PDA

View Full Version : Awareness, Platform, Energtics, Connectivity, lineage and transmission

Hendrik
03-14-2005, 10:16 AM
This is a post that I would like to share about my view and notes with some WC brothers and sisters.

However, this post is certainly not for EVERYONE. So, if you think it is not for you. Please disregard this post.

From my view, I have brought up different models. These models are a way how I summarized the contents of what I have been studying for past few decades. They are not the only models, not the only Truth. But, it is what IMHHO think it is suitable to understand an Chinese Buddhism/daoisn related art. It is like a map.
There can be lots of different paths in the map to go to the same place. Thus, A map is not an instruction of what to do but it is about seeing a big picture and direction if someone decided to go some where.

so with the map we dont go to Sydney Australia by driving North From LA.

Awareness:

1, Awareness, IMHHHO, without the Awareness, one practically can do one thing over and over again and going no where. One can following a path like a programmed robot doing a certain things when the master turn on the switch but has no idea what is what. Awareness is extremely important, it is the soul of an art. if one doesnt recognize this. then one's progress is predictable. One can go to the same school, same sifu, same physical fitness....etc. With or without developing and growing the AWARNESS. that make a heaven and earth different.

People might questin me if I am trying to preach a cult or even make joke or even insult.... as soon as I brought out Awareness and Zen and Buddhism...etc. But then fact is that I am trying to present--- in Zen there is a process and training of this Awareness. Such as in Surangama sutra, volume 5, under the EAR organ chapter or the practice of Kannon or Kwan Yin boddhisatva.

There, it talks about Entering the Stream, the begining of Awareness training, the Mas Oyama description of Zen and other Zen and Martial art related topic can be traced and verified with this Chapter.

http://online.sfsu.edu/%7Erone/Buddhism/Shurangama/ps.ss.02.v5.020526.screen.pdf

There the detail Training of the process of Awareness are described. it is not something Religious or blind faith, it is a practiced what the Zen masters and Buddhist Kung Fu pioners over the past thousand of years had practiced.

Another issue of developing the Awareness is that Humanity, discipline, or what was called precepts where also taught in the same sutra under volume 6, the Three non-outflow studies chapter.

http://online.sfsu.edu/%7Erone/Buddhism/Shurangama/ps.ss.02.v6.020526.screen.pdf

That is because, to give a person a great tool one must also give him/her away to handling him/herself otherwise it will be a chaos screw up while travelling this path.

In additional, to those who believe on Ven. Hsu Yun or Kaw Jee grandmaster as thier Great grandmaster of WCK. These above is not to be taken litely because this is the core essence of Ven Hsu Yun and Ven Hsuan Hua. This is the Jewel of Jewels of Zen.

I brought this sutra up because one needs to have a solid reference on what one is traiining in. And so we know, the Buddha's teaching, the patriach's practicing, the sutra, the methodology. all are in alignment. it is not my make up, the patriach's make up. but it is a methodology which has been practiced and succesfully produce lots of capable person in Zen for past thousand of years.

otherwise, who knows what will lead to what?

Hendrik
03-14-2005, 10:41 AM
IMHHHHHO

2, Platform, Energetics, and Contact ability.

IMHHO, these three inter related Item are so integrated naturally together that one has to be able to aware of and see the insight scoop and the core key.

IE:
Take a motorcycle, a motorcycle platform, Energetics , and contact ability.

The motorcycle platform is not a statically stable platform because it doesnt sit on its own wheels and stable while in static. it needs a stand to support its stability.

With a structure of riding on the two wheels even it is not stable staticly; its provide an energetics dynamic that it can run in high speed. Provided the up/down, left/right, front/back the 6 direction dyanmic force vectors are in equilibrium while it is running. Thus, the motorcycle can travel with high speed, manual with different degree of freedom. provided the rider aware and know how to handle the motorcyle. That is the Energetics characteristics.

Contact ability is that the motorcyle can carry load, however, how effective it can pull another car? it can push another motorcycle? How telescopic it is when it link while on the run?....etc.

So, the Platform, the energetics, and the contact capability of a motor cycle, a car, a train ... a BMW SUV, a goat Pulled Cart, a Goat pulled BMW SUV are all different.

And if one choose a Goat Pulled BMW SUV platform, then the energetics, and the contact capabilities are defined automatically.

An ofcorse, one always has to AWARE of a BWM X6 SUV is not a Goat Pulled BMW SUV. and not to expect the GOAT pulled is similar to the X6. and not to compare a Goat Pull BMW to a Chiken Pulled BMW. one is Goat one is Chicken.

And saying these above, one cannot just making the "just Do it" comment which in term of AWERENESS realm means dont think but using AWARENESS to guide and execute.

Do what? what platform? enegertics? contact ability? because similar to once one order the coffee. the cup, the coffee, the water ... all comes together. if it is WCK then it is WCK it cannot be Hung Gar. if it is White CRane it cannot be using the Mantis Fajing.

Hendrik
03-14-2005, 11:04 AM
IMHHHO,

3, Lineage

lineage in TCMA, TCM, Zen, Doaism in China. is about a process which has been succesfully produce a certain desire result. So, it is not a lable, it is not about doing things different only. it is an Alive process. or a specific process lively produce a certain desire result.

So, when one is called a abcd lineage meaning one has that process of specifically how the abcd school produce a certain desire result.

It is very different to John smith school or Art Black school. it is about John Smith proven process and Art Black proven process. of cause, the Art Black proven process might be from a evolution of John smith. but the process can be identified and known very clearly why Art Black proven process is needed or different and the result produce.

4, Transmission, in Chinese art, having a Transmission is about Quality Technological transfer in today's word.

So, a person with a lineage Transmission means this person has the Quality Technological Transfer.

And, IMHHHO, a lineage Transmission is complicated stuff. it involved Kuein Kuit or the platform, energetics characteristics, contact capability theory/philosophy, and the Sum fat which is the Insight Scoop of the proven process. otherwise, one cannot said one has a transmission.

finally,
Often, IMHHO, people ask for the details of a ceratin lineage from me and getting really upset or starting with insult and bunch of negative with my answer of ---- go to bai si to who has the informatin, or I might not have the transmision, or I might not Aware of what is the platform, etc. or oftern one tries to 'steal ' others technology via copying video tapes... etc

IMHHO, this has a big issue on personal characteristics on -- NON Appreciation.

Say if I am sick, A guy can tell me---- you have that sickness go to a particullar doctor if you want to get heal. and if I react with, "come on give me the medicine instead of appreciate of his direction and quicky go to the doctor". what kind of screw up mentailty I have?

Not to mention, A sifu is the person who responsible for the Transmission or a sifu is the one responsible for the quality technology transfer. and how long a Quality technology tansfer is needed? according to Mas Oyama, Oyama has a slogan to those who trains with him. "Ten Thousand days with a beginner's heart, do a punch until it is yours." does one has those type of foundation?. What to talk about secret? what to talk about the deep art without that ten thousand days with a beginners heart training? without appreciation, even if others give one a biilion dollars one will still empty inside one's heart because the heart is constantly reside in there is something better you didnt give me. instead of "Ah Ha I know this and I can make this work even better or Ah Ha this is my sickness". I dont like to pick on people or tease people as Rene :D think I am. I am not I am just shocking the things to show different views. and that is not going to win a popular contest but hey can we all help each other to grow? and to grow it needs to learn different view and change . otherwise how is things going to grow? stuck in a place feel secure but the world has changes so fast so much. who is going to wait for one? IMHHHO.

IMHHHO, It is absurd with the mental attitude of thinking getting a certain "secret' details will be able to master an art. IMHHHO, people needs to wake up. look at those Muay Thai people, BJJ people, Boxers, Kyokushin.... how did they train thier art? what is there platform, enegenertics, contactivity. transmission of art .... IMHO, I always wonder how far can a NON appreciation person growth? Since I am a Kyokushin also, I really appreciate the Reality of train a punch until it is yours idea. I dont see there is secret. But I do see Mas Oyama's Awareness Zen OSU! philosophy/Training does make Kyokushin different.
IMHHHO, WCK has no different then Kyokushin when it is about Training. Awareness, go beyond limit.... Same OSU!

A map doesnt show which path to take but a big picture to not getting lost. a path is one's own choice after one decide where to go.

Just my IMHHHHHHo. and I can be dead wrong. just some thoughts of mine which represent nothing more then my thoughts. and I have lots which I still need to learn.

PaulH
03-14-2005, 01:47 PM
You pour your heart and soul into these posts. Thank you!

Hendrik
03-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Just to share,

Some have written me about how to develop awareness.

Since I love and praise every lineages to develop thier process, I would suggest to all to learn from you own lineages, for every lineages have their greatness and strenght.

as for those who asked me the general basic of how I view the development of Awareness. I have 2 simple general methods.

1, go to a swiming pool or river, get it to the level that only the neck is out of water. be in there and doing your SLT/SNT or punching or kicking to aware of one's body, current, floating force.... etc

2, go to a senoir home or orphanage or any place needs volumtier help, serve the less fortunate with true caring there while observe one's own thought and others needs.

1 will let one aware of one's body and movements. 2, will let aware of one's thoughts and awareness.

these are basic I think will help one greatly on Awareness be it in WCK or in daily living. IMHHHO

Hendrik
03-14-2005, 04:28 PM
You pour your heart and soul into these posts.

ST. Pual,

there are no heart and no soul but posts.

PaulH
03-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Just Paul will do, por favor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! =)

Hendrik
03-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Another Sharing,

Some WCners have emailed me askiing about my opinion on what kind of platform WCK has.

IMHHO, depend on one's lineage, since every lineage has a uniqueness,
in general, the three sets SNT, CK, and BJ or the Yik Kam four section SLT set had defined the platform, energetics, and contact ability clearly.

Thus, IMHHO, it is very important to preserve what one can found as it is from the older generation while one can evolve the sets in the same time.

Sometimes, what we think the older verson which is not making sense will show its meaning after one develop a certain skill.

Evolution is un avoidable. however, to study and understand the older inheritance from every lineage will lead to having good insight.

just some thoughts.

Jim Roselando
03-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Hello,

Sometimes, what we think the older verson which is not making sense will show its meaning after one develop a certain skill.

I for one can attest to this! In recent months, or lets just say (after visiting Hendrik) my body has gone thru significant changes. Significant! Now! I can sample some things that I never felt before within movements I have been doing for years! Yet! It will only show meaning because the body has developed enough to feel that meaning. Your body knows!

Gotta run,

anerlich
03-16-2005, 02:19 PM
so with the map we dont go to Sydney Australia by driving North From LA.

You can't get to Sydney from LA in any direction by car, no matter how much awareness you cultivate or what models you use.

Hendrik
03-16-2005, 03:12 PM
You can't get to Sydney from LA in any direction by car, no matter how much awareness you cultivate or what models you use.

You are right.

and,
You sure have a more develop awareness compare with those who want to drive thier car North from LA to sydney.

Awareness is great isnt it?

Wong
03-17-2005, 04:36 AM
Awareness important holistic.

Happeh
03-17-2005, 10:22 AM
IMHHHO,

3, Lineage

4, Transmission, in Chinese art, having a Transmission is about Quality Technological transfer in today's word.

So, a person with a lineage Transmission means this person has the Quality Technological Transfer.

Say if I am sick, A guy can tell me---- you have that sickness go to a particullar doctor if you want to get heal. and if I react with, "come on give me the medicine instead of appreciate of his direction and quicky go to the doctor". what kind of screw up mentailty I have?

Not to mention, A sifu is the person who responsible for the Transmission or a sifu is the one responsible for the quality technology transfer. and how long a Quality technology tansfer is needed?

IMHHHO, It is absurd with the mental attitude of thinking getting a certain "secret' details will be able to master an art.

Oh my Gosh!!!!! Hendrik!!!!! That is gigantic, humoungous, huge, holy cow!!!!!!!!

I only read this one. If you want readers, you need to decrease the size or make your writings more entertaining. ;)

That lineage stuff? That sounds like some brainwashing technique I heard before. It is true about lineage being passed down and I agree that lineage can be important. That way of speaking as if "lineage" is some big super duper mega idea that requires a page of discussion sounds like that brainwashing stuff I heard. I seen this stuff in action. It can turn your brain to mush and tie you up in knots for years.

In order to take advantage of people, it is necessary to bamboozle them. A con man acts like your friend. A stockbroker convinces you how honest he is. The guys that talk like this make you so confused you cannot think straight. You hang around for a long time trying to figure out what they heck they are saying. Some of them want you to hang around becuase you pay monthly right?

Of course there are other people who talk like that to confuse you so that they can teach you. People are usually very rigid and will not accept new ideas. If you talk a lot of stuff to them, the people get confused. Then when they are confused their brain opens up and you can put new stuff into it because they are in a more receptive state. Lots of religions do this. Those priests want you to be bored. When you are bored you are not concentrating so they can sneak those holy ideas into you when you are not paying attention. ;)

What I am interested in is your use of the word "Transmission". I have not heard that a whole lot. What do you mean by "Transmission"? Could you please be concise. ;)

That part about "the guy says give me the medicine...he is a person with problems". Well, I got a problem with that statement. ;) I can understand your point of view. I wonder if you see the other point of view though. If I go to a man and he says "go to that doctor and he can give you the stuff". I don't see why demanding "the stuff" from the guy is such a bad thing. The guy is right there in front of you. He must have "the stuff" or else how could he tell you what you needed and who to go see to get it. Why won't he give it to you himself? Why does he want you to go somewhere else to some stranger to obtain something he can give you right there and then?

I disagree with the part about "secrets" also. There are some very basic ideas that apply to all kung fu and martial arts. People might label them secrets. If these very basic concepts are taught to people initially, they can, if they understand, progress more rapidly in the martial arts than a person without "the secrets".

I agree that just the possession of the secret will not make a person a master. The person has to take that secret and work it into his practice. Some people say there are no secrets. Or that a secret is only something you never heard before. That is true. It is also true that there are ideas that in my experience are purposefully hidden and never shown or shown only to long time students.

I bet your fingers really hurt after typing all of those posts huh? ;) Have a good day!

Wong
03-17-2005, 11:36 AM
China linage important

Hendrik
03-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh my Gosh!!!!! Hendrik!!!!! That is gigantic, humoungous, huge, holy cow!!!!!!!!

1, I only read this one. If you want readers, you need to decrease the size or make your writings more entertaining. ;)

2, .......I wonder if you see the other point of view though. If I go to a man and he says "go to that doctor and he can give you the stuff". I don't see why demanding "the stuff" from the guy is such a bad thing. The guy is right there in front of you. He must have "the stuff" or else how could he tell you what you needed and who to go see to get it. Why won't he give it to you himself? ....

3, There are some very basic ideas that apply to all kung fu and martial arts. People might label them secrets. If these very basic concepts are taught to people initially, they can, if they understand, progress more rapidly in the martial arts than a person without "the secrets".

what if I dont want readers and I am not entertaining?

didnt you read "However, this post is certainly not for EVERYONE. So, if you think it is not for you. Please disregard this post. " ?

2, may be s/he is the IRS and not your CPA? Go ask your companies tax office how much tax reduction you need to make. S/he will tell you --- go to talk to your CPA.

3, Go watched kungfu Hustle and you can find all the "SECRET" of Buddha's palm in that little book cost $10. cheap!!! and you can, if you understand, progress more rapidly in the martial arts than a person without "the secrets".
http://www.canmag.com/movies.php?moviekey=kungfuhustle

BTW, in the following trailer are a few SECRET of using Pak sau, from back and that TOP Top never reveal WCK SECRET --- jumping pak sau-- learn it an you will be progress more rapidly in WCK!

http://www.sonypictures.com/intl/cn/kungfuhustle/site/index_en.php

:D:D

Hendrik
03-19-2005, 01:47 PM
China linage important

Not only in China,

in india, in tibet, in all around the world where the art of great masters are to be past and preserve.

Happeh
03-21-2005, 11:14 AM

what if I dont want readers and I am not entertaining?

didnt you read "However, this post is certainly not for EVERYONE. So, if you think it is not for you. Please disregard this post. " ?

2, may be s/he is the IRS and not your CPA? Go ask your companies tax office how much tax reduction you need to make. S/he will tell you --- go to talk to your CPA.

3, Go watched kungfu Hustle and you can find all the "SECRET" of Buddha's palm in that little book cost $10. cheap!!! and you can, if you understand, progress more rapidly in the martial arts than a person without "the secrets".
http://www.canmag.com/movies.php?moviekey=kungfuhustle

BTW, in the following trailer are a few SECRET of using Pak sau, from back and that TOP Top never reveal WCK SECRET --- jumping pak sau-- learn it an you will be progress more rapidly in WCK!

http://www.sonypictures.com/intl/cn/kungfuhustle/site/index_en.php

:D:D

You can't talk to anyone these days. People get in a snit within one post without ever trying to see what is going on. Different cultures, different languages, different thought processes?

If you don't want readers and you are not entertaining, what is the point of posting here? Why not write those huge posts in your diary?

I don't understand the CPA and Tax comment at all. I think you are saying that the people involved might be working at cross purposes? Like the IRS and CPA are adversarial? I don't really care. I will take your go away comment and act on it.

Kung Fu Hustle was a good movie wasn't it? I liked the movie so much I wanted to see it again the next day.

Hendrik
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
You can't talk to anyone these days. People get in a snit within one post without ever trying to see what is going on. Different cultures, different languages, different thought processes?

If you don't want readers and you are not entertaining, what is the point of posting here? Why not write those huge posts in your diary?

I don't understand the CPA and Tax comment at all. I think you are saying that the people involved might be working at cross purposes? Like the IRS and CPA are adversarial? I don't really care. I will take your go away comment and act on it.

Kung Fu Hustle was a good movie wasn't it? I liked the movie so much I wanted to see it again the next day.

That simple, everyone take a piece which they like.

Since you like the Kung Fu Hustle, then just remember the part of my post on Kung Fu Hustle!