PDA

View Full Version : Bad Representation!

PangQuan
03-08-2005, 12:42 PM
So my friend was competing in state for TKD. (he took gold :) )Well while he was there, this guy did a little kung fu demo. My friend also studies kung fu at the same school I do. I guess this guy that did the little demo, did the introductory broadsword form.(longfist) And he totally sucked. We think he was there without his teachers permission. But he was wearing Shaolin monk robes!?!?!?! This is an awful representation of kung fu. Now there are all these martial artists who's first taste of kung fu was totally lame.

So im kind of venting. Does this kind of crap happen in your area?

norther practitioner
03-08-2005, 01:10 PM
All the time, we have shaolin do AND USSD...

WinterPalm
03-08-2005, 02:06 PM
It really is just hard work. I don't care much what the popular misconception of any art is because when it comes down to it, arrogance and superiority complexes will cost you in your life. People need to be more humble with what they do and how they treat others. If one little expereince like that gets put on here and everyone who saw it thinks that kung fu is lame and no good, then those people probably had no real intention of training in kung fu. I've had some bad experiences, heck I've read some real bad books but I've still gone and found others with even the same genre! The only time it really matters is when someone within your Kwoon or Martial Art Association does something to reflect negatively on the school or art. That kid, if he was out there without his SIfu's permission and making a fool of himself, that should be looked into by the teacher.

MasterKiller
03-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Pang,
OT, but do you know of any schools near Bend, Oregon?

PangQuan
03-08-2005, 02:37 PM
not off the top of my head, ill ask some peeps in school and get back to you.

PangQuan
03-08-2005, 03:50 PM
MK, check this site out, it may have what your looking for.

http://www.challengermartialarts.com/schoolsOR.htm

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-08-2005, 05:39 PM
you are the failure for not killing him where he stood good sir.

now bow your head in shame.

PangQuan
03-09-2005, 09:46 AM
I was not there. If I was there, I probably would have laughed so loud, he would have died from shame. He was wearing a purple sash i guess?!?!?! and he could not even do a decent drop stance.