PDA

View Full Version : A big salute

SPJ
03-08-2005, 09:04 PM
There are currently 0.5 million female soldiers in uniform worldwide.

The number of female military personale:

Russia number 1.

China number 2.

US number 3.

A big salute to all of them.

:)

Starchaser107
03-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Armies suck.
But big up to them anyway for including women into the ranks.

gfx
03-08-2005, 11:12 PM
It shouldn't be the number of women that counts
it should be the PERCENTAGE fo women in the military.

Of course the 3 countries are the highest, they have the largest military.

Starchaser107
03-08-2005, 11:16 PM
well if you look at it that way
then which one of the 3 has the most number of high ranking women in the military?
female generals and such...

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-09-2005, 01:31 AM
so are these women in there as playthings or what?

David Jamieson
03-09-2005, 07:19 AM
GDA- you would be surprised how many attitudes are of the "oh yeah, chicas with guns" variety.

I think Israel was the first country to put women into combat roles. Correct me if I'm wrong here. And please, don't talk about some obscure little battle 500 years ago. I'm talking officially and still active in a standing army today. Anyway, I think it was israel.

Jhapa
03-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Armies suck.

yup, because all the hotties aren't in the army... :D

Starchaser107
03-09-2005, 08:12 AM
that's right!, they all end up at wah lum for some god forsaken reason :eek:

red5angel
03-09-2005, 08:17 AM
GDA- you would be surprised how many attitudes are of the "oh yeah, chicas with guns" variety.

I think Israel was the first country to put women into combat roles. Correct me if I'm wrong here. And please, don't talk about some obscure little battle 500 years ago. I'm talking officially and still active in a standing army today. Anyway, I think it was israel.

depends on what you mean. The women of the germanic tribes fought often to defend their villages and homes, and also to force their men back into combat when they've begun to retreat.

As mentioned before, there were women Samurai as well.

BibitClerus
03-09-2005, 08:22 AM
This reminds me of some articles I have read about rape in the US army... and the numbers weren't small either.
Show you the articles?
Too lazy for that, rather than that I will leave it to your imagination.
It's all it takes, and it is the truth.

ZIM
03-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Well, alright. Consider yourself corrected.

The Soviets did that long before, even during the October Revolution. The best known examples were when female tank commanders helped capture Berlin, though.

ewallace
03-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Maybe it's just me, but chicks with toolbelts, biker chicks, and chicks with guns are always hot, no matter how ugly they actually are in reality.

red5angel
03-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Well, alright. Consider yourself corrected.

The Soviets did that long before, even during the October Revolution. The best known examples were when female tank commanders helped capture Berlin, though.

don't forget the signallers corp in Satalingrad and the woman-citizen snipers there as well.

red5angel
03-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Maybe it's just me, but chicks with toolbelts, biker chicks, and chicks with guns are always hot, no matter how ugly they actually are in reality.

I think that's just you, but then again, look atcha! ;)

ewallace
03-09-2005, 09:41 AM
I think that's just you, but then again, look atcha! ;)

Yeah well, you maybe the president of Helen Liangs fan club, but a little known secret is that you are also the president of the Marshall Tucker fan club.

PangQuan
03-09-2005, 10:08 AM
You know there has been recent discoveries which support the lost tribes of "amazon women" each warrior had to kill a man in battle before they were rewarded the title of warrior. Those chicks were fighting Greeks.

BibitClerus
03-09-2005, 10:13 AM
As you can see, that tribe got lost. Simply because in the end they were killed by stronger enemies: men.
Some might not accept it at first, but it is the truth.

PangQuan
03-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Of course men killed them. What else could have happened to them. No tribe of one breasted women could mess with several battalions of trained Greek soldiers.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-09-2005, 12:45 PM
ewallace ....

i dunno dude ... remember those pics of that army chick that got leaked cause she forgot to clear them from the recycle bin after emailing them to her boyfriend?

not that i dont appreciate the fact shes protecting my right to critique her nudie pics from the safety of my home .... because i do ... but the fact remains ...

David Jamieson
03-09-2005, 12:46 PM
commies eh? ok, i can buy that.

That was a combat role. My mother was in the RCAF, but not in a combat role. And there were many many women enlisted in the forces. Just not in combat roles.

It is quite recent in history that women are in the trenches so to speak, especially in the Norad countries.

Maybe I am thinking in terms of post WW2 history and battles and wars since then. dunno, kind of inetresting to hear that bit about the soviets, but then, they did have that whole everyones a comrade thing going on.

Jhapa
03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
i dunno dude ... remember those pics of that army chick that got leaked cause she forgot to clear them from the recycle bin after emailing them to her boyfriend?

not that i dont appreciate the fact shes protecting my right to critique her nudie pics from the safety of my home .... because i do ... but the fact remains ...

got a link to those pics? :D

ewallace
03-09-2005, 02:32 PM
GDA, I did not see those, but was she holding a gun, wearing a toolbelt, or on a motorcycle? If so she was hot. Remember, she has to be holding the gun, not a roll of fat hanging over the holster with the gun in the holster.

Shaolinlueb
03-09-2005, 02:33 PM

or TKD studios :(

SaMantis
03-09-2005, 05:57 PM

Well, we just want to be where all the real men are.

>/cuts and runs

:D

Starchaser107
03-09-2005, 06:52 PM
come to wing lung baby!!! :cool: ;) :p

Starchaser107
03-09-2005, 06:53 PM
we also teach real kung fu if you're interested..haha. ;)

SPJ
03-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Agreed.

Always blame the politician that made the decisions to invade another country.

Always blame the leaders.

And never and never blame the soldiers or the generals.

Sorry.

I grew up from generations of soldiers and policemen in our family since Song Dynasty.

My grand and grand --- fought under general Yuet Fei against the Jing.

Figurative speech.

:D

SPJ
03-09-2005, 07:14 PM
My favorite story is the female generals from Yang Family.

Look into your Chinese history book.

:cool:

David Jamieson
03-09-2005, 07:18 PM
agree with spj on the blame factor.

the problem is not the service people, it is generally those in charge who are the cluster fu.cks.

SPJ
03-09-2005, 08:02 PM
There is court marshall for prisnor abuse. I think.

Maybe you know more about it.

:confused:

SPJ
03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
About conscience of war;

During the height of the cold war, there are many mobile and silo intercontinental ballistic missiles with multiple nuclear warheads.

Usually only the president has the say about launching it.

Knowing that if you push the button, a city will be destroyed or many and many will pass away in the nuclear blasts, you hide hundreds of feet of concrete underground and you are ordered to push it---

My point is that the conscience of war applies to both men and women in uniform.

In the heat of combat, it is either you or your opponent, which is it?

If your wife survives or you're widowed, which is it?

And now you know how tough it is to be a soldier or soldierin?

I grew up in the military dormitories. I knew plenty of friends that lost father, uncles etc.

And you are saying they are all wrong and no need to salute.

Starchaser107
03-09-2005, 08:26 PM
"a we a guard unnu life and unnu nuh know
when unnu a sleep we a patrol out a door
a we protect unnu life and unnu nuh know
when unnu a sleep we a patrol " ~ Buju

SPJ
03-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Understood.

China is ready and will invade Taiwan in 5 to 10 years said Taiwan's Defense Minister Li Jet.

What shall men and women in Taiwan do?

China already has 800 missiles targeting Taiwan.

With better subs in the next few years, China's subs may surround Taiwan and seige or interrupt vital sea lanes. Taiwan will be sea locked.

----

Think" Think"

---

Dun mind me.

---

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-09-2005, 09:25 PM
youknowwho ...
Today our soldiers choose that job as their free will and got paid well for "killing". Nobody force them to take that job.

yeah because it would be so much better if no one decided to balls up and offer a nice little chunk of their lives to their country having no idea what they'll be called upon to do.

SPJ
03-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I agreed to the fact that Taiwan is part of China.

The earliest recorded history was in the three kingdoms or 三国. Wu or 吴 general reached Peng Hu. It is an isle in the middle of Taiwan strait. It is called Yi Zhou or 夷州. It was 230 AD.

I am only talking about the military reality.

China increased 100 more missiles this year including cruise missiles.

They passed the anti division act.

Hu summoned 4 generals last year. 2 are from Nan Jing and one from Lan Zhou.

They even built a model replica of Taiwan's CCK airbase in Taichung to practice.

PLA is getting readier and readier.

:mad:

David Jamieson
03-09-2005, 11:00 PM
I don't know about that. When I saw that woman soldier holding a dog leash on an Iraq prinsor, "Salute" will be the last word that I would use. Should I blame George Bush for that?

I don't believe women should involve with "killing". Will you sleep to your wife if you know that she cut off someone's head just few hours ago?

NO but you can blame his Henchmen, in particular, Rumsfeld, who ordered the go ahead on the psy-ops to be carried out in such a manner -according to each and every soldier- who went down on that including leash girl Lindey.

If you are a soldier, and your superior officer or non com tells you to execute an order on a prisoner or combatant enemy , you do it because that is what you are trained to do.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-10-2005, 12:30 AM
its sad that a gracious nod to those with more balls than the most of us degraded into this.

not that i had anything worthwhile to offer, but at least my comments were in jest.

David Jamieson
03-10-2005, 07:06 AM
As for the "cutting off the head thing and would you then sleep with your wife knowing she has done this... well sounds kinky but, it is really relative here.

Don't get me wrong. As I have made very clear, I am 100% against the Bush agenda in teh middle east and truly believe he has gone about it incorrectly from the start right up until now. I am including his cabinet and those who support his agenda in this.

However, I would not disparage teh soldiers who are carrying out these tasks because there is no such thing as free will in an army. If that were true, then tehre would be no such thing as an army. Discipline and unfaltering, unquestioning response to your commands is absolutely necessary to have a functional fighting unit. Otherwise it's just a bunch of rogues with guns and that is as useless as the dog poo on your lawn.

when I say relative I say it because if you were living in a war, in the middle of a war, you likely would understand that life is differnet and there may be things you need to do to survive. It doesn't mean you lose your humanity or your ability to empathize, but in the case of a war, it is all too often quite clear who your enemy is. Especially for the combatants on either side and that guy/girl on the other side shooting at you will remain your enemy until someone on high tells you they are no longer your enemy.

That is how it is. To think otherwise is to live in a pollyanna bubble of denial. It is unfortunate that humans are such barabaric creatures, but history tells us that this is how we are. We can't deny these things about ourselves, to do so is foolishness.

Can we change? I have no ideas on how. Conflict will always arise. Only the individual can change how they choose to deal with that conflict be it small or nation to nation.In the case of the nation, the individual deciding is your elected representative. Or your king, Or your dictator et al.

WanderingMonk
03-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Understood.

China is ready and will invade Taiwan in 5 to 10 years said Taiwan's Defense Minister Li Jet.

What shall men and women in Taiwan do?

China already has 800 missiles targeting Taiwan.

With better subs in the next few years, China's subs may surround Taiwan and seige or interrupt vital sea lanes. Taiwan will be sea locked.

----

Think" Think"

---

Dun mind me.

---

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/050311/15/1kryf.html
溫宗仁並坦承,共軍第三代戰機數量太少,和台灣相較,不佔優勢。

the missiles ain't going to get it done. count the planes.

china

su-27 (200+)
su-30 (100 approx)
J-10 (10 approx)

tw

f-16 (140+)
mirage 2000 (50+)
ching-kuo 280+

if china's 3rd gen fighters is 6x of TW's 3rd gen fighers, then start to worry.

china is only building j-10 at 20/year, might go to 40/year by year end. but, not much more than that. until it start a massive ramp up, it means its planners are not actually getting ready. no build-up, no war. period. unless tw declare independence then all bets are off.

china's fighters has to guard a lot more air space than tw's fighter. China isn't going to throw all of its best fighter into TW strait.

so, if china don't have at least 6 to 1 advantage, it will be a fool to do something stupid.

chill.

breath.

SPJ
03-11-2005, 07:06 AM
Cool.

:cool:

Merryprankster
03-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Today our soldiers choose that job as their free will and got paid well for "killing".

Most of them, not all, but most of them, also join for an idea....because I'll tell you right now, the money's not that good.