PDA

View Full Version : fa_jing

IronFist
03-12-2005, 07:28 PM
I think I'm gonna go tomorrow. Are you still going? What will you be wearing so I don't have to be like "Um, who's fa_jing?"

I'll be the skinny guy in the anabolicextreme.com t-shirt who's deadlifting less than everyone else :D

fa_jing
03-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey, I met Ironfist! His shoulders are not "too big" and I didn't check this site so I didn't recognize him until after the meet. LOL ;)

For any interested, I pulled 375, 405, and 425 lbs (w/belt and chalk) and did 8 strict tactical pullups. Mucho fun. That's a huge PR for me. There was another dude lifting the exact same weights as me, which really inspired me to succeed.

What were your lifts again Iron?

IronFist
03-13-2005, 06:03 PM
I met fa_jing. He's a strong guy!!

At a bodyweight of 160 I pulled 300 and then 325 with chalk but no belt. I was feeling the 325 a bit too much in my back so I skipped my 3rd attempt.

18 pullups :D

My shoulders didn't look too big cuz they were hidden by a t-shirt. If I was wearing wife beater you would've seen what I mean :)

I think my friend got most of everybody's lifts on video, and I think he was talking to Shawn about getting them posted on dragondoor or something. He was recording from the side so you can't exactly tell how much weight was on the bar, but it will still be cool to see our form.

My favorite part, other than meeting everyone, was having Ed Coan's chiropractor check my squat and bench press form. Since I never had a coach when I was learning, I taught myself the lifts with the help of books, and it was good to get approval from a chiropractor who also lifts who knows what they should look like.

fa_jing
03-13-2005, 09:30 PM
That's cool! Hey I'm tripping the main reason I didn't recognize you is that you were wearing a "bodybuilder.com" or something T-shirt. I thought that was totally contrary to your philosophy :) Plus I figured since it said Trainer you were a PT. :confused: :p

IronFist
03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Nah, it said "Staff" because I'm on their writing staff. It's anabolicextreme.com. It's primarily a bodybuilding website, but there's all sorts of weightlifters there. I like bodybuilding to an extent, but my metabolism doesn't like it. So, I prefer "powerbuilding" which is like a combination of powerlifting and bodybuilding. In other words, I want to develop muscles so I look proportional and athletic, but I want to be really strong, too.

fa_jing
03-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Full-time or Part-time?

IronFist
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
For AE? Part-time I guess. I'm just a freelance author. I have a full-time job where I live.

IronFist
03-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey, do you want me to send you some stills of your lifts? Or do you have AIM? I could email vids of your lifts and your pullups.

Mo Lung
03-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Attach some pics here, bro. I'd be keen to see them, if you don't mind.

Samurai Jack
03-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Attach some pics here, bro. I'd be keen to see them, if you don't mind.

Hear hear!

Ford Prefect
03-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Sounds like a cool meet. Congrats on competing guys.

fa_jing
03-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Oh yeah, thanks man please send whatever you've got of me. fajingk@yahoo.com Guess your friend didn't film the Kettebell demo?

Can't wait to see the video of me deadlifting, at home with the sound turned up. I set a gym record in primal screaming!! :eek: :D

IronFist
03-15-2005, 01:27 PM
The DL vids are kind of hard to see cuz they're from the side so you can't really see how much weight is being used, but the side angle allows you to see your form well. Your screaming may be loud, but nothing is louder than my "controlled drop" of my weights after my 2nd attempt :) How big of an attachment can you receive at yahoo? The biggest I can send is 10 megs. The DL vid should be under that, but I'm not sure about the pullup vids (cuz they're longer and therefore bigger files).

I was gonna start a new thread called like "Pics of IronFist and fa_jing at the meet," and post some stills. Is that cool with you?

ewallace
03-15-2005, 02:05 PM
Google's email (gmail.com) gives you 1 gig of space. If either of you need an invite to get an address (they aren't given to the general public yet) I have a couple invites I can send out.

fa_jing
03-15-2005, 02:23 PM
sure, post the pics, fine by me. Thanks Iron. I can send up to 10 megs too so I assume I can receive the same. The pullup vid isn't as important. Though I'd still like to see it.

LOL @ my apparent 155 lb deadlift with a yell!

I remember that, you threw the weight down! Hey I saw you have great flexibility - maybe you are too flexible? I mean OLY lifters are known for being flexible, and I saw a WSM competitor drop into the splits after the stone lift...but all the same, for some people being too flexible can lead to injury or just lower your ability to lift heavy. Pavel recommends to be only as flexible as you need to be either to perform a task or to feel healthy.

IronFist
03-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I just don't like lowering the weight slowly, especially on a PR attempt. If I'm deadlifting lighter weights I lower it slowly. But I figured I barely got it up so I'm not gonna strain to lower it.

Besides, I asked the judge before hand if it mattered how slowly we lowered it and he said no :)

I'll try to email you the vid and get some stills posted when I get home tonight.

fa_jing
03-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Well no, I don't think anyone should lower slowly on a heavy deadlift. But you do usually hold onto the weight until it is past your knees I think. Not actively resisting but just letting it pull you over. This seems to reduce the crash but there is still a big crash of course.

IronFist
03-16-2005, 10:18 PM
I never drop it. I always follow it completely down to the ground; I just do so really fast.

After I post this I'm going to email your DL vids to your email address that you posted. Sorry this is taking so long but I've been totally busy at work and I didn't even get to leave today until almost 10pm. Booo.

IronFist
03-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Um you were wearing black pants and a white t-shirt, right? I don't want to send you the wrong vids :D

fa_jing
03-17-2005, 12:48 AM
That's me. Very interesting to see my DL form. My hips start way high and my back starts and stays rounded until lockout. Maybe that's why my back gets so sore from deadlifting. Other than that, believe it or not I'm happy with my form. Because I think I'm pulling in the right plane with my bodyweight behind me.