PDA

View Full Version : Craft Store Ninja (vid)

truewrestler
03-25-2005, 11:47 AM
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/705/

paradoxbox
03-25-2005, 08:25 PM
I've seen this before, I wouldn't mind taking some shurikenjutsu tips from a guy that can throw em that good!! :P

norther practitioner
03-26-2005, 01:40 AM
that was crazy.../
what a Eroom story that'll be

KungFuGuy!
03-26-2005, 02:20 AM
I smell fake.
First of all, what a strange thing to record.
Secondly, that fat kid knew EXACTLY where those scissors were. Without hesitation, he stood up, grabbed for the scissors while barely looking at them.
Third, the throw. The camera goes off the fat kid during the throw for a split second so you never actually see the scissors leave the kid's hand. Also, for several seconds we don't see the kid with the scissors in his arm, giving him time to attach the fake pair to his arm.
Additionally, there is a slight sound effect that we are to believe is made by the scissors flying through the air, I don't think the camera's microphone should have picked it up.
Note that we don't actually see the scissors fly through the air, despite the fact that the camera is recording the path that they should have taken. We basically see them in the fat kid's hands, then many seconds later they are in the other guy's arm. Judging by his throwing movement, the kid is uncoordinated with no athletic ability, so how is he able to throw scissors quick enough so that the camera couldn't capture it's movement?
Also, the kid's arm. You never actually see the part of his arm where the scissors would have entered until there are scissors sticking out of them. This could be to conceal something that was attached to them, a prostetic hole piece or something to that effect. He could have stuck fake scissors with the bottom blade pieces cut off into this false entry wound.

However, after studying the scissors embedded into the guy's arm, I can't see any indication that would lead me to believe it isn't real. The fact that there's no blood doesn't prove anything, as it's entirely possible (and probable) that there wouldn't be any initial blood from a wound like that. They did an excellent job with it if it's fake. The camera work itself was very well timed, and it would probably require a digital camera and some editing skills to make the wound that real looking.