PDA

View Full Version : chen yong fa's choy lay fut dvd's

gwa sow
03-15-2005, 08:32 AM
has anyone ever seen these? any comments on them? i saw one recently and wasn't very impresed with it.

WanderingMonk
03-15-2005, 10:27 AM
has anyone ever seen these? any comments on them? i saw one recently and wasn't very impresed with it.

if you are talking about the set he made a couple of years ago, I got the first one and the last one on "disc". The first one was supposed to be about "basic training", I was expecting to see basic drills and it was all these stretching exercises :confused: :o :eek: :mad:

The last disc was the a form demo/lion dance/etc, it was good but nothing that I can learn from. :confused: :mad: :confused:

the one I should have gotten was the second disc of lohan gong in which there supposed to be a section on san da, but it will mean more $$$$ :confused: :mad: :confused:

gwa sow
03-15-2005, 01:38 PM
the one i saw was 18 dragon something something. it was a semenar that was tapped. dont think it even showed the whole form at once. just section by section. also didn't show aplications.

JAZA
03-15-2005, 02:01 PM
AFAIK those DVD are intended for people who assisted to king mui seminars, just as a record not as instructional tapes.

Mo Lung
03-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Correct. Those videos were taken only to be distributed to the people that attended that training seminar, as a memory aid. They weren't supposed to go on public release.

Fu-Pow
03-15-2005, 05:57 PM
I bought the video with Lohan Chigung/Kei Lun Sau. It was pretty lame. The content was Ok but definitely not a "instructional" video.

hakka jai
03-15-2005, 05:57 PM
hi all,
Is there any one that tell me if there are any Buk sing CLF sifu/instructors in the UK??????????.
Any leads would be great.

cheers
hakka jai:)

Ben Gash
03-16-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't usually teach it, but for some private tuition cash I could be tempted to dust it off ;)
If they're not for public release then why are they? :confused: Seems a bit of a lame excuse.
I've got the demo disc and the sword and sabre disc, and neither one is that great.

Fu-Pow
03-16-2005, 05:06 PM
hi all,
Is there any one that tell me if there are any Buk sing CLF sifu/instructors in the UK??????????.
Any leads would be great.

cheers

Why are you looking for Bak Sing specifically? Why not Chan or Hung Sing? :confused:

CLFNole
03-16-2005, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't limit oneself to any particular branch of CLF. Buk sing is basically hung sing with less forms. CLF is CLF each sifu has their own flare and very few are exactly alike. I know there is a CLF sifu in England, I think his name is Edmund Ng and he teached hung sing through the Fu Yuk Shu line if I recall correctly.

Regarding Chan Wing Fat's DVDs I don't think they were meant for public release. They were not even sold on their own website. I think someone from their trip tapped it and made some money for themselves. I have seen the demo one and the 18 dragon and they were different but I saw some forms I know done with a different feel so that was kind of cool. There was a good demo of a long staff by an older guy who had good power and proper staff jing.

Peace.

hakka jai
03-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi fu -pow& all,
interested in BS as it has a good fighting rep ,or so what i have read. less forms & concentrates on fighting.No Disrespect to the other branches.

cheers
hakka jai :)

CLFNole
03-16-2005, 06:44 PM
They are all good for fighting as they share the same techniques. As far as fighting goes you get out what you put in. Its the teacher that matters most. Find a CLF school watch a class and see how much emphasis there is on fighting. Most if not all CLF schools will have sparring as CLF was designed for the purpose of learning to fight in a short period of time.

Again don't have tunnel vision to one branch look at them all. Fighting comes down to the student foremost not the style.

Peace.

hakka jai
03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
hi CLFnole,
Thanks for the advice,do you of any CLF sifu from Macua at all????.

cheers

CLFNole
03-16-2005, 07:28 PM
I don't know of any CLF sifus from Macau personally. I'll check for you, but why Macau in particular?

Peace.