PDA

View Full Version : How good is Cung Le?

ChuanFa631987
02-27-2005, 06:13 PM
In your opinions, how good is Cung Le? Who exactly has he fought?
Who are other notable stars in Shan Shou/Sanda?

ShaolinTiger00
02-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Cung is very good. He has great skill and has great conditioning. I think a san da match between he & Liu Hailong would be amazing! Without a doubt it would be exciting. (I've heard a rumor that Cung has already tried to get this fight.)

I've heard from a source that Cung now has BJJ black belt, (and amazing competitor) Garth Taylor teaching on Wed nights at his school and that Cung is getting better at subs every day. I foresee an attempt at MMA!

rogue
02-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Isn't he kind of small for MMA? :confused:

MoreMisfortune
02-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Isn't he kind of small for MMA? :confused:

weight
categories

:)

Starchaser107
02-27-2005, 08:01 PM
the way i hear it is that smaller people are naturally better at grappling.
minus the versus a significantly bigger + stronger opponent factors.

MoreMisfortune
02-27-2005, 08:08 PM
i dont know dude
i dont think there is such rule
Minotauro for example is a big dude

ngokfei
02-27-2005, 08:09 PM
same here
would love to seem him fight some high calibur/caliber? fighters

the last one I saw had him fighting this kickboxer from canada? on K-1 What a sad spectacle

his fight in hawaii against china was nice

imo he's going to have to travel there isn't much here. UFC would also be nice.

rogue
02-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Who's the current light weight champion?

Shaolinlueb
02-27-2005, 10:46 PM
well he humbled up jason yee :o..... :D

cung le is very good. very very good.

PangQuan
02-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Ill agree, Cung Le is very good. I would be very excited for someone with his background to go and enter some MMA cage fighting. Promote the Kung Fu !!!! :D

red5angel
02-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, to be completely honest here, last time I fought Cung he was a little soggy around the middle. He took my left jab like a little girl, what I mean is, whenever I hit him with my weakest tool, he fell over.
Also, I kept throwing this sweep, and I kept taking him down. Not only that but I started to feel so sorry for the guy I started warning him, like "Here it comes Cung! The Sweep of Death!" and he'd just fall over!

Anyway, he's been in better shape, I just think he needs to actually fight more.

WanderingMonk
02-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, to be completely honest here, last time I fought Cung he was a little soggy around the middle. He took my left jab like a little girl, what I mean is, whenever I hit him with my weakest tool, he fell over.
Also, I kept throwing this sweep, and I kept taking him down. Not only that but I started to feel so sorry for the guy I started warning him, like "Here it comes Cung! The Sweep of Death!" and he'd just fall over!

Anyway, he's been in better shape, I just think he needs to actually fight more.

red,

it is about time for you to bring out the video tape. I am sure someone would be happy to host such incredible find showing one of forum member kicking a high-caliber athlete's ass even if he was only 12 years old at the time. :)

red5angel
02-28-2005, 12:48 PM
well Cung's trainer asked me not to videotape anything, you know, just in case I "got lucky" as he put it.
Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy, he just can't take a shot. don't even get me started on his patented scissor kick takedown either, let;s just say it turns out Cung giggles like a schoolgirl if you tickle him on his feet.....

PangQuan
02-28-2005, 02:15 PM
LOL your so funny red.

Ming Yue
02-28-2005, 02:18 PM
He was pointed out to me in the gym when I was boxing in San Jose about 5 years ago. He was sparring at the time and I was very very impresssed. I understand he's a pretty nice guy to boot.

Meat Shake
02-28-2005, 03:29 PM
"I've heard from a source that Cung now has BJJ black belt, (and amazing competitor) Garth Taylor teaching on Wed nights at his school and that Cung is getting better at subs every day. I foresee an attempt at MMA!"

That would be badass.
Give cung some ground skills and hed be one dangerous mother ****er.

MasterKiller
03-01-2005, 07:36 AM
He was pointed out to me in the gym when I was boxing in San Jose about 5 years ago. He was sparring at the time and I was very very impresssed. I understand he's a pretty nice guy to boot.

Translation: "OMFG he was hot. I wanted to lick the sweat off his six-pack. I bet he wouldn't ask for anal, either."

PangQuan
03-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Lmao!!!!!!