PDA

View Full Version : Our New Home! www.officialeightimmortals.com

Troy Dunwood
03-21-2005, 12:10 AM
As we have been in trial and error developing our site, I believe we've finally put something together that will have duration, it is a work in progress with the new web address of www.officialeightimmortals.com and laufamilyeightimmortals.com. We will be adding never before seen information as well as video clips of authentic eight immortals kung fu as well as the soon to be released "Locking Hands" fist set of the Eight Immortals Style.

David Jamieson
03-21-2005, 06:03 AM
I love the title! It sounds official! :p

Troy Dunwood
03-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks Kung Lek,

In the coming days we will allow the world to partly see why it's the Official Site of Eight Immortals Kung Fu. This kung fu is unlike anything i've ever learned before and we've decided to share abit with the good ole folks at Kung Fu Magazine, we will make em say wow! That is to the substance of this kung fu.

jmd161
03-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks Kung Lek,

In the coming days we will allow the world to partly see why it's the Official Site of Eight Immortals Kung Fu. This kung fu is unlike anything i've ever learned before and we've decided to share abit with the good ole folks at Kung Fu Magazine, we will make em say wow! That is to the substance of this kung fu.

Mr. Dunwood,

Your Eight Immortals system is that as passed thru the Lau family as in Lau Ga?

If so, i'm curious as to what if any relation it has to the Eight Immortals system taught by Su Hak Fu of Hak Fu Muhn?

Just curious as to if you have any knowledge of it?

It is not widely known about Black Tiger's Eight Immortal sets ,but i guess i'm letting another cat out of the bag huh? :)

jeff:)

phoenix-eye
03-22-2005, 05:03 PM
jeff

I'm sure Troy won't object to me stating that the Lau 8 immortals has no relation to the two other well known Lau Ga styles - either the style commonly taught in the Uk under Jeremy Yau, or the "Lau Ga" forms that are included in some Hung Ga schools.

PE

jmd161
03-22-2005, 05:07 PM
jeff

I'm sure Troy won't object to me stating that the Lau 8 immortals has no relation to the two other well known Lau Ga styles - either the style commonly taught in the Uk under Jeremy Yau, or the "Lau Ga" forms that are included in some Hung Ga schools.

PE

Ahhh

Ok thanks phoenix-eye.

Troy Dunwood
03-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Lau Family in relation to Eight immortals is simply my teachers family name, our methods were passed down from Master Yue Ho Lung to Lau Chan Mee to Lau Chi Chung to Lau Hung to Lau Yee Chan to myself. I'm told there was a generation that preceded Yue Ho Lung as well. As to Su Hak Fu I have no information about this, only my teacher's family and our grand ancestral father Taoist master Yue Ho Lung.

jmd161
03-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Lau Family in relation to Eight immortals is simply my teachers family name, our methods were passed down from Master Yue Ho Lung to Lau Chan Mee to Lau Chi Chung to Lau Hung to Lau Yee Chan to myself. I'm told there was a generation that preceded Yue Ho Lung as well. As to Su Hak Fu I have no information about this, only my teacher's family and our grand ancestral father Taoist master Yue Ho Lung.

Got cha', thanks for the info.

kungfuyou
03-24-2005, 08:57 AM
Looks good! Can't wait until it's finished. Looks like I'm gonna have to stop by sometime and check out the classes.

Troy Dunwood
03-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Kungfuyou,

We welcome your visit, thanks.

hasayfu
03-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Sifu Dunwood,

Congrats on the new sites. Look forward to more content as you add it. I miss the pics from the old site.

Troy Dunwood
03-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Speaking on pictures, I just recently found my stash, many photos, we will need to scanned alot of them because they are old, found all the photos from the 1979 show produced by Brendan Lai and William Siu in Oakland, yes we will be adding many photos, as well as a section devoted to my Si-Hing Man Sing who will mostly talk about our Sifu and the likes. We will be adding complete visual of eight immortals skills, as well as articles on the techniques, most definitely will be the most comprehensive work from us to date.

Troy

hakka jai
03-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi there ,
while we are on the 8 drunken immortals ,what has happened to Dr .John Wing Lock Ng of six harmonies drunken boxing style ?,which i believe is a stand alone style too.

Cheers
hakka jai :)

Troy Dunwood
03-31-2005, 11:00 AM
Hello There, there are many respective styles, is the one you speak of, from Six Harmony (Luk Hop) System or is the style a created Drunken system? our style was created from the observation of those under the influence of spirited drinks, thats not to say that others are not authentic, we have a verifiable trace to our origins at wu tang with the eight immortals chi gong where it all began. Our style was created with no other influence, only by observation of human nature intoxicated. If the Six Harmony Drunken System was created as a drunken system, then we as drunken boxers should ban together to keep our discipline strong. Many people out there do not believe we are a stand alone system yet we are and if there is anyone else out there i'd like to meet them, exchange idea and theories, i'm not interested in those who teach drunken sets, I have many of them from my years in Choy Lee Fut, Hung Gar, Northern style. What makes our system unique in my opinion is some of the internal aspects made famous by the fighters of Wu Tang and mostly our sword skills. Our style is formost a internal system if that can truly be understood.

Troy Dunwood
03-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Hakka Jai, I believe in refernce to your statement the teacher you mentioned is from the Six Harmony System, and not the Six Harmony Drunken System, although the style may have it's own respective drunken set, I do not believe it was created as a drunken style!

hakka jai
03-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi sifu troy dunwood,
i read a few articles about it in IKF mag sep 1990 issue.
i think you maybe right.so sorry.

cheers
hakka jai:)

Troy Dunwood
03-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Hello Hakka Jai, no need to apologize, take care.