PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to meet for the Holidays????

Sihing73
11-03-2001, 06:05 PM
Hello,

Have not had much luck with this in the past but thought I would give it another shot. With the upcoming holidays I was wondering if anyone would like to meet for a friendly get together. This does not ahve to be a big deal, maybe dim sum or, Hot Dogs Just for you Peter :D

Anyhow, this would be for those in the NY/NJ/PA area and anyone willing to travel to a central location. Just wanted to see if anyone wanted to try this.

Peace,

Dave

Slayer
11-03-2001, 07:58 PM
I think that is a good idea. Although I live in the California area. It would be nice to have a banquet of sort where the Wing Chun guys can meet, the whole point is to ring in hte holidays and of course discuss our art with each other. If you do this you may want to reserve a whole resturant or something, being that we are all discussing our art, we my want to excange informtion in a way other than talking.

Slayer

"I never let my schooling interfere with my edcuation"
- Mark Twain

mun hung
11-04-2001, 12:44 AM
As always, I am always anxious to meet any Wing Chun practitioners in the New York tristate area for discussion, sparring and/or a good meal!

With all the WC schools in our area, I still don't understand why we never get more than a few guy's to show up for any fellowships.

How about some Philly cheesesteaks from Geno's, Dave? Will you deliver?

BTW - what happened to you?

Sihing73
11-04-2001, 01:36 AM
Hi Mun Hung,

I was in West Chester, NY and Westport, CT this weekend. I did not receive the e-mail from Marcus until Friday and actually did not see it till last night when I got back. I had to teach a class in Trenton Friday night and went to White Plains to train in the Pekiti Tirsia with a friend of mine right after class was done.

I replied to Marcus e-mail and stated I will be in NY again, for a weekend visit, around the 30th. I will need to get the address for the school in order to meet with you guys.

I will be in NYC each week but being that this will be on weeknights, Tuesdays, time will most likely not permit us to meet as I take the train and have to work the next morning. However, at least once a month, I will be training in White Plains and could spend more time in NYC allowing us the chance to meet. I ask that we firm things up a couple of weeks in advance to insure things go smoothly. Again, I need to know where we can meet and have an address where we can meet. I will also be e-mailing you my cellphone number so that we can contact each other when I am in the city. I am looking forward to meeting with you, Marcus (finally ;) ) and Sifu Lee.

To give you an idea of my schedule:
I taught class in Trenton from 7:30-9:30pm then drove to White Plains. I stayed over in White Plains and trained for a bit then left my buddies house around 11:00am and drove to Westport. I stayed in Westport till about 1:00pm or so then drove home. Needless to say, I had very little time to rest or do anything else. I have also been very busy with work and family and have also been trying to set up a meeting with another martial artist near Exton. This guy was trained with Earl Montegue(sp?) and does Tai Chi and Hsing Yi and we want to get together to discuss his methods and Wing Chun. I also have a Southern Praying Mantis Sifu in the Baltimore area who has wanted to meet with me for some time as well. Plus there are plenty of Wing Chun guys I would like to meet as well. If I had more time and less intrusions of life I would be much happier. But, don't despair, I am sure we will soon meet and move forward from there.

As to the Genos' cheesesteak, I am not sure that Pat's would not be better. Also, there is a place near my house called Leos' which makes the best cheesesteaks in the area and I could bring some up but they will be cold by the time I get there. Still, they will be good when reheated. Hot Dogs would be easier :D

Peace,

Dave

weakstudent
11-07-2001, 02:57 PM
when are you talking about. thanksgiving or christmas or both
and were nyc if so then i'm in just email me with the details

thanks nelson

mun hung
11-07-2001, 08:56 PM
Set it up, Dave.

Martial Joe
11-08-2001, 06:41 AM
I am to young to drive anywhere...but if anyone is willing to come here I wouoldnt mind a nice meal and some training...

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

Abstract
11-08-2001, 10:14 PM
i'd be down to meet up again, but where? Are we gonna eat? Hey munhung, if you see this, i'll call you in a few ;)

-------------------------
In mildness is the strength of steel

Fei Hou
11-09-2001, 04:02 AM
This is my first post but are New Guys welcome?

Sihing73
11-09-2001, 12:48 PM
Hello All,

I am willing to give it one more try. I will ask anyone interested to e-mail me with a preferred location, Philly or NYC. Of course, since I live in Philly we know whihc one I like :D

Peter, I assume, you know what that does to me ;) , we could use your school if it was held in NYC?????

Everyone, and family, would be welcome but the New Guys have to sit at the little table with all the children ;) LOL
Just kidding :rolleyes:

I wold figure it would be best to do this around Christmas or possibly just after the New Year. I am open to suggestions and will also post this on the WCML as well. Please e-mail me with your suggestions as to location and date. This will be an informal get together to meet not a seminar. And of course, for those like Abstract, there will be FOOD :cool:

Reach me at either of the following:
sihing73@juno.com
dmcknight@rcn.com

If we can I would like to have things kind of firmed up no later than the end of November so please let me know as quickly as possible.

Peace,

Dave