PDA

View Full Version : What's cooler than getting sick the week before a PL contest?

IronFist
03-07-2005, 08:45 PM
I dunno, probably a lot of stuff.

I've missed two workouts so far, but I'm wh0ring the Cold-eeze, Airborne, and frozen pizza, so hopefully I'll be good to go soon.

Ming Yue
03-08-2005, 07:43 AM
I had that cruddy cold too. I recommend Theraflu. Tastes awful but makes you feel better and then puts you to sleep with no annoying Nyquil hangover.

hope you feel better soon!

fa_jing
03-08-2005, 10:35 AM
What's cooler? Getting sick two weeks before a PL contest. I'm getting over an virus that affected my inner ear. I couldn't even drive for about a week.

Fortunately it corresponded roughly with my taper after the Smolov squat base phase. I have been sleeping alot since I'm on meds. I'm probably going to max out (squat) tonight if I don't fall over. I deadlifted already and my deadlift went up, but my grip is going to be the limiting factor. Should do better with chalk and a better knurl.

My weight is way up so my pullups are going to suffer. For some reason the virus didn't affect my appetite.

FngSaiYuk
03-08-2005, 03:37 PM
What's cooler than getting sick the week before a PL contest?

Perhaps performing beyond your expectations, considering the unexpected illness? And winning something?

Anyways, good luck and all, hopefully you'll have enough time to get your body ready to perform!

BibitClerus
03-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello, forum.

I was reading your post, IronFist, and I don't think you should feel too bad.
You see, I yesterday had to go to the proctologyst, wich was really bad and painful. As if it was not humiliating enough, while waiting for my apointment there were 2 beautiful girls there too, and they must have noticed where I was heading to. (this clinic had one proctologyst and some psychologist I think, and since I said my doctors name out loud they must have picked up... quickly)
Double humiliation so far.
The exam was painful, and since I got a recipe for a medicine I went to a nearby pharmacy where a woman was attending. I asked for the medicine, she sort of almost smilled (probably holding her laughter) and then searched on the computer for the medicine. She finally said they ran out of stock, so I said "goodbye" and I could not help but notice the smile shaping up in her face (as if again but this time stronger, preparing to laugh).
That off course was not enough, I went to another pharmacy. I ask one lady, and she calls another lady (this must be how they get off "Theres a guy looking for anal medicine here, come check it out, hahahaha").
Fine, so I ask for the medicine for this new lady too, she smiles (we know what about/for) and searches for it.
She finds it, good. But there is a problem... it costs 31 and I only have 28... I say "Oh... well I guess I should come back later"... She decides to be nice and lets me take it and bring back the money later, wich I do.

Total humiliation calculation:
1 point for waiting room in proctologyst
1 point for very "invading' exam
1 point for the 1st pharmacy girl
1 point for another pharmacy girl
1 point for the last pharmacy girl (called by the previous)
1 point for being a poor ******* with not even 31 in his pocket
=
SIX humiliation points in one day
Fantastic!!

So do not worry, IronFist, better times will come. :)

Mo Lung
03-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Iron - you're just setting up an excuse in advance for when you get to the comp and lift like a little girl.

Bibit - only you can make yourself feel humiliated. Those girls see that stuff every day. What makes you think they'd laugh at you?

Chief Fox
03-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Not sure, maybe getting kicked in the balls. :eek:

Wait, that's not cool.

JadeMantis
03-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Hey Mo, Maybe it was the way he was walking after the exam.........

ewallace
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
I would think that getting sick the day before would be cooler. Then you can throw up right before the competition ala Jamie Foxx in Any Given Sunday. Then you can kick ass in the comp and everyone will be talking about it. You will become rich and famous and all the chicks will want you, unless you are about to go for your lifts.

FngSaiYuk
03-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Then you can throw up right before the competition ala Jamie Foxx in Any Given Sunday. Then you can kick ass in the comp and everyone will be talking about it.

Reminds me of one of the recent worlds strongest championships where one of the guys started puking in the middle of pulling a train and just kept on going. I think he ended up winning or taking second - if he took second he won the following years competition.

Pretty hard core

Mo Lung
03-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey Mo, Maybe it was the way he was walking after the exam.........
LOL.

Dao
03-10-2005, 09:23 PM
I dunno, probably a lot of stuff.

I've missed two workouts so far, but I'm wh0ring the Cold-eeze, Airborne, and frozen pizza, so hopefully I'll be good to go soon.

Whats cooler is not being able to go to Wushu pracice because your ride, who is 4 rooms down and in Wushu too, forgets to bring you with. It kinda sucks being in college and not having your own car XP.

Toby
03-11-2005, 09:24 PM
I've missed two workouts so far, but I'm wh0ring the ... frozen pizza, so hopefully I'll be good to go soon.Ancient Norfairian remedy for illness? So you're off the Hungry Man dinners? :p

abobo
03-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Reminds me of one of the recent worlds strongest championships where one of the guys started puking in the middle of pulling a train and just kept on going. I think he ended up winning or taking second - if he took second he won the following years competition.

Pretty hard core

I think that was Mariusz Pudzianowski in the qualifier the year he destroyed everyone in the finals.

Also, Michael Jordan scored 30+ points in the finals that one time with the flu.

PS - word on the street is that Ironfist did 18 pullups in the contest.

Samurai Jack
03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Ironfist, how'd you do in that contest?