PDA

View Full Version : Essays Of PM Forms?

mantisben
03-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Anyone know of any English essays on Praying Mantis forms? I learned that Adam Hsu wrote a book with a number of essays. Among them was an essay on Bung Bo. That would be a great read. Unfortunately for me, it is in Chinese, as far as I know.

Anyone know of any English written essays on Bung Bo, or any other PM form?

Three Harmonies
03-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Tough one, but good question. The closest I think you can get is the Mantis Quarterly, do you have a subscription? I highly suggest it. Other than that I know of nothing that is worth mentioning. Anyone else?

Good topic.
Jake :D

mantis108
03-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Well, speaking of Mantis Quarterly, I believe Tainan has planned to submit or already submitted an article on Luanjie (aka Lanjie). As I am not involved in the publishing process of MQ, I couldn't tell you when this is going to come out. If you are interested in all things concerning Mantis, may be it is a good time to consider subscription.

Also there are some threads here that talked about forms such as Bengbu, Lanjie, Zhaiyao, Xiao Huyan, Da Fan Che, Xiao Fan Che, etc... I am not sure if the search function works as good as before since the KFM has worked on the server. Anyway, do a search and see if you can come up with something.

Now alternately, you could start writing your own essay and share it here or whichever Mantis forum so that others can share their views with you. Just some thoughts to share.

Mantis108

PS Jake, the MQ is a good call! :)