PDA

View Full Version : Yik Kam/Cho Family Homepage

reneritchie
11-09-2001, 04:06 PM
Hi Folks,

Based on material provided by Hendrik Santo, student of the late Cho Hung-Choy sifu, we've begun putting up a new website at http://www.wingchunkuen.com/yikkam/

Yik Kam was a mid-19th century Red Junk Opera performer (classmate of Wong Wah-Bo, Leung Yee-Tai, Dai Fa Min Kam, etc.) who taught fellow performer Cho Shun. The Cho's had a martial art school in Panyu (Poon Yee), Guangdong where they taught Choy Lee Fut and local village sets. They passed down their art through the generations, with Cho Chuen's branch staying in Panyu and his brother, Cho On, moving to Malaysia in the 20th century.

In addition to their Siu Lien Tao (a long form containing four sections roughly analogus to Siu Nim Tao, Chum Kiu, Biu Jee), pole, and double knives, they also used WCK concepts to modify White Crane and Choy Lee Fut sets, giving them a much larger curriculum than most branches.

Hope folks enjoy,

Rgds,

RR

Sihing73
11-09-2001, 04:52 PM
Hi Rene,

Thanks for letting everyone know about this new site. It looked pretty nicely done, although a bit basic in design. I hope to see a little expansion giving more detail and perhaps illustrations of the various forms etc.

Overall though, it is a nice portal to introduce this approach to the rest of the world. I am assuming that when Hendrick finishes his article, I believe he is writting one, it will be added to the site.

Thanks again.

Peace,

Dave