PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Warrior Review

FooFighter
03-31-2005, 03:21 PM
"Wing Chun Warrior" by Duncan Leung and Ken Ing M.D. is an excellent book about Duncan Leung's true fighting epidodes and his personal philosophy and insight on wing chun gung fu. I have heard about Sibak Duncan Leung through second handed stories through Sifu Allan Lee. It was simply a joy to actually read it and placing the "names" of Duncan Leung previous defeated masters and student which he left out in the book due to respect and common couresty.

I was throughly impressed with the quality of this book. Seriously this aint your cheap, cut and paste up book which you can easily find in some cheesy chinatown bookstores. This book is like something you can expect to find in Barnes and Nobles. I own many other wing chun books but none of them is as humorous, insightful, and honest as Duncan Leung's book in my opinion. I respect how Duncan Leung didnt crap on Bruce Lee or used him to sell his skills or approach to wing chun. Personally, I enjoyed very much the comic book illustrations of Duncan Leung's fighting accounts.

I just want to be clear this book is NOT a how to book about wing chun, but it is an autobiographical account of a great wing chun fighter. It is english friendly for native english readers. This book deserves to be in the library of any wing chun student. It is a lovely hardcover book and I am glad I got it. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Duncan Leung's previous videos or body of work. Lastly, I would like to thank Sibak Duncan Leung for sharing your story and insight of wing chun gung fu.

If anyone is interested in getting this book, please PM.

Bao Tran