passages.
A superglue artillery shell?
=====================
It's better to seal your eyes wide open.
I guess the monk must have really freaked because he couldn't even take a look at the tube he was using.
Probably had bad eyesight to begin with.
super glue was developed during the vietnam war, it was used to patch up soldiers while in the field. Although it was a bit different, it was two different chemecals one liquid one a solid stick, dip the stick in the liquid an put on wound, turns to glue and patches. My uncle has a couple he stashed away as mementos, dont know why, they look like fun though.