PDA

View Full Version : What Version of Northern Mantis is in The Book By H.B. Un

Firehawk4
03-21-2005, 11:04 AM
What version of Northern mantis is in the book by H.B. Un is it Seven Star Mantis ? And what form does he demonstrate in the book is it Bung Bo ?

BeiTangLang
03-21-2005, 11:40 AM
What version of Northern mantis is in the book by H.B. Un is it Seven Star Mantis ? And what form does he demonstrate in the book is it Bung Bo ?

Do you have this book? if so, copy the front cover & post it....someone can tell you right away. I am not familiar with the author.

Firehawk4
03-21-2005, 12:21 PM
If you scroll down on this link you will find the green book buy H.B. Un it is green and has a praying mantis picture on it .
http://ryukyu.com/id46.html

holymantis
03-21-2005, 01:21 PM
hi ,
i have seen 3 book's by H B HUN ,
5TH SON STAFF
BUNG BO
AND IF I CAN REMEMBER A BOOK ABOUT PAK MAI.
WITH SOME PHOTO'S OF SOME STUDENTS DOING 7*MANTIS AS WELL IN THIS BOOK.

REGARDS HOLYMANTIS :D

mantisben
03-21-2005, 04:34 PM

I think it is 7*Mantis and the for is Bung Bo.

Paul T England
03-22-2005, 03:24 AM
I think H B Un was WHF lineage but Incould be wrong. I will check the book when I get a chance.

Paul

FEELERSTRIKE
03-22-2005, 11:16 AM
the form is supposed to be Beng Bu Quan which he learnt from Won Hon Fun , the angles are not to great and the photos are not to clear . His other book is on 5th son staff and is again not to clear . Both books are 7 Star Mantis.

Lu Bu
03-22-2005, 12:19 PM
I have the Beng Bu book, and it's basically what feelerstrike said. The angles are pretty bad (you get to see the person doing the form towards you) and the pictures themselves are fairly low quality. Unfortunately, this book is 1/3 of my praying mantis book collection. Which makes me sad.

FEELERSTRIKE
03-23-2005, 03:23 AM
If you are after some good books on Tang Lang then check out Plumpub , they normally have a great selection and are very fast to ship them :)

ron evans
03-23-2005, 04:15 PM
Hello,
I have the bung bo book by H B Un. he studied with WHF, but I think he looks nothing like what I do or other WHF. I think his Pak Mei shows more in what he does. He is a disciple of Cheung Lai Chun. He also studied Choy Lee Fat.