PDA

View Full Version : san diego ima bagua hsing i taiji teachers?

spiraler
03-21-2005, 01:20 PM
anyone out there know any sifus out there in s.d.

frog
03-22-2005, 11:57 AM
There's a teacher on here with the screen name '7 star Method.' He teaches yang style taiji in or around San Diego. His website is at www.blacklotus-society.com.

7 star Method
03-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow, thanks for the prop!

Yes, I teach a Yang style as well as a Wu-Tang style of Tai Chi Chuan. My other art is a style called Lu Long Hsing pai, which in itself is a very simple yet complex style that uses the Five element and Paukua theories mixed into an internal dragon system. Often people say it resembles Hsing I/ Baji, I personally do not have much experience in Hsing I or Baji to make a educated comment.
I don't have a school as of right now. I just relocated and I am in the process of finding something small.

I know Mike Pattersons school is in La Mesa, but I believe that he is moving to Las Vegas very soon, but maybe you can get one of his students to accept you. As for any one else that practices Hsing I, I have not seen anything that impressive in this town.
Once again - thank you Frog...

Tao-an

LF

Samurai Jack
03-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I was going to suggest Mike Patterson too. You could also check out Jeff Thornbloom at the Internal Boxing Society in Santee (Liang Zhen Pu Pa Kua Chang, Gao style Pa Kua, and Shanzi Hsing-i), or the Taoist Sanctuary in North Park (good Chen style).

I can't resist plugging the San Diego Aikikai even though they don't teach anything chinese. Chiba Shihan was a disciple of the founder of Aikido...

spiraler
03-23-2005, 11:26 AM
cool! thanks

kungfuyou
03-24-2005, 09:14 AM
I know there's a few schools, I believe White Tiger kung fu down there also teaches Yang Style. At Balboa park they practice in the AM's. In Escondido, there's Pa Kua. I'll see what I else I can find and post. There's also "Little Nine Heavens" in Rainbow, just above Escondido.

spiraler
03-24-2005, 10:27 AM
yes thats all in my area, thanks, does anyone know the price range of a ba gua class?

7 star Method
03-24-2005, 03:46 PM
White Tiger teacher that teaches Yang style? The only person I know of that teaches White Tiger would be Joel - Doo Wai's student. If Joel is teaching yang style now - LOL!
Did you mean White Dragon?

ntc
03-24-2005, 07:09 PM
The Jing Institute of Chinese Martial Arts off of Miramar Road teaches Yang, Chen, Wu, and Sun Tai Chi styles, as well as a variety of other traditional Chinese kung fu styles. They come from the Le De Yin and Chen Zheng Li lineages.

Colloid
03-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Here's the system of Pa Kua that I study.

http://www.sdpakua.com/index.htm

frog
03-31-2005, 10:58 AM
7 star Method,

Not at all! Just trying to be useful.

(Joe)