PDA

View Full Version : California Martial Arts Association?

benzandstra
03-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Hi--I'm new to these forums. I'm looking for information about the California Martial Arts Association style of shaolin kungfu that I've been learning for the past 6 years. On one of my instructors black belt certificate,the President is Richard Takashi & the Instructor is Patrick Chaney & is dated January 1, 1990 & was awarded in Alturas, California. The system has five colored belts & includes the staff & escrima sticks. It appears to be (from the little I know) an eclectic form with a lot of wing chun & some northern long fist. Anyway, I enjoy it very much & would be interested in any information about the association, individuals involved, or if it is being taught in other places. I would also like to know more about the connection this art has to more well-known Chinese martial arts. Thanks!

Waidan
03-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, which school are you at? I live down the street from the Mission Viejo school (on Los Alisos). I'm considering sending my daughter there for classes, provided they appear legit (and financially reasonable) when I visit.

benzandstra
03-24-2005, 03:17 PM
The name of our school is Modoc Martial Arts (Modoc County is in the NE corner of California) in the city of Alturas (pop. 3,000). It has met for a long time in the Fellowship Hall of the Federated Community Church. My teachers have been Mike Kraft, Joe & Chris Battram, Bruce Boldon, and currently my teacher is Mike Nagy.