PDA

View Full Version : Combat Sports Challenge V

Akhilleus
03-21-2005, 07:49 AM
Hey gang...for anybody around VA/MD...there will be a mixed martial arts/muay thai event this saturday in Woodbridge, VA...I believe fights start at around 7...for more info go here...

www.combatsportschallenge.com (http://www.combatsportschallenge.com)

Right now it looks like I will be fighting muay thai in the first fight of the night, against this guy from NY...if you are going, we can meet up or just say hi or whatever after I fight...I will be in black trunks with a cobra on them...like I said, right now I am scheduled to go first...

Akhilleus
03-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Dang...those were the best MMA fights I've seen live yet...those guys were truly inspiring...and intimidating...I lost my thai match by decision...will post pics soon...

Merryprankster
03-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Akhilleus was robbed. I saw the fight. ****ty judging, IMO.

Akhilleus
03-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey Merry,
You know I was talking about kuoshu saturday night...but that night when we were eating we ran into William Varner and he told us he's got a KOTR in may...that's a good show, I think I might do that one...I really enjoyed muay thai...

Mutant
03-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Good luck man, give em hell.

Pork Chop
03-28-2005, 11:32 PM
yah, i said it in MP's thread, but I think it was the "positional dominance" rules in thai. In otherwords, your opponent wanted to pull your head down, you were "supposed" to want to keep your head up, so to them, putting your head down was losing the battle for head control. That's the only reason I can think of for them scoring blatantly blocked knees higher than cleanly landing more punches and side knees.