PDA

View Full Version : SLT's Platform, Energetics, and contact ability

Hendrik
03-16-2005, 08:59 AM
SLT/SNT's Platform, Energetics, and contact ability is a fun issue.

The model I use to model SLT is riding a bicycle.

What is your view and model?

Ernie
03-16-2005, 09:18 AM
SLT/SNT's Platform, Energetics, and contact ability is a fun issue.

The model I use to model SLT is riding a bicycle.

What is your view and model?

a diving board :p

Hendrik
03-16-2005, 09:42 AM
a diving board :p

care to elaborate and share your precious view?

Ernie
03-16-2005, 09:47 AM
care to elaborate and share your precious view?
nope ;)
but your more then welcome to guess :D

hint

if you think about energy , accepting , absorbing , rebounding , yielding
yet never really changing who you are

PaulH
03-16-2005, 11:35 AM
I like Gary's 5 elements model when it comes to WC energy, tactics, and strategy. As for SLT's model, the meditative sitting Bubbha is more close to its spirit, I think! =)

Hendrik
03-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Ernie, Paul,

Great generous sharing! Thanks.

Be generous, More sharing please!
so we all can learn from different view and model!

A Bicycle called SLT/SNT equip with handle bar ends , shifting, Titanium-boron steel, Chainwheel.... V-style brakes, and the very important easy to operate almost no maintenance coaster Brakes

http://www.huffybikes.com/faq/glossary.html#glossary%20index%20top

SLT on the road

http://www.specialized.com

PaulH
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Okay, Hendrik. I don't mind sharing my thought which really borrows heavily from several people's thoughts including you.

If you look at the sitting Bubbha, you find these interesting characteristics

1. Straight and relaxed back with head aligned to it.

2. Both eyes gazes inward with awareness.

3. Soft quiet breathing and hearing.

This is SLT training of body as well as mind awareness in the sitting stance. With a good awareness of what's going on inward and outward, one can then see clearly patterns of Sun Tzu's 5 elements - how energy is born, controlled, transformed, and terminated. From this understanding, one will plan and improvise wisely accordingly to chance and circumstances.

Vajramusti
03-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Paul sez:
2. Both eyes gazes inward with awareness.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((Often in Chan representation- eyes half closed- awareness
of inward as well as outward- no dualism.
Ideal of awareness (inward/outward) in good wc too IMO.

But it is not simple... with skill development more doors of awareness open up. ))

PaulH
03-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Thank you for that splendid post, Joy. I am not aware of this illuminating detail. =)

Hendrik
03-16-2005, 03:40 PM
I was having lunch this afternoon with some friends. and they ask me why all these modeling stuffs.

My reply is that IMHHO, while building and sharing models, we might clearly examine into a 4 dimentional dynamic action similar to looking at a moving hologram.

Thus,IMHHO, this is better then blindly taking the slogan of 3 points or a center line or some chinese saying which no one knows what is going on and up to intepretation; which lost the dynamic but a plain or 2 dimentional data where we might know how it fits into the big picture and dynamics flow of what is next?

Thus, IMHHO, with building and playing with a 4 diamentional model, one can have a 4 dimentional sense on what is going on, a more clear vision of what is communicate, and aware of both the inner, outside, and interaction of the phenomenon, dynamically. in stead of get caught in " I think I understand" but when looking deeper, one can not see how things are interm of both big picture, small details, and thier interaction. One's awareness on the subject will certainly grow while building and sharing the 4 dimentional model. IMHHO.

just some thoughts.

Hendrik
03-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Pual,

Placing the eyes to focus on a certain angle will triggle the brain to generate Alpha brain wave. This has been scientically proof as I have read somewhere.

all these modeling stuffs is fun because it lead one to explore and aware of what was not aware.

So, IMHHO, it is not the model but the journey to aware the un aware about ourself.

PaulH
03-16-2005, 05:15 PM
The eyes are reportedly windows into the soul. When we engage people's eyes, do we pry into the depth of their naked soul or just look? Which is better for discerning intention?

Vajramusti
03-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Paul- the eyes are just focal points but you take in everything. And square bodied---
study the pit bull- a relaxed 50 pound female pit can be a holy terror gainst Great
Danes, GS, Rotties, Akitas- you name it.

Vajramusti
03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Paul- the eyes are just focal points but you take in everything. And square bodied---
study the pit bull- a relaxed 50 pound female pit can be a holy terror gainst Great
Danes, GS, Rotties, Akitas- you name it.

PaulH
03-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks! I used to play the game of out glaring the other to see who would blink first. Always fascinate about this weird aspect! =)

Ernie
03-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Thanks! I used to play the game of out glaring the other to see who would blink first. Always fascinate about this weird aspect! =)

great now you think your a cat :rolleyes:

Vajramusti
03-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Mok lik- penetrating eye power.

A silly version of it was displayed by a character in Al Capp's old Lil Abner cartoon series who with eye power could flip you over or fling you into space...

PaulH
03-17-2005, 09:15 AM
My paternal Grandpa was a darn good hypnotist. He can put people to sleep once he locked into their eyes. Give me a mouse, and I'll be a cat, Ernie! =)

Hendrik
03-19-2005, 01:42 PM
strange that everyone is doing SLT/SNT here but not much post.

Ernie
03-19-2005, 01:54 PM
strange that everyone is doing SLT/SNT here but not much post.
SHHHHHHHHH your disturbing my awareness while being centered in stillness , inside of silence
OSU ! :p

AndrewS
03-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Paul,

I used to play that game too, until I was told that looking each other in the eye, then closing the eyes is a form of friendly cat communication. When they're staring at you, cats are basically politely waiting to interact.

Generally, I find cats infinitely preferable to monkeys.

Andrew

Hendrik
03-19-2005, 09:16 PM
SHHHHHHHHH your disturbing my awareness while being centered in stillness , inside of silence
OSU ! :p

Sweet dream, sorry to disturb your sleep. ZZZZZ. :D

Gangsterfist
03-24-2005, 11:56 AM
The SLT to me is the wing chun almanac. All the answers can be found there. It teaches the body to move as one, and to move seperately. It teaches relaxation. There should be no tension in your quads or your knees, no tension in your feet or calves in the YJKYM. There should be no tension in the upper body either. The spine should be straight in the upper part of your back. Your head should stand erect, straight up but maintain relaxation. The lumbar region and tailbone should naturally sink in (I don't like the term tuck, it seems like you should force it when you use tuck). Your weight of your upper body should now be supported by your legs and not your lower back. Hence your upper and lower body are now connected.

We focus a lot on elbow movement and elbow placement. We sink our elbow in chi sao. We see our elbows as transmitters just like the hips as well. You should keep your focus on the movements and your body and nothing else. Be AWARE of the kinetics and energies used.