PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Denverites

Becca
03-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Sorry this is on such short notice...

My Kwoon is holding a mini-seminar Saturday (tomarrow :eek: ). Cost is $10 donation to benifit the Muscular Distraphy (sp?) Association. it will be held at 1:00pm at the kwoon (http://yellowpages.superpages.com/supermaps/mapinit.jsp?SRC=msn&C=Martial+arts&S=CO&OO=0&R=A&STYPE=S&F=1&CP=Sports+%26+Recreation%5ESports+%26+Fitness+Inst ruction%5EMartial+Arts%5E&BYP=1&LID=0016925390&map.x=212&map.y=125&level=8&lat=039863912&lng=-104978060&POI1lat=039863912&POI1lng=-104978060&POI1name=White+Dragon&streetaddress=9231+Washington+Street&city=Denver&state=CO&zip=80229) . If you've ever wanted to see what Pai Lum or Chinese Kempo is all about, this is a good oportunity. Sifu will be teaching a style spacific form to all who come. It's a fun afternoon for everyone, from newbs who have never done any MA training to seasoned pros who are interested about learning a bit about another style with no pressure to join.

norther practitioner
03-04-2005, 11:28 AM
Your school is N. of 84th on Washington right.. I'll see whats going on then, I might be skiing, might not... if I'm around I'll try to come up.

Becca
03-05-2005, 12:13 AM
:) I understand. I just found out myself and had to cancel something else i had planned. Hope to see you, though!

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-05-2005, 12:22 AM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4251346/detail.html

norther practitioner
03-05-2005, 12:35 AM
I don't want to know why you found that, but thanks gda, it puts another stake in why I won't live on the western slope of CO

Becca
03-05-2005, 12:37 AM
:eek: I'm not sure which is more disturbing- that story or how you knew about it! Is it on the national news or something? Not many people around here watch that channel, but it's been the talk of just about every radio morning show.

wdl
03-05-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm going to be in Denver probably for about 10 days either in May or June, I'm starting to question whether or not I should go. :eek:

-Will

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-05-2005, 12:43 AM
lets just say that i know a thing or two about a thing or two and leave it at that.

norther practitioner
03-05-2005, 12:45 AM
lol, wdl questioning Denver... where you from again?

:rolleyes:

Denver and Grand Junction are two, very, very different places.

wdl
03-05-2005, 12:49 AM
lol, wdl questioning Denver... where you from again?

:rolleyes:

Denver and Grand Junction are two, very, very different places.

About an hour outside of Knoxville, Tn. I'll be in Denver part of a week(not sure where yet) and somewhere else in Colorado the rest of the time. My father has got a business trip to Denver that's going to last about 6 weeks, he designs stuff for power plants and it's got something to do with that. Relatives from Texas I guess the other end of the country are going to meet up out there for a week. Since he's going to be gone so long he's going to take mom with him, I figured I would travel out and visit family the week they are in Denver.

Edit: What is there to do in Denver?

-Will

norther practitioner
03-05-2005, 01:09 AM
What is there to do in Denver?

What are you in to?

There are some decent clubs, great mountain biking, hiking, shopping, fishing, good restaurants... It's a freakin' city, you can find a bunch of stuff. Thats not too far from some big ol' mountains, where you can find even more cool stuff.

wdl
03-05-2005, 01:18 AM
What are you in to?

There are some decent clubs, great mountain biking, hiking, shopping, fishing, good restaurants... It's a freakin' city, you can find a bunch of stuff. Thats not too far from some big ol' mountains, where you can find even more cool stuff.

The outdoors, mainly mountain biking interests me. I'm used to cycling with alot of elevation change here. It's always fun when the flat landers drive in to cycle in the Smokies and you pass them up on the trail with dead legs and dead lungs. So, even more elevation change and alot thinner air would be a challenge and I'd probably get laughed at. Roller coasters are good too, is the Six Flags there any good? When I looked at their website a year or two ago it looked like it sucked.

Before the outdoors would be awesome food, can't burn carbs without having taken some in.

While I'm out of the sticks(I didn't always live in the "sticks"), what would be the best kung fu schools to visit?

-Will

Becca
03-05-2005, 01:48 AM
The outdoors, mainly mountain biking interests me. I'm used to cycling with alot of elevation change here. It's always fun when the flat landers drive in to cycle in the Smokies and you pass them up on the trail with dead legs and dead lungs. So, even more elevation change and alot thinner air would be a challenge and I'd probably get laughed at. Roller coasters are good too, is the Six Flags there any good? When I looked at their website a year or two ago it looked like it sucked.

Before the outdoors would be awesome food, can't burn carbs without having taken some in.

While I'm out of the sticks(I didn't always live in the "sticks"), what would be the best kung fu schools to visit?

-Will
Dinosour National Park is just outside of Golden just off I-70. It's a nice little area with several beginner to intermediate level trails to hike or bike on. Plus you can use the points of interest to catch your wind while looking at fossils still in the ground. ;) :p I usually advise people who are new to the front range to try this area first till they get aclimated, as the trails are from 2.2 miles long to about 15 miles long, so you don't get in over your head.

Like NP said, there's lots to see in Down Town. 16th Streat mall is always good, has a little bit of everything and has a free mall shuttle service, so you don't have to walk it all if you don't want to.

norther practitioner
03-05-2005, 09:52 AM
As far as kung fu schools, there is mine, Becca's, a Shaolin Do school, a few southern schools floating around on the west side, and a few wah lum schools on the south side of the city. Apex right there could be a great ride if you are in the denver area, there are a lot of trails. White Ranch would be cool too, but I'd try to find someone who knows there way around.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-05-2005, 11:19 PM
this thread reminds me of steve buscemi (http://www.ba-reps.com/ph/heisler/Celebrities/heisler08.jpg).

FatherDog
03-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Everything reminds you of Steve Buscemi.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-06-2005, 12:33 AM
true true.