PDA

View Full Version : Bookstores in Hong Kong

cha kuen
11-10-2001, 07:21 AM
Anyone know of any good bookstores in Hong Kong?

Thank you

L D S
11-10-2001, 11:41 AM
Buying books in HK and selling them for rippoff prices on e-bay as taichimaster06. Is that what you want?

Ling

Sihing73
11-10-2001, 01:23 PM
Hello cha kuen,

Although I can appreciate your willingness to "share" with members of this board I have to question your motivation. You have posted a few times regarding itmes you wish to sell. If your only purpose in coming here is to market your wares then please refrain from doing so. I, and I am sure others, would prefer to discuss Wing Chun not have an online shopping store :) there are plenty of those already. It seems like you are not interested in the art of Wing Chun but the art of selling whatever you can obtain for a profit. There is nothing wrong with buying and selling things for a profit but this is not the appropriate place to do this. I have also noticed you posting this type of "information" on various places on the Web. Perhaps, you should stick to e-bay and let those who have an interest come to you. Besides, offerring a VCD at a 300-400% markup does not seem like a good deal to me. :(

You have already posted about the VCD and if anyone wishes to buy from you then that is fine. Let's just not make it a habit that you are coming here to sell things. You are welcome to discuss Wing Chun but I think being a salesman is better done in another arena.

Peace,

Dave

Gluteus Maximus
11-10-2001, 02:58 PM
In your post offering the VCD for sale you said you're located in Hong Kong. Can't you just walk out the door and have a look yourself? Or try the phone book.

Max

Yooby Yoody

cha kuen
11-10-2001, 05:05 PM
I like your username.

Okay if you guys want to talk about wing chun, let's talk about wing chun.

Do you guys do your SLT for 20 minutes? I'm sure everyone from different lineages do their SLT a little different. I do mine for about 20 minutes. I stop for 1-2 minutes in the first section at :

1. tan sau
2. wu sau
3. fok sau

Left and right sides. The rest of the form I go through at normal/medium speed.

What about you guys? I'm not here to say which is right and which is wrong. I'm here to expand my knowledge of wing chun and to understand other lineage's theories.

Kristoffer
11-10-2001, 08:01 PM
.. because Im probebly going there summer 2002, I want them myself and i would not sell them to anyone. Does anyone know of this? im interested in martial art (preferebly kungfu) books only.

thx

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

Mokujin
11-11-2001, 01:32 AM
Hello-

I have often seen these heavily marked up books/ VCDs on eBay and knew it was a rip-off.

So my question will be similar as Cha Kuen's- are any of these Chinese/ Hong Kong book stores online so I can buy directly from them without being swindled by some punk on eBay??

I've seen a few wing chun books (moslty wooden dummy books) that were never translated or published for the US. I would still be interested in purchasing these books.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Peace
:D

"He's on the jazz."