PDA

View Full Version : best episode of south park ever

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-16-2005, 08:55 PM
you have to watch this weeks south park. its the best episode since the mel gibson one.

hippies take over south park and cartman has to save the world day after tomorrow/armageddon style.

Shaolinlueb
03-16-2005, 09:44 PM
agh and i missed it :(

wdl
03-16-2005, 09:58 PM
It'll be on in two minutes EST at midnight again.

I looked ahead on the satellite last night and saw the episode title of "DIE HIPPIES DIE" and decided that 12AM EST I would make a point to watch it. I will be back in 30 minutes.

-Will

Chang Style Novice
03-16-2005, 10:09 PM
I thought it kinda sucked until the very very end, but I'm often in the minority on stuff like this.

And I really hate the kind of hippies the show was bashing, so that wasn't the problem. I just didn't laugh until Cartman was playing with his radio controlled backhoe, that's all.

wdl
03-16-2005, 10:30 PM
ROFL! I love it!

Hippies can't stand deathmetal!!

-Will

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-16-2005, 11:38 PM
slayer isn't eactly deathmetal, but ill forgive that small oversite in the glee that is hearing slayer on southpark

they played reign in blood. unless i mixed it up with angle of death like i sometimes do before the vocals kick in, but i dont think so.

wdl
03-17-2005, 12:37 AM
they played reign in blood. unless i mixed it up with angle of death like i sometimes do before the vocals kick in, but i dont think so.

Yeah it was reign in blood. Your not mixed up. That was sweeeeet. The Armageddon pun was pretty good too. Never thought I'd get anything out of that movie until now.

-Will

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-17-2005, 01:04 AM
its good to have another metal head around these parts.

far too few.

Chizica
03-17-2005, 04:57 AM
Check these guys out if you like Slayer.

www.lambofgod.tv

Be careful though. If your'e at work, turn down your speakers before clicking on the link.

Shaolinlueb
03-17-2005, 09:01 AM
oh man they played slayer and i missed it! :( and it was on again at midnight. doh :( oh well have to catch it this sunday or sat.

FatherDog
03-17-2005, 09:36 AM
slayer isn't eactly deathmetal, but ill forgive that small oversite in the glee that is hearing slayer on southpark

Isn't it Reign OF Blood?

Chang Style Novice
03-17-2005, 09:52 AM
early Slayer=great

Phish=more mudbutt than a bidet in a cholera epidemic

latest rash of disaster movies=I never saw them

maybe #3 is why I couldn't get into this episode.

wdl
03-17-2005, 06:36 PM
latest rash of disaster movies=I never saw them

maybe #3 is why I couldn't get into this episode.

I know what you mean. I hated Armegeddon so it made the episode that much better.

-Will

wdl
03-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Check these guys out if you like Slayer.

www.lambofgod.tv

Not bad, I like some of the melodic sounds. The base hard sound is kinda generic to me though.

"The Virginia-based progressive metal quintet agrees this is its most natural sounding album."

I wouldn't call it progressive metal. I haven't heard anything that makes it sound distinctively different than alot of other bands. Any band I would consider a prog rock/prog metal band has got a sound all of their own.

-Will

Mutant
03-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Officer Barbrady: "Eric Cartman youre under arrest. I was just over at your house and freed 63 people that you had locked in your basement..."

Eric Cartman: "YOU LET THEM OUT?!?!?!!!"
:D

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Isn't it Reign OF Blood?

nope :) (http://www.slaytanic.com/images/covers/reign.jpg)

... because i need 10 characters ill brag about owning live undead, show now mercy, and haunting the chaple tapes all in mint condition, all the rest of their albums up to seasons, and also show no mercy lp in **** near mint condition.

Chang Style Novice
03-18-2005, 01:32 AM
I like the new ones by Mastadon and High on Fire, but it's not like I'm a serious metalhead.

wdl
03-18-2005, 02:13 AM
Right now if i listen to metal it's about 80% Killswitch Engage.
Currently I like Flaw's latest album also.

-Will

Radhnoti
03-18-2005, 07:57 PM
I liked it. I started chuckling when Cartman walked into the town meeting with the "disheveled scientist" look, his negotiating when they came to beg him for his help cracked me up too.

Oso
03-20-2005, 05:28 AM
Is it a new season already????

I cut my cable tv off in december :( :( :(

SanSoo Student
03-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Was the episode where they make fun of "The Passion of Christ" any good? :confused:

Oso
03-20-2005, 08:44 PM
yes, it was. but, really, i don't think they were making fun of the movie as much as the people who were overeacting to it.

SanSoo Student
03-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Just like they made fun of SARS by giving it to the indians to drive them away, was that dis-ease ever life threatening... :rolleyes: