PDA

View Full Version : Mod Nazis?

cerebus
03-13-2005, 11:38 PM
So what happened to the "Shaolin-D'oh" thread? Did a Mod Nazi "moderate" it? And if so, why? There was nothing on it that warrented deleted it.

Jhapa
03-14-2005, 08:51 AM
are you talking about this thread?

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32782

GeneChing
03-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Since we did our forum update, our search engine isn't functioning properly, so you can't always get a complete search of the database. We will be working on it, but our webmaster is engaged in a huge project with one of our other sites, so it's on the backburner. You have to do searches manually. Sorry about that.

And if you're going to accuse our moderators of totalitarianism, we prefer that you keep it in context - we'd rather be called warlords or emperors, or even red guard commies, not nazis... ;)

Vash
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I r00l the JKD forum with an iron tongue.

Take that as you will. :confused:

GeneChing
03-14-2005, 11:09 AM
I thought you were talking about another old thread, cerebus. Too bad - **** happens and threads get moderated. Strike another blow for the Red Mods!!

BTW, did you like my cereberus references (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=576) in my Shaolin Trips column?

cerebus
03-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Heh, heh! Yeah, thanks for sneaking my name (or a variation thereof) into the article Gene! :D

But why was my thread deleted? I didn't violate any of the forum rules. Is free speech, within reason, no longer allowed here? What gives? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Starchaser107
03-15-2005, 09:15 AM
the thread was a tad bit disrespectful and out of line, I know I contributed to it...but it was just so funny. Anyway, I can totally understand why it woyuld have been deletorated.

Vash
03-15-2005, 09:48 AM
deletorated.

Second best Delete-variation EVAR.

GeneChing
03-15-2005, 10:28 AM
... so I can't really say. Were you that emotionally attached to it?

Starchaser107
03-15-2005, 10:54 AM
It was basically just poking fun at Golden Cyclops and Golden Cyborgs of sd. A movement in a taiji form they practice, which is otherwise known as "Buddha's attendant splits the mortar" turned into "Golden Living Staue splits the mortar" to "Golden Cyborg©™ splits the mortar."

Oso
03-15-2005, 11:51 AM
It was basically just poking fun at Golden Cyclops and Golden Cyborgs of sd. A movement in a taiji form they practice, which is otherwise known as "Buddha's attendant splits the mortar" turned into "Golden Living Staue splits the mortar" to "Golden Cyborg©™ splits the mortar."

ok, where the hell did they get 'cyborg' from...Golden Living Statue would have obviously meant a 'golem' not a 'cyborg'

Judge Pen
03-15-2005, 12:22 PM

Nah, that thread is still going. The "D'oh" thread did get more inflammatory than usual for an SD thread, if I remember, but I cant' recall what about it was so bad now.

Oso, go to the "Is Shaolin-Do for Real?" thread in the Shaolin forum and read all about cyborg's pounding mortar. It's a rather amusing conversation.

MasterKiller
03-15-2005, 12:54 PM
JP,
Cerebus started a new "D'oh" thread to discuss the Golden Cyborg*™ movement.

I still think Sin The's second movie should be called Grandmaster 2: Kung Fu Cyborg.

red5angel
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM

holy crap, are you serious?! golden cyborg?!

PHILBERT
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
I thought the threads left traces to say they were removed. When I deleted a thread over on the internal board, it said that I removed it.

GeneChing
03-15-2005, 01:00 PM
...if we coudl compress all the SD debates to one thread, I'd be much happier. As stated earlier, there's a fine one down in our Shaolin Forum and you can post about cyborgs to your heart's delight.

BTW, did I hear right that Jim Carrey is going to play the Six Million Dollar Man?

MasterKiller
03-15-2005, 01:03 PM
I thought the threads left traces to say they were removed. When I deleted a thread over on the internal board, it said that I removed it.

*SLAP* You are not a moderator on this board. That's why you can't see it.

Judge Pen
03-15-2005, 01:08 PM
holy crap, are you serious?! golden cyborg?!

As best I can gather, with thanks to GT, who was there when Sin The first taught out a new form, and Sean_Stonehart who brought another translation to my attention, GM The was speaking of mythical guradians (Arahats if you compare the lyrics to Chen 83 to SD's lyrics to the same form) and comparing them to mythical beings such as the Cyclops, but he got the terms confused and started saying Cyborg. So now some refer to a particular form as "Golden Cyborg traps Mountain Tiger" or something like that.

Likewise, in SD's lyrics to Chen 83, he says Cyborg pounds the mortar instead of Arahat pounds the mortar.

We tried to compress the threads once Gene. They died down for a while and then started back up anew. Besides if there weren't 14 SD threads going at one time, what would we do to entertain ourselves?

PHILBERT
03-15-2005, 01:09 PM
So I havent gotten the hang of the new forum yet, sue me.

red5angel
03-15-2005, 01:16 PM
ok JP, so Golden Cyborg is official SD material now?

MasterKiller
03-15-2005, 01:22 PM
ok JP, so Golden Cyborg is official SD material now? It will be once Sin travels back in time to save mankind's eventual saviour from another Cyborg bent on killing him to prevent an SD revolution in the year 2057.

PangQuan
03-15-2005, 01:38 PM
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oso
03-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Oso, go to the "Is Shaolin-Do for Real?" thread in the Shaolin forum and read all about cyborg's pounding mortar. It's a rather amusing conversation.

awww...do I have too???

Judge Pen
03-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Lol, no but that term has apparently stuck around. I didn't know about it until that thread actually. The form in question is "Ching Kang Fu Hu Chien" I always called it "Golden Mountain Tiger Trap" (Which seems to be the consensus looking at the various SD websites' translations. Some variations include the SDA site, which has it listed as "Golden Metal Man Tiger Trap" Atlanta's site has it listed: Jin Gang Fu Hu Quan - "Wu Sung Defeats the Tiger"

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32782&page=82&pp=10

The link to the page where GT says the misnomer was funny and kind of stuck.

MasterKiller
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
"Jingang" is a Buddha's Warrior Attendant. What does "Wu Song" mean?

Edit--Just saw Sean's post in the other thread.

Judge Pen
03-15-2005, 02:18 PM
"Jingang" is a Buddha's Warrior Attendant. What does "Wu Song" mean?

Edit--Just saw Sean's post in the other thread.

I don't know. Atlanta is the only one that lists the form that way.

"Ching Kang" is to "Jingang" as "chien" is to "chuan." So the translation of the form's name seems to be "Buddha's Warrior Attendant Traps Tiger Fist"

GeneChing
03-15-2005, 02:50 PM
See our July August 2002 issue (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=234).

As for compressing all the SD threads, I can dream, can't I?

Judge Pen
03-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Hmmm. Interesting. From Gene's article:

"Wu Song, the Tiger Slayer
Wu Song is one of the most remarkable and respected heroes in The Water Margin. Wu Song was the top Bo Tau (police chief ) before he was forced to become an outlaw. He is famous in Chinese legend for killing a notorious man-eating tiger with his bare hands; (Wu Song Da Hu) is the meaning of extreme courage in China."

I guess that's where Atlanta get's the name of its form, but "Jingang" sounds like "ching kang" to me.

red5angel
03-15-2005, 03:20 PM
speaking of the Water Margin....are there any good movies based on that set of stories?

omarthefish
03-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Only one really crappy one that I know of but if you understand Chinese, there's a FANTASTIC TV series of about 35-40 episodes that was very true to the book and done very sincerely. Great fun. Unfortunately, it's never been dubbed or subtitled to my knowledge. :(

GeneChing
03-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, you'd have to actually *buy* the issue, but I have an article in there titled All Men are Brothers: Ther Martial Arts Masterpiece of Outlaws of the Marsh in which I give an overview of movie attempts to make OotM, starting with the 1950 version Bandits of the Marsh through the versions that tapped on stars like John Woo, Maggie Cheung, Donnie Yen, Ti Lung, David Chaing, Chan Koon Tai, Bolo Yeung, Joey Wang and others. I even touch on the 1999 adult version Water Margin: Heroes' Sex Stories and the Aaron Kwok Sci Fi version, 108+ that was in development. See? It pays to read Kung Fu Tai Chi :cool:

rubthebuddha
03-15-2005, 09:49 PM
for the record, i baleted the thread. as several have pointed out, we've had enough sd threads for this reality and about 37 others. as has also been mentioned, the shaolin forum has a "perfectly good" sd thread already. i'm all for compressing, and i can't recall a thread on sd that didn't turn retarded. retards are fine and dandy, but i'd rather they stick to managing houston's traffic management and construction.

BM2
03-16-2005, 12:03 AM
But the SD thread over on the Shaolin forum has degraded ( is that possible?) into something akin to a Jerry Springer show ;)

cerebus
03-16-2005, 01:15 AM
So what you're saying is that a particular subject can only be mentioned on so many threads at any one time? Then post the number of times it can be mentioned so people don't get their threads deleted. It was actually the most arbitrary and uncalled for deletion I've ever seen here. Whereas other threads that included racial slurs and threats of death and physical violence have been left by the mods for ridiculously long periods (not recently, but it is not unusual on this forum).

That's one of the problems with America. Everyone's priorities are skewed. Show all the death and violence you like on TV, movies and videogames, but don't say anything that might conceivably considered "politically incorrect" :rolleyes: .

So I guess it's official. No one on this forum is allowed to laugh at the foolishness of Shaolin-Do. You will have your thread deleted if you do. Racial slurs and threats of violence, however, are fine. Shaolin-Do, you now officially rule the mods on this forum, have fun.

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 07:15 AM
Cerebus,
It's been established that if you want to diss Shaolin-Do you have to show us your nipples.

Judge Pen
03-16-2005, 07:41 AM
So I guess it's official. No one on this forum is allowed to laugh at the foolishness of Shaolin-Do. You will have your thread deleted if you do. Racial slurs and threats of violence, however, are fine. Shaolin-Do, you now officially rule the mods on this forum, have fun.

Aw come on. Don't be that way. Come to the shaolin forum and post on the mega-thread there. Laugh with us.

And never mind MK. He has developed a male nipple fetish.

red5angel
03-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Well, you'd have to actually *buy* the issue, but I have an article in there titled All Men are Brothers: Ther Martial Arts Masterpiece of Outlaws of the Marsh in which I give an overview of movie attempts to make OotM, starting with the 1950 version Bandits of the Marsh through the versions that tapped on stars like John Woo, Maggie Cheung, Donnie Yen, Ti Lung, David Chaing, Chan Koon Tai, Bolo Yeung, Joey Wang and others. I even touch on the 1999 adult version Water Margin: Heroes' Sex Stories and the Aaron Kwok Sci Fi version, 108+ that was in development. See? It pays to read Kung Fu Tai Chi :cool:

I may have that issue. I have an issue where the Water MArgin is discussed in several articles.....

He has developed a male nipple fetish

Developed?! You imply sir that at some point he had to not have a male nipple fetish.....

GeneChing
03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
People are always saying how we should add a new forum - a shuai jiao forum, a wushu forum, an instructors forum - the way we are going, strictly based on post stats, maybe we need a shaolin-do forum. Is that what you want? Or would you rather a nipple forum? This is a family show remember, so it would have to be male nipples (whazzup with that double standard?) :rolleyes:

Sorry, no new forums here. We got enough already...

red5angel
03-16-2005, 10:13 AM
maybe we need a shaolin-do forum. Is that what you want? Or would you rather a nipple forum?

why can't they be the same thing?

red5angel
03-16-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm just saying I think bewbs and shaolin do are a natural match up :D

GeneChing
03-16-2005, 10:37 AM
nipplage and SD are one already. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32782&page=60&pp=15)
See now why we don't need more SD threads? Been there, done that... :cool:

Golden Tiger
03-16-2005, 11:24 AM
As I seem to have started this cyborg mess, allow me to explain. When I showed the characters to a chinese friend of mine, she ( :p ) translated them as Ching Kang (a strong, fighting warrior in their equivilent of mythology. When I asked to describe it in something modern, she had trouble. I then told her the cyborg/cyclops translation and she said that strong, powerful warriors like that would be a fair translation.

She then said that the "Fu Hu" characters are a reference to Wu Sung who held down the tiger as told me the story of that.

So, if I was being told the background years ago about an arahat...I would have had the slightest idea what it was. Perhaps he used a image that most of us at least had an idea about.

Its funny, here we have a bunch of people that barely speak english let alone either chinese dialect and they are all in a tizzy over a translation, then here is this chinese lady that reads the characters and the translation and has no issues with it at all. Oh well, at least were are off the nipple thing for a while.

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 11:54 AM
You would think Sin The', being the recipient of the last true Shaolin transmission, should know what an Arhat or Lohan is...Wouldn't you?

Judge Pen
03-16-2005, 12:02 PM
You would think Sin The', being the recipient of the last true Shaolin transmission, should know what an Arhat or Lohan is...Wouldn't you?

He was saying the students wouldn't have known and might need an analogy. With that in mind he could have called the form "Daniel Boone wrassles Kentucky Wildcat!" That's an analogy that everyone in Lexington would have followed. :p

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Sin The': This movement is called "Lohan pounds the mortar."

Student: What's a Lohan?

Sin The': A strong guardian angel in Buddhist mythology.

That would have cleared it up, no?

Golden Tiger
03-16-2005, 01:00 PM

Sin The': A strong guardian angel in Buddhist mythology.

"A strong guardian angel" would most likely bring an imagine of Michael Landon post Little House or a fairy looking one from Disney. "Buddhist" would bring to mind a middle aged pudgy bald guy rubbing his belly. Not that clear at all even from the definition of the all mighty MK.

His discription and translation worked just fine.

Judge Pen
03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
"A strong guardian angel" would most likely bring an imagine of Michael Landon post Little House or a fairy looking one from Disney. "Buddhist" would bring to mind a middle aged pudgy bald guy rubbing his belly. Not that clear at all even from the definition of the all mighty MK.

I liked my definiton better.

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 01:49 PM

Yeah, "Cyborg" really seems to put all the pieces together, huh?

And Buddha wasn't fat. Don't you guys know anything?

David Jamieson
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
does this cyborg have neeples?

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 02:33 PM
does this cyborg have neeples?

The model in Grandmaster 2: Kung Fu Cyborg has nipples. That's what makes him so dangerous, and that's why Sin has to go back in time to stop him!

David Jamieson
03-16-2005, 02:36 PM
are these nipples guns or dart launchers? Cause if they're not then they're just vestigial.

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
They're actually hammers that are strong enough to pound mortar.

GeneChing
03-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Now I'm really not sure what this thread has become - another ***** session about the mods, another ***** session about SD or a celebration of cybernetic nipples. I'm going to consider it the last one, since we already have way too many of the first two.

David Jamieson
03-16-2005, 02:45 PM
well, in my humble opinion, nipples are a good thing. I like my own but remain suitably unimpressed with those of other men. However, when it comes to girl nipples, they all have an appeal to them. My personal favourites are half dollar with a raspberry perched on top.

Maybe it's an evolutionary thing regarding mens fascination with the fairer sexes nipples, or maybe I have a fetish, I don't know and I don't care.

More nipple talk!

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 02:47 PM
I heard that Jackie Chan was going to play the part of the Cyborg nipples. I don't want to spoil the script for you, but the left one is good and the right one is evil. Jackie plays both parts in an Oscar-caliber performance not seen since VanDamm's "Double Team."

Somehow, Sin The' got James Earl Jones to do the voice of the evil nipple.

red5angel
03-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Now I'm really not sure what this thread has become - another ***** session about the mods, another ***** session about SD or a celebration of cybernetic nipples. I'm going to consider it the last one, since we already have way too many of the first two.

Gene, you seemed to be having a problem understanding just how felxible and eerily omniscient the subject of nipples is. Mods, SD and Nipples are so closely related it's a wonder they aren't ALWAYS in the same discussion! :D

ewallace
03-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Sin The': This movement is called "Lohan pounds the mortar."

Sin The': Left Hand.

Student: What's a Mortar?

Sin The': Son if you haven't figured that out by now you have no business in Shaolin-Do.

David Jamieson
03-16-2005, 02:51 PM
*james earl jones voice* "this, is CNN and I am an evil nipple and luke's father"

it writes itself!

Judge Pen
03-16-2005, 02:59 PM
well, in my humble opinion, nipples are a good thing. I like my own but remain suitably unimpressed with those of other men. However, when it comes to girl nipples, they all have an appeal to them. My personal favourites are half dollar with a raspberry perched on top.

Personally I prefer quarter sized with a pencil eraser on top. We should start a poll.

wdl
03-16-2005, 03:01 PM
It's so scary it might actually make it in theaters. Austin Power's makes millions, why not a Jackie Chan flick with an evil twin nipple! Haha, I love it. We'll have one liners like, "Shagadelic Baaby" for years to come. What a wonderful place it will make the world. Peace for a generation.. blah blah blah.

In all honesty, and this is going to sound weird coming from an SD guy. Does the storyline really matter? When was the last time you paid attention to the mind blowing oscar winning storyline of a Jackie Chan saga? As long as he jumps from moving trains to flying motorcycles while doing double back tucks it's not really going to matter.

-Will

ewallace
03-16-2005, 03:13 PM
why not a Jackie Chan flick with an evil twin nipple!
Two words: Total Recall

GeneChing
03-16-2005, 04:17 PM
Mods, SD and Nipples are so closely related it's a wonder they aren't ALWAYS in the same discussion Of course! That's so obvious. Why didn't I see it before? :eek:

Judge Pen
03-16-2005, 05:05 PM
It's so scary it might actually make it in theaters. Austin Power's makes millions, why not a Jackie Chan flick with an evil twin nipple!
I was thinking of "The Man with the Golden Gun" Scaramanga! He had three nipples!

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 05:10 PM
Now you guys are just being silly.

David Jamieson
03-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Now you guys are just being silly.

..your point being? :p

wdl
03-16-2005, 08:20 PM
..your point being? :p

That's the coolest thing you've ever said.

MK: Atleast it's more entertaining than the typical banter.

-Will

MasterKiller
03-16-2005, 09:50 PM
*SLAP* I was joking.

BM2
03-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Arhat pinches the nipple.