PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Fighting Seminar in Germany

Three Harmonies
03-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Wanted to once again invite any and all interested to the Mantis Fighting Theory and application seminar that is going to be held in SW Germany May 14-15 2005.
This will be open to all stylists, levels, even beginners, all I ask is you come with an open mind and chipless shoulders! We will cover a wide range of fighting theory and technique with TONS of applications. I will weave in keywords and Lilun (theory) throughout the seminar. I have been asked to show as much Shuai Chiao as possible which I am happy to do. The techniques will be from Meihua and Liuhe Tanglang, but you will find them to be universal applications regardless of system or style.
Jochen Wolfgramm Laoshi is the German contact for this (I think he posts as Bailung), as he has more specific info and is the contact to register with. The cost is $80 Euros for the weekend, $50 for one day. Jochen can also help any of you coming in from out of town/country with places to stay.
I hope this is a great success, and it is our goal to bridge the Mantis community between the two largest Mantis contigencies(?) in an effort to share what I have learned from my teacher, Hu Xi Lin. I have been told this is the first time an American has offered a open seminar on Mantis in Europe!? :confused: I hope that is not correct, but if it is I also hope to leave a lasting impression as well as learn from all my European brothers!
Any questions I can answer feel free to contact me. I will also be available for private lessons, and I will be visiting Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands of course ;) so I will be all over for about 10-12 days. Hope to see you there.

Sincerely
Jake Burroughs
tree_harmonies@hotmail.com
505-385-2987
www.threeharmonies.com

Paul T England
03-31-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi Jake,

Good luck with the seminars. If we had more time to organise it I would have invited you to England with you being so close. Maybe next time.

Paul

Three Harmonies
03-31-2005, 07:10 AM
England Laoshi
Well if you are interested we can discuss something. I am trying to get to doing the martial arts teaching thing semi-fulltime, so I am willing to work something out, even if it means coming at another time this year. My requirements are pretty simple, all expenses are covered and a little extra in the pocket is all I ask. Last I heard tickets to your neck of the woods were pretty cheap.
If you would like to discuss it send me an email.

Thanks for the support
Jake Burroughs :D
three_harmonies@hotmail.com
505-385-2987

yu shan
04-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Jake

Good luck on your seminar. I know that everyone will learn alot and have a very good time. I look forward to having you back to my school again soon.

Germany and Belgium huh... if it were me, this would be kf seminar, beer tasting tour! :D

Three Harmonies
04-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Oh...am I teaching something?? :confused: I thought this was the beer tasting tour! ;)

Jake :D

tanglang
04-02-2005, 06:46 AM
Oh...am I teaching something?? :confused: I thought this was the beer tasting tour! ;)

Jake :D
Yes, it is !!! Jochen knows the sectrets of "drunken-from-german-beer-mantis"!!!
BTW: Would be great to drink a beer with you, Jake... :) Hope weŽll meet while youŽre here...

Three Harmonies
04-26-2005, 08:58 PM
A quick reminder that their is still space left at the seminar that is quickly creeping up on us (two weeks away!). Their seems to be a lot of interest in Liuhe Tanglang on this board lately, and I will be showing some fighting applications from the Liuhe Tanglang system for sure. These techniques (as well as the Meihua) are invaluable to anyone from any system, so even if you do not do Mantis please join us!
Lets do our best to make this an example of what the Mantis community is all about, sharing and learning openly, to the rest of the martial communities.
Hope to meet you there!

Tanglang.....did you ever find out if you can make it, even for one day? hope so I would like to meet you.
Any further questions please feel free to ask!

Cheers
Jake Burroughs :D