PDA

View Full Version : chi development methods in wing chun?

Raatra
07-25-2000, 05:16 AM
can anyone give me some information on any aspects of chi development found in wing chun?

curious
07-25-2000, 05:21 AM
I believe that Willaim Cheung Wrote a book on this topic. I think it is called " How to develop Chi" or "How to develop Chi Power." I think it is available through Ohara Publications. I think I also saw it in a Barnes and Noble store once. I hope this helps.

PerfectTechnique
07-25-2000, 06:33 PM
First of all if you think you can learn that black magic crap from a book, you need a reality check. Second of all, it doesnt even exist. It's not real, never was, and never will be. The only chi that any of you have is a bullet launched from the barrel of a gun.

I just wanted everyone to know the absolute truth about this matter.

------------------
the only thing better than me is god, and that's a close call.

[This message has been edited by PerfectTechnique (edited 07-26-2000).]

curious
07-25-2000, 07:24 PM
I have read that chi is a natural energy in all of us, which would rule out it being black magic.

PerfectTechnique
07-25-2000, 07:39 PM
IT'S NOT A NATURAL ENERGY . . ITS THE DEVIL!!! Well, ok it's not the devil, but merely a chineese joke to fool gulible americans.

------------------

Sihing73
07-26-2000, 06:48 AM
Perfect Technique,

You seem to be of the opinion that Chi does not exist or only exists in the guise of some evil plot. I must admit to not being in agreement. If Chi were from the "Devil" I owuld be very surprised. And, I would feel that God had let one very usefull and beneficial object in the wrong hands.

As to the original question: Chi developement in Wing Chun takes many different forms. Obtaining the proper stance and structure and holding this in a relaxed manner while breathing.

Still I think the poster may have been referring to the first section of the first form. This is done in a manner of specific breath patterns while extending the hands in Taun, Fook and Wu Sau. By incorporating the breathing with the practice of the movements, and the mental intent that goes along with them one can indeed develope his "Chi". Whether this is simply a matter of increased concentration and perfecting the technique through slow precise practice I will leave to you to decide. The practice is done in few schools of YM lineage until one is advanced. Still, I have seen/heard the specific exercise referred to as "Hay Gong" by some of Augustine Fong lineage.

Hope this is some help.

Peace,

Dave

BTW: Chi translates in at least manner as Breath or Air so if it is truly from the Devil I think we are all in trouble /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fubokuen
07-26-2000, 07:36 AM
PerfecTechnique may just be a well meaning "devil's advocate", or perhaps just shallow, but at any rate, what he's saying is BS.

Wing Chun uses a chi development technique similar to other southern styles utilizing the 3 joints of the arm. In Bak Fu Pai it is called the Somquan, or 3 Borders. There are acupoints in the arm that can be stimulated and opened to help the flow of energy, and exercises to develop the explosive Ging necessary to perform the WC techniques correctly. The 1st form is also called "Praying 3 Times to Buddha" for this reason. It is said that Yip Man could take up to an hr. to perform this 1st form.

benny
07-26-2000, 08:26 AM
as far as i have read bodidahma(spelling?)believed what enstein believed that there is energy between atoms, which is real. what is not real is that you can project it into someone else. i have read that book from wil cheung and it is crap.he just likes to make money off people with no idea, what wc really is which is just hard work.
THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN PEACE
THE LESS YOU BLEED IN WAR

Water Dragon
07-26-2000, 08:28 AM
Heeeyyyy, I know that quote.

WT
07-26-2000, 08:15 PM
Dave.
They are now teaching WT chi gung for health
at the castle and special seminars.
I think Sifu Liebscher-Bracht is in charge of it.
WT
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sihing73:
Perfect Technique,

You seem to be of the opinion that Chi does not exist or only exists in the guise of some evil plot. I must admit to not being in agreement. If Chi were from the "Devil" I owuld be very surprised. And, I would feel that God had let one very usefull and beneficial object in the wrong hands.

As to the original question: Chi developement in Wing Chun takes many different forms. Obtaining the proper stance and structure and holding this in a relaxed manner while breathing.

Still I think the poster may have been referring to the first section of the first form. This is done in a manner of specific breath patterns while extending the hands in Taun, Fook and Wu Sau. By incorporating the breathing with the practice of the movements, and the mental intent that goes along with them one can indeed develope his "Chi". Whether this is simply a matter of increased concentration and perfecting the technique through slow precise practice I will leave to you to decide. The practice is done in few schools of YM lineage until one is advanced. Still, I have seen/heard the specific exercise referred to as "Hay Gong" by some of Augustine Fong lineage.

Hope this is some help.

Peace,

Dave

BTW: Chi translates in at least manner as Breath or Air so if it is truly from the Devil I think we are all in trouble /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/quote]

[This message has been edited by WT (edited 07-27-2000).]

jim lin
07-26-2000, 08:31 PM
I'm not a WC/WT guy by any means, but I have a couple of friends who are. I've asked the same question, the answer I've received is pretty consistent:

A lot of the qigong in WC/WT is done in the Sil Nim Tao form. When I look at the form, this makes perfect sense to me - a slow, relaxed, focused practice of the form with proper breathing would be an excellent qigong developoer.

-J.

PerfectTechnique
07-26-2000, 10:31 PM
It certainly tickles me to know that while the rest of you are wasting your time playing with your imaginary chi, the enormous gap between your skill levels and mine grow even more rappidly in my favor. You see, when you look out to the technique horizon you will notice a little dot fading out of site. That is me. If you at least want to be able to witness my greatness, even as a little dot on the horizon, you must stop playing games and start training for real.

PerfectTechnique
07-26-2000, 10:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PerfectTechnique:
It certainly tickles me to know that while the rest of you are wasting your time playing with your imaginary chi, the enormous gap between your skill levels and mine grow even more rappidly in my favor. You see, when you look out to the technique horizon you will notice a little dot fading out of site. That is me. If you at least want to be able to witness my greatness, even as a little dot on the horizon, you must stop playing games and start training for real.[/quote]

------------------

Sihing73
07-27-2000, 12:25 AM
Perfect Technique,

I live just outside of Philly in a small town called Colwyn. Why don't you let me know when you will be in town and I would be willing to witness firsthand your perfect technique. You are one of those windbags that shows up from time to time. I had decided not to bother with you but your ego is way up there. I am sure if you decide to meet me I will get to see your perfect technqiue firsthand. At least I am sure you will hit the ground with perfect form. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I know you won't bother to show up and I will laugh at your immature efforts to make excuses. BTW, what style do you practice? EgoFu perhaps /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif LOL

Laughing at you and all those like you.

Peace,

Dave

mantis108
07-27-2000, 12:45 AM
Hi all,

I am reposting this from the Souhtern Forum.

Although I am not a Wing Chun practitioner, I have some friends who practice the style. The "Sarm Bye Fut" (opennig segment) in the Sui Lim Tau form is said to be Chi development oriented that is why it is more beneficial to perform them slowly. Also, the final segment of the "Bil Ji" form the deep bowing is IMHO a Chi Kung exercise also; however, no "official" acknowledgement from the Wing Chun community is noted. I am not surprised by the old saying "Bil Ji But Chu Mun" that Bil Ji contains certain "secrets" and is not supposed to be performed in public. May be one of the secrets is its Chi Kung aspect?

Sihing73,

Well put. I will advice against "Kong Sau" with Perfect Techniques though. I'm afraid he will use his traditional American Gun-do Chi Kung, which we all know is the only Chi you will every every experience and when you do, you are dead. The only person you are going to testify it's exsistance and powess is St. Peter at heaven's gate. I for one will miss your wisdom and company on this forum.

Peace to all

Mantis108

------------------
Contraria Sunt Complementa

Buhma
07-27-2000, 12:49 AM
Sihing73, it's amazing that people seem to get huge cajones while typing anonymously over the internet. It's probably because in real life they are nothing special... they've probably been rejected by their peers, parents, family, girls, classmates etc.... Poor guys....

PerfectTechnique
07-27-2000, 01:54 AM
Hey Sihing, i live in just a little south of pittsburg and would be happy to meet you. First we could talk about sheep and then we could fight. I have to admit though, i am very smart. I am also a very good fighter and i can guarantee i will not lose. I am so confident in this that i will even let you know what my first perfect technique shall be. I shall get into my first offencive opening stance, draw my gun and shoot you in both knees. From there i shall proceed to beat you down like the little ***** you are. This makes me tuff and you weak.

------------------

Sihing73
07-27-2000, 02:04 AM
Mantis108,

Thanks for the kind words. I think I would miss many on this forum although St Peter and I coulc do some chi sau /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But do not despair I too know Gun Fu and have had extensive training with firearms, both in the military and while in the employ of the State Police. I would opt for a more emptyhand approach but if one pulls a weapon then I would need to do the same. Mine would most likely be a colt defender as I like those little things and they take up so little room. I even made it past a courthouse security check wearing one once. That was before they put in those pesky detectors /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Still it was a good learning experience for all involved. I also have discharged my weapon for real so I will not suffer from any hesitation.

Buhma,
It is true that many appear brave while hiding behind a computer terminal. Too bad.

Perfect Technique where in Pittsburgh would one look for you? I don't get there very often but I am sure the trip could be made with the right incentive. As to shooting me in both knees, well, I was shot in the right leg once and the person who shot me is no longer walking around. Perhaps you will have better luck /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif In any event, if all you have to bolster your confidence is a weapon then I pity you even more. Again I ask what qualifies you as anything? Have you ever shot your weapon off at anything other than paper targets or poor animals? Or is it true, as your girlfriend told me last night, that you shoot mostly blanks? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Still laughing,

Dave

[This message has been edited by Sihing73 (edited 07-27-2000).]

Sihing73
07-27-2000, 02:27 AM
Hello All,

I would like to appoligize for my last post. I would never advocate the killing of another human being simply to prove a point. I can only claim to be a bit cranky as I have not been feeling well the past couple of days.

Perfect Technique,

I do have a solution to our predicament however. Perhaps, since you seem to be more inclined to the use of guns, perhaps since you know it is highly unlikely anyone would take you up on this offer since, regardless of outcome one would be in jail. Well, why don't we meet and try those paint guns. You know the ones that shoot paint pellets. This way you could use your weapon and I could do likewise. We could determine who won and no one would get hurt. Perhaps, after shooting me in both knees with a paint gun you could then "slap me like the b**** I am". /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ROFLOL

Whaddya say are you game? I am sure we could get someone to referee and insure I do not take unfair advantage of you. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Still laughing but I think I am less cranky.

Peace,

Dave

PerfectTechnique
07-27-2000, 02:31 AM
I dont know if this will help you or not, but the pet name for my winky is cover. I dont know if your in to men or not, but i was wondering if you would like to blow it?

[This message has been edited by PerfectTechnique (edited 07-27-2000).]

Sihing73
07-27-2000, 02:55 AM
Perfect Technique,

Not knowing what you look like I am not sure if I want to make you blow your cover. Perhaps it would be best for all involved for you to stay covered up. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Peace,

Dave

PerfectTechnique
07-27-2000, 03:12 AM
Perhaps you dont understand the divine beauty that is I. You see the christians said that god created man in his image. This is inaccurate. The truth of the matter is that god created me in his exact image. Perfection. I have been thinking about our little challange and i must say that you really cant construe what would happen to you if we met. You really have no idea what would happen to you do you? I'll enlighten you. A fight would never occur. As soon as you witnessed my glory you would fall to your knees and beg that i teach you to attain half of what i have achieved. So you see, threats mean nothing to me as my very essence would befall you before a single strike could be launched.

------------------

PerfectTechnique
07-27-2000, 03:16 AM
God i'm grate.

[This message has been edited by PerfectTechnique (edited 07-27-2000).]

Sihing73
07-27-2000, 03:54 AM
Perfect Technique,

Your ego is surpassed only by the plummetting of your IQ. What you state comes close to blasphmey to some. To compare yourself to GOD is a dangerous thing. Perhaps he will take note and give you instruction on what true glory is. As for me, I am content to be myself with the hope of one day being a lttle more. Still, in times past you would have been stoned for making such allusions to granduer. I can see that you hold no substance and therefore are not worthy of my time nor effort. There is no point in replying and carrying this any further. I wish you well in your deluded world and hope you never awaken on the wrong end of some bad intentions. Still, if you ever visit Philly I would love the opportunity to witness some of your glory. Read the Bible and look up what a Nazerite is and then come calling and disrespect the one I serve. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

To others I now return you to your regularily scheduled forum. Forgive the slight detour. I will not reply nor respond to anymore of PerfectTechniques attempts as they serve no purpose. If his skill is 1/4 of his ego I would truly tremble should we ever meet. Still, as I am familiar wtih his type I doubt we will ever meet. I have a picture of him sitting behind his computer typing these things:
He is about 5' tall and all of 95lbs. He is wearing black horn rimmed glasses and a pair of depends for the accidents which occure when he gets a response a little harsher than he was prepared for. Still, all in all a harmless type. Kind of like a small dog which is more bark and no bite. Reminds me of a story of a mouse that got respect by convincing everyone he was a tiger. No one would mess with the mouse because tigers had such fierce reputations. Then one day the mouse met a real tiger. After that there was one less mouse in the world. Perfect Technique I hope you never meet a REAL Tiger. If you do I, for one, will miss you.....NOT /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ROFPMPLOL

Peace,

Dave

Raatra
07-27-2000, 05:14 AM
thanks guys...i was hoping you all would post responses to my question rather than pouncing on the dinner of idiocy that perfect technique served you all.

Sihing73
07-27-2000, 05:57 AM
Raatra,

I am sitting here with a sheepish grin on my face. All I can say is sorry.

Peace,

Dave

PerfectTechnique
07-27-2000, 07:57 AM
Sihing, how far out of philli are you?

------------------

benny
07-27-2000, 07:16 PM
laughed so much i forgot what the topic was.
still think qi is a load or **** to sell to people that dont know better. most that beleive are full of qi
see ya

Sharky
07-28-2000, 10:03 AM
ah, the new trend, fake challeneges to one another across the internet, secretly hoping the other party will back out... FUN

Will u lot just TRAIN instead of making up petty challenges, in the hope that you'll relive and reinact some romantic scene from your favourate kung fu flick. Train, because some people (like me right now) aren't lucky enough to be able to do so.

Edd