PDA

View Full Version : John Springer Seminar on the 23/24 April in the UK

kismet
03-25-2005, 06:02 AM
Excuse the cross posting, was advised to post this here as not all people read the general part of the forum.

Thanks

From Tung-Fu.com

We are pleased to announce that John F Springer will
be hosting a seminar in the U.K.

The subjects to be covered are:

1. Upright striking and entanglement
2. Ground work overview.
3. Blade work and its overlap into empty hands.

This is not just a chinese martial art seminar but an
introduction to principles that feed directly into
your fighting hand independant of what your background
maybe. The seminar will be intensive, you will learn
a lot, feel free to bring a video camera for your own
personal reference. It will be conducted according to
Sifu Springers mantra of 'perfect practice'.

There will be an element of training with live blades,
attendes can bring their own blades, along with duct
tape to make the blades training safe.

Attendees are welcome to bring their significant other
to the seminar:

"It is of benefit for males to work with females as it
compels them to move with finesse - good technique as
opposed to testosterone fueled muscle.

It is good for females to work with males as it gives
them the proper feedback with regard to encountering
an aggressor having greater size - strength. It's a
"win - win" situation" - John Springer.

The dates are as follows:
April 23 / 24th

Sat April 23th.
Doors open at 13:00 , seminar is 14:00 -> 17:30

Sun April 24th.
Doors open at 9:30, seminar is 10:00 -> 16:00

Bradford
BD1 2QT
www.streetmap.co.uk/stree...02&A=Y&Z=1

Lodging.
There is a Travelodge located near by. Prices start at
£26 per room.

www.travelodge.co.uk/trav...tel_id=117
www.cheaphotelbookings.com

Travel:

Car parking:
www.ncp.co.uk/ (NCP car park post code is BD1
5SD)
www.bradford.gov.uk/graph...centre.pdf

Cost:

The cost will be a flat cost of £20 per person for
each or both days.

In order for us to get an idea of names and numbers could you please email your interest to :

seminar@hotmail.co.uk

If there is anyone living in or close to london, just let us know and if there is a large genuine interest we can see about arranging transport.

X-Warrior
03-31-2005, 01:00 AM
Is this 'John Springer' the same as Jack Springer who insulted half the world of martial artists, to whom there is no better but himself?

He was expelled from the LYS Pai by no other than his own master, grandmaster Lee Lien himself for bad mouthing and his attitude problems. When asked about this on a forum, Springer replied: "I quit because the LYS Pai did not live up to my high standards." Then just a few weeks later on an other forum: "If anyone wants to learn authentic LYS Mantis kung fu in the USA welcome to visit me, I teach it as it was passed down to me by grandmaster Lee Lien."

Hahahahahahahah, what a patetic clown who quits something because it does not live up to his high standards then just a mere few weeks later he is promoting himself with it.

Jack Springer has also made a number of challenged recently both personally as well as threatening to setup a fight, even fighting two guys at once on a martial arts event. There was even a promoter who would set this up on an event, however, Springer NEVER fulfilled his part of the deal.

Jack Springer has been kicked out of a number of forums for constantly insulting others. Have fun on his seminar - whoever cares.

-X-

Paul T England
03-31-2005, 01:10 AM
I already have great teachers for stand up, ground and blade work, why should I traing with this guy? who is he? website address etc?

X-Warrior
03-31-2005, 01:28 AM
You won't lose anything Paul by not attending his seminar, you're better off sticking with your own teacher.

He has no website, he used to have his own page on the LYS Pai website but it has been taken off since he was expelled. He is just going around, bad mouths everyone on forums and challenges people but never actually fulfills any of them. He was expelled from his Pai for good reasons.

-X-

X-Warrior
03-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Springer is a no life loser, I believe he was banned from this forum as well. Since he got kicked out from the school he represented in the US, he runs around like a goat separated from the herd by a wolf, trying to make ends meet. He sets up seminars to milk unsuspecting victims. He needs to pay his bills too :D.

-X-

David
03-31-2005, 11:41 AM
X-Warrior, I think you conjure an image that is far from accurate. JFS has one helluva impressive CV.

Rgds,
David

X-Warrior
03-31-2005, 01:56 PM
FYI: I was a senior student of one of the masters lead the association he now claims to represent in NY City, the Hip Sing Association. What he claims and spreads about himself - especially in the UK - and what reality is are two very different things, but like I said, just because he was expelled from one Pai, he still needs to make a living too. His 'helluva CV' was created by no other but he himself. What you belive about it, is up to you.

Have fun on his seminar :D :D :D.

-X-

David
04-01-2005, 04:40 AM
X-W, none of what you've said in that last post is technically negative in any way, just slanted (as before) in order to almost-deniably suggest dark truths :rolleyes:. You got me hiding behind my sofa for a moment there...

In my correspondence with, and reading of, JFS online over the years, I've high respect for his understanding of kung fu theory and reality. Going back over your posts here, I'd like to pick up on all the points you made: -

* £40 for two days training won't pay much air-fare, let alone 'living'. For the rest, at home in the US, tuition is free.
* The fact that people feel insulted by him is irrelevant, but hilarious (for different reasons at different times).
* The LYS / Lee Lien / gong sao subject is being dealt with during the visit. I don't do politics anymore, especially of Jook Lum so don't ask me to either follow your arguments or to provide my own.
* If memory serves, JFS was suspended from this forum but not banned. And he came back. I have fond memories of the Ralek (actually, was it Ralek or another troll?) challenge thing that was played out here :).
* Hip Sing, Hung Mei etc etc - JFS has high real-life availability to any person or group who would have him humiliated - but that's never happened. Go figure. Anyway, I don't know about or have any interest in any of that but I do get hot thinking about mantis and hung gar, which are what it boils down to.

Rgds,
David

PS it's going to take a little financial miracle for me to attend the weekend but it's my Prayer Of The Month to make it.

mantis-1
04-01-2005, 06:20 AM
well I have never met Jack and a lot of the time I dont bother to read the crap that is posted by him or the guys arguing.... but when he talks kung fu he knows what he is talking about.... who gives a flying fook if some master kicked him out of this club or that club... it really doesnt matter. What does matter is that he does actuallt know what he talks about.... unlike most the forums where the majority of people post ****e......
I cant make the seminar but some of the guys I train with said they are going and I am sure that they will come away with a new perspective on their styles...

JFSUSA
04-01-2005, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=X-Warrior]FYI: I was a senior student of one of the masters lead the association he now claims to represent in NY City, the Hip Sing Association.

Oh really :) That's hysterical, and just who would your "Master" be as I was, once again, treated very well by my HST Brothers at the Chinese New Year Celebration this year.

For that matter, being as you are a "senior student" and all :rolleyes: I'm sure you will have no problem telling us all what dishes were served at the Ceremony this year. I mean ... certainly the time of day/night the banquet took place must be known to you so ... what was it? Just for ****es and giggles, what is to the immedidate left (as you are facing it) of the Sun Toi in the HST?

Amazing how a "highly" credintialled individual such as yourself has no option but to hide behind an avatar :rolleyes:

BTW, I have my signed "dues" payment slips for both of the Chinese Fraternal Organizations I am a member of by formal Blood Oath. Let's get together and I'll show them to you ... then I'll show you my good hands :D

To set the record straight, the UK promoter dropped the idea of having me wipe out the LYS Pai at one of his events. I have his E-mail (with his name) stating there was no interest in a TCMA grudge being settled at a MMA event. I'll provide you with a copy of that as well when we meet ... face to face.

**What he claims and spreads about himself - especially in the UK - and what reality is are two very different things, but like I said, just because he was expelled from one Pai, he still needs to make a living too.

Hmmm ... you really are a bit out of the loop. I have never charged so much as 1 cent for my teaching. My chosen profession provides quite nicely for my Family in addition to allowing me to help the least of my Sisters & Brothers. As for the LYS Pai, I walked away from them and have the correspondence from Ellie to prove it. Might as well give you a copy of that when we meet.

**His 'helluva CV' was created by no other but he himself. What you belive about it, is up to you.

Is that right? Amazing. So the pictures of me being inside the door where no Lofan has ever been before, the pictures of me standing with members of Lum Sang's earliest Families, with their arms draped around me as the Brother I am, my Identification Badge (I'm not only a member, I an Officer) for the National Convention of one of the societies, my DD214, the video tape of Lee-Lein praising me repeatedly ... all made up, eh? :D Sorry loser, I've endured enough crap from gutless, no name trolls over the years to have closed off every avenue of approach.

What's particularly "ssshhhhwwwweeet" is that some people have actually made the effort to meet with me ... this past Chinese New Year and my Guests to be exact. They saw with their own eyes the framed photograph with me ... the only Lofan in some 100 representatives (Officers) from the North American Continent hung right on the wall of the organizational HQs. I also allowed them to take a bunch of photos so they could laugh when faceless trolls claimed "they" weren't there :p

Unlike you, I have no problems or reservations meeting with anyone and providing them with "proof" in whatever form they desire. When you have the guts to properly identify yourself and learn to be a Man I might be interested in what you post. Other than that ... have a nice time hiding under rocks :D

X-Warrior
04-01-2005, 03:12 PM
JFSUSA = belongs to no Pai, represents nobody, wanna be show off. No one cares about him and his mouth boxing. Too much talk, too little to show.

-X-

X-Warrior
04-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Little Jack went up on the hill,
Because he thought he wanted somebody to be,
His mouth was just way too big and round,
So he slid right back into the staring crowd.

Jack oh Jack it's time to wake up,
Put your sword down which is nothing but a make-up,
Stop those fancy talks and lies,
They make us nothing but shiver, shake and cry.

People see him and say 'Wow',
When they hear him taking on his seminar,
Little they realize why he is there:
To make money, and of course to pay for the fare.

Jack oh Jack it's time to wake up,
Put your hands down before they just break up,
You may go or run around,
But you will NEVER receive that shiny little crown.

-X-

JFSUSA
04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Good 'ol X-Warrior, hell of a poet for a brain donor. Can't answer any questions, too scared to post under his own name. You really haven't improved much over the years. Still talking trash ... still hiding ... still with -0- credibility. You lost out with the Bama Boys so many years ago. Bye bye, tosser.

Phu Le
04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Never met JFS, or had any correspondence with him, but I'm impressed with his knowledge of Kung Fu,while also amused with his banter with trolls....

But I'm convinced there's plenty anyone at any level can learn something from him, and being so, I'll be seeing anyone with a open heart to learn (and the time to set aside of course), there at the seminar.

Looking forward to it, gonna pick up a camcorder just for the event!

Take Care All...

Phu Le

Note: JFS... been meaning to ask you, think you can teach me to kick Nish's ass within an hour or so?

kismet
04-02-2005, 04:37 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick post to verify that the cost will be a flat cost of £20 per person for
each or both days. So it wont be £40 for both days. This seminar was not arranged to make any money and JFS had kindly offered to teach those who wish to learn.

David, hope you can make it, let me know if you plan to come down.

Hey Phu, good to hear from you...where are my dvds :) . Glad you can make it, send an email to seminar@hotmail.co.uk please. (lol i think you need more than an hour but im sure we will all gain a lot from the seminar.)

Regards to all

X-Warrior
04-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Nice to see how Jack Springer is keep getting banned from forums all over the internet. He is now banned at the Tong Fu forum too :) for his attitude problems - was kicked out of his school by his own master for the same reason :). This is the no life you guys want to see on a seminar???????

I just saw he now also claims to be a master of BOTH Hung Gar AND H'ung Mei on other forums ... bhhhhaaaaaahhhhhaaahhhhaaaahhhaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaa [rolling on the ground]!!!!!!!!! This is just getting better and better. What else are you master of Jack? SpringGar? Bhaaahhhaaahhhaaa. And this is the guy who learned his LYS Mantis kung fu from video tapes and then he claimed to be the U.S. rep of the art? (How else can you learn when your teacher - Master Lee Lien - is in England and you live in NY City!!!!!) Bhaaaahhhaaaahhhhaaaahhhaaaahhaaa!!! What a joke, what a joke.

Jack, Jack, Jack. Why don't you try a job at a circus .... :D :D :D :D :D :D . People just MIGHT believe anything about you there. Can't fool us.

-X-

SevenStar
04-07-2005, 10:35 AM
FWIF, I had him banned from here (again) as well.he made some ignorant remarks on the main forum, and when I warned him, he extened his challege to me, threatened to sue tiger claw AND made racist remarks - he's quite a character.

X-Warrior
04-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks much Seven Star, it is unfortunate that we have to deal with such an individual. He has been banned at just about every martial arts forum known, he has regards to no one but himself, continously insults people - masters and students alike. He has been a headeache at many places. Hope my messages weren't too harsh for this forum, I just couldn't hold back the truth about him, he is a pretty good BS-er and so many people believe him without really checking into who he is.

Sorry :(.

-X-

David
04-09-2005, 05:12 AM
Nice to see how Jack Springer is keep getting banned from forums all over the internet. He is now banned at the Tong Fu forum too :) for his attitude problems - was kicked out of his school by his own master for the same reason :). This is the no life you guys want to see on a seminar???????

I just saw he now also claims to be a master of BOTH Hung Gar AND H'ung Mei on other forums ... bhhhhaaaaaahhhhhaaahhhhaaaahhhaaaahhaaaaaaaaaaa [rolling on the ground]!!!!!!!!! This is just getting better and better. What else are you master of Jack? SpringGar? Bhaaahhhaaahhhaaa. And this is the guy who learned his LYS Mantis kung fu from video tapes and then he claimed to be the U.S. rep of the art? (How else can you learn when your teacher - Master Lee Lien - is in England and you live in NY City!!!!!)
Still full of ****, man.

X-Warrior
04-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Why do you think he gets banned from everywhere?

David
04-11-2005, 01:50 AM
Uh, cos he's uncompromising? :D

What's your point? :confused:

Rgds,
David

Mantella
05-09-2005, 05:39 AM
I'm not sure but he sure is a know it all. Iv'e been doing some thinking about this subject. I think perhaps Jack Springer hangs around message boards and argues because, well, he lacks real skill. I mean why would he want to prove himself to people on a message board anyway? Why does he want to know more than everyone else. Why does he think he knows more than everyone else?

I think perhaps he talks like he knows but in truth perhaps he don't know $#it!

David
05-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Images from the seminar available here: http://www.tonglong.co.uk

bong
05-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Jack violates the TOS/TOU of every forum he has been on
with abusive language, profanity and threats of violence.

David
05-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Refreshing, isn't it! :)

bong
05-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Refreshing, isn't it! :)

David, let me get this right.....

According to your quote, if I slandered your Sifu and lineage, cursed you out with profanty and then went so far as to threaten your life, you would find the experience "refreshing"? :confused: :eek: :(

David
05-10-2005, 10:22 AM
David, let me get this right.....

According to your quote, if I slandered your Sifu and lineage, cursed you out with profanty and then went so far as to threaten your life, you would find the experience "refreshing"? :confused: :eek: :(
I can't think of a reason for you to do that, but if there was one, and you meant it, then yes.

In this case, however, you suggest JFS slanders and threatens. Normally, it's the person slandered, who does the threatening. I'm not here to talk about such things, anyway. Here on the forum, we may be ruled by TOS but we are not truly measured by them. TOS are all appearance, rather than substance, and ideal cover for n'er-do-wells including trolls/slanderers.

Rgds,
David

Lam Tong Long
05-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi David,

"Normally, it's the person slandered, who does the threatening."

Gotta disagree with you on that one. When the truth is coming to light then threats are often used to try to intimidate and prevent the truth coming out any further. For example, 'sun dar' and the like.

"and ideal cover for n'er-do-wells including trolls/slanderers."

True. But also for those who seek to proliferate false history.

"Bong - if I slandered your Sifu and lineage, cursed you out with profanty and then went so far as to threaten your life..."
David - I can't think of a reason for you to do that..."

Can you think of a reason for ANYONE to do that???

Regards.

bong
05-10-2005, 08:15 PM
It seems David , like many before him, drank Springer's Kool Aid and is now
a "True Believer".

So now, it also seems that David has thown away all semblance of
civility and respect because he now believes that abusive language,
slander and threats of violence are justifed if the abuser is merely
feeling self-empowered!

David, does your Sifu or anyone else in your family believe and/or teach such behaviour?

David
05-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Lam tong long, welcome to MA - Mantis Anonymous :rolleyes:.

Bong, I'll just assume your whole post was a typo, OK?

Rgds,
David

bong
05-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Lam tong long, welcome to MA - Mantis Anonymous :rolleyes:.

Bong, I'll just assume your whole post was a typo, OK?

Rgds,
David

David, your assumption is incorrect.

You are free however, to believe in whoever or whatever you want.

Just don't assume that the rest of us share your beliefs.

brothernumber9
05-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Bong,

Read some of David's older posts and you'll perhaps perceive his views differently

Lam Tong Long
05-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Hi David,

"Lam tong long, welcome to MA - Mantis Anonymous "

Is that a jibe? If so, I'm hardly anonymous being that my only other post had my name on it. I think I asked reasonable questions - agree?

If yes then the above quote doesn't really cover them.

Regards, John Rockwell

David
05-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi David,

"Lam tong long, welcome to MA - Mantis Anonymous "

Is that a jibe? If so, I'm hardly anonymous being that my only other post had my name on it. I think I asked reasonable questions - agree?

If yes then the above quote doesn't really cover them.

Regards, John Rockwell
From what I read, it's not clear that there's such a person as "John Rockwell". So, the jibe stands for now.

As for your points, you maintain a position that lacks substance. I have no special knowledge or insights to add.

Rgds,
David

5thBrother
05-13-2005, 06:08 AM
X-Warrior - Where are ur Hands, I would Like to see ur Hands?

Care to poist a photo?
Car to Post a Video?
What seminar ur gave?

or anything like dat?

curious to see the hands of the "reviewer" of jfs/etc

cheers

5thBro

Lam Tong Long
05-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi David,

"From what I read..."

There's your big mistake. You've accidentally taken things you've read on the internet as fact. Common problem when people have proliferated false accounts for years without anyone to present the counter arguement.

Where do you train (geographically)? I'm in Newcastle (as I've posted repeatedly on various forums). Anyone is welcome to come and see me to verify exactly who I am.

"As for your points, you maintain a position that lacks substance"

Can you explain that please? What is it about my post that makes it less valid. Are the points I made lacking substance because they are not in keeping with "what you have read"?

If you wish to take this discussion offline or want any contact details for those in my style who are fully aware that I am who I say please feel free to email on jay@urbanent.wanadoo.co.uk.

I do not wish to make enemies. You have said elsewhere that you do not want to be an apologist for certain people, but faced with hostile words perhaps you come across as one.

Regards, John Rockwell

David
05-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Well ok... but I'm not going to be drawn into this thing. Anything I've said is as an outsider. Don't even go there.

I'm pleased that you're 'findable' in Newcastle. You can sound genuine when you're not being vitriolic. I'm in Plymouth, as I think it says in my profile.

My point is simple. JFS does kung fu and does it well. He knows it inside out and has used it. This is all the message that I am affirming. He did a **** fine seminar, by ALL accounts. Pretty cool. Nuff said.

Rgds,
David

CHAZ
05-14-2005, 03:05 PM
So what you are saying is that know matter how racisit, insulting and threatining JFS is, if he is good at kung fu, sorry Southern Mantis then he is a person to be respected. I wonder you would be so respecting of Adolf Hitler if he practised Mantis :rolleyes:

bong
05-14-2005, 06:08 PM
My point is simple. JFS does kung fu and does it well.
Rgds,
David

In your opinion, is Springer better than your Sifu?

Lam Tong Long
05-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi David,

I'm not trying to draw you into anything.

My only arguement with JFS and SR was that they had written things about my Sigung (Ho Sing) that simply were not true.
They are no longer part of LWS Pai so therefore if it wasn't for 'gong sau challenges', 'sun dar threats' and general abuse by JFS alone (not SR) the issue would have been long since passed.

I have not commented on JFS seminar because I wasn't there.

I'm merely trying to provide some much needed prespective.

"JFS does kung fu and does it well. He knows it inside out and has used it."

Great for him, it doesn't mean he didn't write untrue information about my Sigung.
Plus, that's assuming you have any context of what other people may know or have done with their kung fu.

"You can sound genuine when you're not being vitriolic."

That's because I am being genuine - not MA ;) . But the vitriol has been two ways and born out of peoples refusal to simply accept the FACT of the situation and MOVE ON.

Apologies on missing your location in the header bar...just didn't spot it.

"Anything I've said is as an outsider."

Fair play. As an outsider to JFS' seminar I chose not to comment because I don't like to speak on things I have no idea about. Can you say the same?

Regards, John

David
05-15-2005, 01:48 AM
So what you are saying is that know matter how racisit, insulting and threatining JFS is, if he is good at kung fu, sorry Southern Mantis then he is a person to be respected. I wonder you would be so respecting of Adolf Hitler if he practised Mantis :rolleyes:
The racist remarks you allude to were reciprocal, aimed at the person who instigated it with their own (actual) racism. I've been annoyed by JFS about lots of things and I've seen him treat people unfairly. This is going to get particulary boring if I "have to" explain in every detail my perspective on this guy who's got everyone so fascinated.

In your opinion, is Springer better than your Sifu?
LOL! Let's say that I'd be amazed if he were better than a small number experts I have knowledge about. But there's always someone better. You guys must be giving him a right laugh with all this.

LTL, I am still sitting this one out. Everyone's got their facts, and sometimes things get twisted.

I'm late for training now so this is even shorter than I intended

Rgds,
David

Lam Tong Long
05-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi David,

I don't wanna split hairs but:

"The racist remarks you allude to were reciprocal, aimed at the person who instigated it with their own (actual) racism."

is actually not the true case.

JFS called me a "stupid gweilo who is forever on the outside looking in". I responded by saying that it was funny that I should be called a gweilo by another white man. Then it was me that said to him that he was trying "convince people he was the most chinese gweilo - a pale imitation".

He responded to Steven Kwan, a hakka chinese lad, by calling him a "slanted eyed rice sucker".

There is ZERO justification for JFS' racism in light of the REAL conversation that occured (not JFS' own spin doctor twist on the words). Saying that he simply did it back (to the wrong person) makes it acceptable?

He's supposed to be a Master so shouldn't he be judged by higher standards? If so then he would fail on ALL accounts.

I know that you go on the SPM forum so therefore you either didn't read the exchange in question or you are buying into JFS' post slip-up spin.

Either way it's not right OR correct.

David
05-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Apologies for not reading every 'constructive exchange' on the other forum ;)...

Anyway, it's not technically racist merely to use a racist keyword: without the racial-hatred, it's just a non-pc insult. You traded insults for months. JFS is not a racist, as the photos from the seminar prove.

Rgds,
David

Lam Tong Long
05-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi David,

I agree that most of the exchanges were not constructive. But sadly they were neccessary.

You are entitled to whatever opinion you may hold of JFS. I may not agree. Oh well....

Seriously, I hope you enjoyed your training today and that responding to my posts didn't cause you to be late for class (as that is the most important thing).

I had a look around your website and enjoyed some of the info and media you have shown.

All the best,

John

SevenStar
05-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi David,

I don't wanna split hairs but:

"The racist remarks you allude to were reciprocal, aimed at the person who instigated it with their own (actual) racism."

is actually not the true case.

JFS called me a "stupid gweilo who is forever on the outside looking in". I responded by saying that it was funny that I should be called a gweilo by another white man. Then it was me that said to him that he was trying "convince people he was the most chinese gweilo - a pale imitation".

He responded to Steven Kwan, a hakka chinese lad, by calling him a "slanted eyed rice sucker".

There is ZERO justification for JFS' racism in light of the REAL conversation that occured (not JFS' own spin doctor twist on the words). Saying that he simply did it back (to the wrong person) makes it acceptable?

He's supposed to be a Master so shouldn't he be judged by higher standards? If so then he would fail on ALL accounts.

I know that you go on the SPM forum so therefore you either didn't read the exchange in question or you are buying into JFS' post slip-up spin.

Either way it's not right OR correct.

I don't know of his skill, nor do I care. What I do know of is his conduct on the net. Below is a PM I received from him after sending him a warning that if his insults didn't stop, he'd be banned from the forum:

"**** you. You got all the mouth and I stuck the challenge right in your face, *****. You got the balls then show up and put up or else

shut the **** up.

You like to "scare" the little kiddies with your big, black ass? I'll bust you up beyond repair and send you right back to jump street, KUNT. "

The weird thing is that he never challenged me - he challenged someone else on the forum - I think he was just PMing and getting carried away. Either way, This is NOT professional in any sense.

Akhilleus
05-16-2005, 07:07 PM
You like to "scare" the little kiddies with your big, black ass? I'll bust you up beyond repair and send you right back to jump street, KUNT. "

AFAIK, the above sentence pretty much describes the opposite of 7*, except for the physical description...I really can't believe someone wrote this about him...

ThaiMantis
06-01-2005, 10:01 AM

i think what david may have been alluding to in his lone defensive position here is that loads of people who don't know the man apart from his internet persona seem to have opinions on him as a person.

his on screen persona has usually been embroiled in various conflict with certain people with agendas, and everybody else has joined in JFS bashing due to that, which is clearly frustrating to someone who could wipe the floor with most of us.

personally i found his on screen conduct amusing mostly, and acceptable because you know he'd say the same thing to your face and back it up if required,

how many of his antagonists can truthfully say the same?

and i'll say it again, racist my arse.

gabe
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Do you find this amusing? Who do you think wrote it?

"mantis-1 My personal preferance is Chow Gar Tong Long …

Ah yes, the dead wood hand with a catalog of sets best suited for Form Fairies [thank you, Sui] and those desiring to learn everything but real application, how to fight.

mantis-1 Our teacher is Ip Chee Keung so his knowledge of the system is second to none.

Agreed, most certainly. Chee Keung knows everything about the Chow Gar hand and he cannot fight either. Given he is the son of Sui who never could , and never did, fight the apple has not fallen far from the tree.

mantis-1 If you are interested we have just launched our new web site, it is very simple and to navigate we are currently updating the gallery so pictures are yet to follow.

I viewed your web site. After careful consideration I do believe that it is in the best interest of all concerned if Chow Gar and Iron Ox got married. Please do not have any children.

mantis-1 Good luck in whichever style you choose.

Luck has absolutely nothing to do with it. Such things are never left to the whims of chance and random occurrences. You are but a lowly beginning student are you not, my friend? "

Gee, I wonder who it was who wrote the above. All the answers you need are all here on this forum. Enough said!

kismet
06-01-2005, 02:39 PM
lol...even though i am chow gar...i do actually find that very amusing...cmon....it is funny....form fairies...brilliant.

At the end of the day what does it matter? He says what he says, you say what you say and so on. Thats forums for you. Most of us are probably never going to meet people from online forums so we can pretty much ignore certain posts and concentrate on looking for the stuff we can learn from.

ThaiMantis
06-02-2005, 03:51 AM
Do you find this amusing? Who do you think wrote it?

indeed I do. elequent wordsmithery if ever i saw it. ;)

no comment on the content, everybody's entitled to their opinion. thing is i have little doubt that he would say the same face to face and back it up under gong sau conditions if required to.

IMO that gives him the right to be cheeky, which few, if any of us have learned through a lifetime's training.

i know that John has respect for the Chow Gar Hand, but also has some unconventional views about TMA training methods, lengths of time involved etc and so wouldnt take his teasing of a relative beginner as any more than that.

Lam Tong Long
06-02-2005, 06:26 AM
i know that John has respect for the Chow Gar Hand.

"the dead wood hand with a catalog of sets best suited for Form Fairies [thank you, Sui] and those desiring to learn everything but real application"

Yeah, lotta respect there. He has respect for the Chow Gar hand like he isn't a racist.

ThaiMantis
06-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Yeah, lotta respect there. He has respect for the Chow Gar hand like he isn't a racist.

Hello Jay.

..so shall we take it you & I will continue to agree to disagree about respect generally, and racism in particular, as we have on the other forums?

kevsta

Lam Tong Long
06-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Hi Kev,

It's all love bad boy!!!!!!! :)

You know that me and you are like the dynamic opposites of the world on some things. But hey, if it wasn't for the 'yum' and the 'yurng' then it would cease to exist.

You know I think you're a decent guy.

Peace bro, J