PDA

View Full Version : Tonite's the Night!

Chizica
02-25-2005, 09:34 AM
After three months of training and practicing evry day, I will be testing for my Yellow sash. Though the sash is just a marker, I know that all the hard work I put in will pay off.

JadeMantis
02-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Good Luck Chizica.

Is this your first grading ???

What form and basics are you being tested on ?

I just passed my grade 5 last niht, it was like hell on Earth, but it was good fun..LOL

Oh joyous gradings I love you so much

Good Luck again let us know how you get on :) :) :)

Chizica
02-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Hi Jade...Thank you.

It's my first ever grading. There were no forms for me to learn as it is just the basics for Eight Step. I will be tested on the following:

8 Basic kicks
8 Stances
8 Kick Blocks
8 Blocks
Break Falls (Back,Side Forward).

I practice these every day for one to two hours a day depending on my schedule. I shouldn't have any problems passing so long as I remember to keep my back straight and my feet in the right direction.

JadeMantis
02-25-2005, 10:29 AM
With the amount of practicing that your putting in I think you'll fly through it no problems.

I need to increase my out of class as my last grading was a real struggle.

Need lots more cardio work as I was drop dead by the end and also some more work on Ground Sweeping Kicks and Huricanne Kicks.

My forms went reasonable but not good enough for my liking, needs more smoothness, definition and power.

When will you be learning your first form and what will that be ??

Cheers

Jade

Chizica
02-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Will be Chi Shuo. I'll be learning that in this next level along with tons of other applications/sweeps...etc.

I take each level one step at a time to insure my knowledge of the system is as complete as possible.

Chizica
02-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Took me an hour of showing everything, but I passed the grading. Shifu was impressed with the fact that I'd really been concentrating on the stances so much.

On to the next set of knowledge.

JadeMantis
02-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Congratulations Well Done

Keep training hard