PDA

View Full Version : How big is the sky?

SPJ
03-03-2005, 05:45 AM
The frog at the bottom of the well said it is as big as the ring of the well. One day it was snatched by the eagle. The frog saw the sky is bigger then the ring of the well before it was devoured.

The chicken said the sky is as big as I can walk. However, the chicken never walks across the river.

The eagle said the sky is as big as I can fly. However, the eagle never ventures out into the sea, where is no landing ground in sight.

The dolphin said the sky is as far as I can swim. However, the dolphin never ventures into colder water.

The whale said the sky is as far as the current goes.

The sailor said the sky is as far as I can sail which are the 7 seas.

The global trotter plane said the sky is as far as I can fly. However, it flies in a big circle and back to where it started without refueling.

The NASA telescope said the sky is as far as I can see. However, it only sees the nearest nebulus.

So the question is that how big is your sky?

From the coffee cup, piissing bowl to the key board of your computer?

Every one in the global internet cafe thanked the monk for another Chan story.

So the monk said I will see everyone in practice later.

Sorry I was not able to finish following posts, since the other thread was closed.

:D

SPJ
03-03-2005, 05:51 AM
I like the new format in Bulshido forum.

Martial arts planet have over 10,000 members.

They list every possible style they know of.

Everyone seems to be able to find a "style" to post (piiss).

They have more variations of sections, too.

They are going to start a book review section very soon. Last time I heard.

Peace or piiss

Apology for making the other thread closed.

:(

SPJ
03-03-2005, 05:56 AM
For those that are still curious about my posts.

The answer is to think big and beyond. That is how people learn to know more and evolve.

In the same manner, MA forums or mcdojo exposing forums evolve by including more and more "styles" (people thereof) and grow.

The same goes for San Da, San Shou or MMA events.

And so on and so forth.

Peace.

:rolleyes:

David Jamieson
03-03-2005, 06:19 AM
uh, well, the sky starts where the earth ends and stops where space starts.

so it's pretty big. But to the dead, it isn't anything. To the living, it is for the most part not considered.

Becca
03-03-2005, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=Kung Lek]uh, well, the sky starts where the earth ends and stops where space starts.
QUOTE]
Nope. That's the planit's atmosphere. The sky is more of a concept than an tangible thing. :)

David Jamieson
03-03-2005, 09:03 AM
becca-

sky is defined as the atmosphere of earth

sure it can include the expanse of space at night when we can see the "stars in the sky". which would fit your concept idea.

but call a spade a spade. sky is sky, space is space.

we are in the 21st century after all and most of us can leave voodoo, esoteric nonsense and what not behind and see things for what they are. :p

thanks god for science and progress or many of us would buy into being dullards for the sake of being dullards.

PangQuan
03-03-2005, 11:15 AM
To me the sky is nothing and the collection of all. There is no boundary by which the sky can be measured. For our infantesimal existance cannot possible fathom the true existance of infinity.

Or it could be that big blue thing I always seem to see. But I dont think that is it.

Ray Pina
03-03-2005, 12:11 PM
The frog at the bottom of the well said it is as big as the ring of the well. One day it was snatched by the eagle. The frog saw the sky is bigger then the ring of the well before it was devoured.
are the 7 seas.....

Awesome!!!!

Ming Yue
03-03-2005, 01:59 PM
The other day I was looking at a picture of a beautiful spiral galaxy in deep space.
55000 light years across at the widest point.
It contains 60 million suns.

We're pretty small, but our sky is limitless.

Merryprankster
03-03-2005, 02:10 PM
The sky is just as big as it needs to be.

norther practitioner
03-03-2005, 03:26 PM
except when my 'chute doesn't open...

Becca
03-04-2005, 12:33 AM
The sky is just as big as it needs to be.
best answer I've ever hear to this. :)

LOL @ NP, though! :D

David Jamieson
03-04-2005, 05:14 AM
I'm not certain the sky has needs.

Ming Yue
03-04-2005, 05:41 AM
except when my 'chute doesn't open...

then it's the ground you need to worry about, not the sky.

Mr Punch
03-04-2005, 07:34 AM
The sky just is. Size is irrelevant.

If you wanted to quantify it, you could always ask the scientists who are theorizing Big Bang and Big Crunch, see if they've come closer to the possible dimensions and rate of expansion, but it seems fairly pointless.

Ming Yue
03-04-2005, 08:29 AM
The sky just is. Size is irrelevant.

If you wanted to quantify it, you could always ask the scientists who are theorizing Big Bang and Big Crunch, see if they've come closer to the possible dimensions and rate of expansion, but it seems fairly pointless.

not that you asked, but the part we know about is something like 10 billion light years across, and growing. :)

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
In all of the directions it can ****z
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
Twelve million miles a minute,
and that's the fastest speed there is.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

PangQuan
03-04-2005, 10:20 AM
KUNGFU WARRIORS: This sky's not big enough for two of us!!

That sounds about right.