PDA

View Full Version : Ptp

ewallace
02-28-2005, 11:23 AM
I think there was a thread on this a couple years ago but I forget.

Has anyone had strange effects around the second week of a linear cycle? I had started getting really light-headed. One day I was walking and for a second or two it seemed that the world had stopped and I was walking in slow motion. Then I just felt like I was going to faint.

This was at work so no I wasn't drunk or anything.

red5angel
02-28-2005, 12:18 PM
"I think there was a thread on this a couple years ago but I forget."

you mean roughly the last time you logged on? :P

"This was at work so no I wasn't drunk or anything."

you say this like being at work is a guarentee you'll be sober......

What's a linear cycle exactly?

ewallace
02-28-2005, 12:30 PM
"I think there was a thread on this a couple years ago but I forget."

you mean roughly the last time you logged on? :P

"This was at work so no I wasn't drunk or anything."

you say this like being at work is a guarentee you'll be sober......

What's a linear cycle exactly?

Yes

Yes

A linear cycle is when you start out at a certain %(i forget exactly what) of your 1RM. You do 1 set of 5 reps, then another set at 10% weight of the first set. You add 5 pounds to your first set every day for 5 days a week. I was only doing a 2 week cycle. Bench and deadlift are the only lifts you do. I suspect the dl is what was causing this.

What was strange is I was taking some suppliments and some other meds. I couldn't figure it out so I did process of elimination and once I killed the cycle everything was back to normal.

red5angel
02-28-2005, 01:42 PM
that sort of thing might be hard to figure out. What you describe sounds to me like a side effect of medication, or certain medications, or certain mixes of medications. The problem with trying to figure out if that's the case it may take from a few days to a couple of weeks for those things to be out of your system. It might be something you want to talk to a sports doctor about?

ewallace
02-28-2005, 04:00 PM
I doubt it, because I'm back on the meds and stuff, and have not had a re-occurance. Funny thing, I haven't done any more PTP cycles since then either. I just thought I remember hearing other people with similar side effects.

Toby
02-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Yeppers. I get that occasionally. Others have too. I asked the same question a while back. The consensus is that since you're training neurological pathways as intensely as your strength, you sometimes fry your brain a little bit. I don't mind it, it's kind of a funny adrenalin buzz feeling like you're fully wired.

IronFist
02-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Yes, sir. It happens sometimes as the weights get close to your 6-1RM.

Are you sleeping enough?

I've never felt like I was going to faint. I would just feel jittery inside, but not on the outside, like my insides were on a caffeine buzz. Very strange, because it's really nothing like a caffeine buzz. That's just the only way I can describe it.

ewallace
03-01-2005, 10:22 AM
That's pretty much how I felt too. It was just that one incident where I thought I was going to faint.

Around that time the only way I got to sleep was getting hammered. It was a rough period in time.

ewallace
03-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Kinda funny. I was going thru my old posts and me and Ironfist had this same conversation about 2 years ago.

fa_jing
03-01-2005, 09:02 PM
I've been getting some wierd jitters and irritability with a high-volume, high intensity routine that I'm doing. And yesterday I came down with this wierd dizzyness where the room starts spinning and stuff. No way I could drive earlier today. I had gone to an Asian Buffet yesterday and pigged my brains out as well as I was fairly drunk last night, plus there's flus and wierd **** going around--so I'm not sure what is wrong with me. I'm probably going to the doctor tomorrow.

fa_jing
03-04-2005, 12:27 PM
hey I have a virus like a cold or flu and it got into my inner ear. Now I have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. The doctor prescribed me a bunch of antivert and valium for the evenings. It should take me another week to really get over. I got a ride into work today.