PDA

View Full Version : Transferring heat energy

Tsai li fu
03-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I was wondering is it possible to transfer the heat energy in your legs to the arms/hands during Tai' chi? It's winter and i do my tai' chi alot so is it possible?

7 star Method
03-05-2005, 09:26 AM
should happen naturally, maybe you need to incorporate some Fire Chi Kung or meditation into your practice to loosen up the blockages.

LF

spiraler
03-28-2005, 12:21 AM
yes it is possible, hopefully during practice your mind/body connection is strengthened enough to notice energy flow sinking to your dantien,from enough tai chi practice this should come naturally, once you are familiar with this feeling,you can direct chi from your dantien thru your body,sometimes visualization helps alot, also try to be one with the cold,at the same time dont really think about it. or you can do some cardio before you leave the house.

unkokusai
03-29-2005, 01:15 AM
yes it is possible, hopefully during practice your mind/body connection is strengthened enough to notice energy flow sinking to your dantien,.

That may be the effects of the three day old ma-po tofu you ate!

spiraler
03-29-2005, 12:35 PM
may i ask why you even bother to read these threads?fool.

Liokault
03-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Who is the bigger fool? The fool, or the fool being mocked by the fool?

spiraler
03-31-2005, 04:28 PM
the fool of course... what kind of question is that?

Liokault
04-01-2005, 12:19 AM
the fool of course... what kind of question is that?

Try reading the question again, then post another answer fool.

spiraler
04-01-2005, 12:22 AM
i would say you are a fool. but its obvious.

Liokault
04-01-2005, 12:26 AM
i would say you are a fool. but its obvious.

LOL a fool I may be but I'm mocking you, fool.

TaiChiBob
04-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Greetings..

Is it now the way of things.. that one cannot express themselves without a herd of disrespectful nay-sayers spewing out conflict and ill-will.. Cripe, no wonder CMA and the Internal Arts suffer, it's full of cyber-low-life..

To what productive end do Cyber-punks aspire when they interject their pointless but inflamatory posts into threads where people are having productive dialogues?

Liokault
04-01-2005, 07:55 AM
Greetings..

Cripe, no wonder CMA and the Internal Arts suffer, it's full of cyber-low-life..

Nope. CMA suffers because people as questions as:

I was wondering is it possible to transfer the heat energy in your legs to the arms/hands during Tai' chi?

and get answers like:

try to be one with the cold

and

maybe you need to incorporate some Fire Chi Kung or meditation into your practice to loosen up the blockages.

When clearly the right answer is for Tsai li fu to put his snow pants on.

TaiChiBob
04-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Greetings..

Forcing air out of the lungs through tightly pursed lips (abdominal compressions) will pump core heat to the extremeties.. subsequent circulation will spread the heated blood more evenly throughout the body.. a well known Taoist breath exercise for just such occasions.. known to reduce frostbite also..

Be well..

Brad
04-01-2005, 08:53 AM
In winter, I usually add hat, sweater, jacket and gloves + do my taiji at a slightly faster pace. Once I get into it and am warmed up a bit more I might lose a couple layers. Part of it's mental too. If you're really into your practice, you probably will be able to tolerate the cold better.

spiraler
04-01-2005, 02:08 PM
LOL a fool I may be but I'm mocking you, fool.

only a fool would mock some one, a fool who mocks a fool? now thats a whole new species of fool... HAHAHH!

Liokault
04-01-2005, 02:30 PM
only a fool would mock some one, a fool who mocks a fool? now thats a whole new species of fool... HAHAHH!

I can see your trying, but you hav not quite got the idea yet have u?

spiraler
04-01-2005, 03:06 PM
I can see your trying, but you hav not quite got the idea yet have u?

sorry i cant level with you on your great "philosophy of foolishness" maybe i have to smoke and drink a tad bit more, goddam whatsit to you anyway! i didnt come here to talk about this?! its rather amusing to have a fool though, or should i say jester, man... i feel like a king