PDA

View Full Version : Old injuries that keep coming back

stubbs
04-02-2005, 11:52 AM
This week I've had a few old injuries come back to haunt me. One in my shoulder which feels like a sharp pain right down the middle of the deltoids (I feel it when I punch, do lots of pushups or hold my arm above my head), one in my ankle where I've twisted it, and one on my toe where I've knocked it and landed on it accidently.

I know the recommendation for injuries is RICE (Rest Ice Compression Elevation) - is this the same for old injuries that come back? Should I stretch the injured area? I'm not sure if it's a good thing but I always get the urge to because its that 'nice' kind of stretch when its a bit swollen. Once it feels ok again is it ok to start training again gradually or give it more time just to be sure. I'm normally really bad when it comes to resting - I can't go more than a couple of days without the urge for a good workout.
________
CUMSHOT FACIAL (http://www.****tube.com/categories/489/facial/videos/1)

IronFist
04-02-2005, 11:58 AM
RICE, or cocaine. ;)

Dunno dude, maybe Ibuprofin or Glucosamine. I think Vash or someone here had a good experience with Glucosamine for joint pains.

fa_jing
04-02-2005, 02:27 PM
IMO, old injuries can be treated in some cases by bodywork, or in some cases you learn to live with them. You only ice and elevate if there's swelling, and in that case it doesn't matter whether the injury is new or just flaired up.

FooFighter
04-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Please read and apply Tom Bisio's "A Tooth From The Tiger's Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warrior." I highly recommend you study and apply it!!! Mr. Bisio is respected in some of the better Chinatown, NYC herbal clinics/stores and he does knows what he speaking about because it is very similar to my own sifu's traditional chinese sport medicine treatments. I hope you get better and recover soon.

Bao

unkokusai
04-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Deal with it. Sucks to get old.

stubbs
04-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Deal with it. Sucks to get old.

Old?! I'm only 20!
________
Cheap aluminum accuracy ulimanted flashlight adjustable (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/aluminum-accuracy-ulimanted-flashlight-adjustable/)

Vash
04-02-2005, 03:42 PM
For pain occuring in the joint itself, Glucosamine works great. I take two 1-gram doses of it in the morning.

As for old injuries setting back in, how old are you? Generally the fun stuff makes a come back later on, from what I hear.

Crap, I'm older than you.

Any recent back injuries, misalignments of the vertebrae? I know when I don't go to the chiro for a few days, everything I've ever injured starts to ache, tighten up, and make me miserable.

unkokusai
04-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Old?! I'm only 20!

I see...I see an interesting future ahead for you!

stubbs
04-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Please read and apply Tom Bisio's "A Tooth From The Tiger's Mouth: How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warrior." I highly recommend you study and apply it!!! Mr. Bisio is respected in some of the better Chinatown, NYC herbal clinics/stores and he does knows what he speaking about because it is very similar to my own sifu's traditional chinese sport medicine treatments. I hope you get better and recover soon.

Bao

Thanks Bao. Where could I pick up a copy? Tried searching Amazon UK but didn't come up. Do you have the ISBN number?
________
SUZUKI RG150 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_RG150)

FooFighter
04-02-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks Bao. Where could I pick up a copy? Tried searching Amazon UK but didn't come up. Do you have the ISBN number?

The ISBN number is 0-7432-4551-2 and it was published by Fireside Book: Simon & Schuster. You may try www.Simonsays.com or www.tombisio.com for more information.

stubbs
04-02-2005, 03:59 PM
For pain occuring in the joint itself, Glucosamine works great. I take two 1-gram doses of it in the morning.

As for old injuries setting back in, how old are you? Generally the fun stuff makes a come back later on, from what I hear.

Crap, I'm older than you.

Any recent back injuries, misalignments of the vertebrae? I know when I don't go to the chiro for a few days, everything I've ever injured starts to ache, tighten up, and make me miserable.

I don't feel it directly in the joints. Feels as though it could be the tendons. The pain I get in my shoulder is very thin, long and sharp so I don't think its the muscle. But then I don't know.

I twisted my ankle out in Thailand a few months back but I never really got a chance to let it heal properly. It came back today when I was playing rugby in the park - it just made a big pop sound and I fell over trying to tackle my mate. I don't think it's badly hurt because I can put pressure on it. I just don't have full ROM because its a bit swollen.
________
Medical marijuana seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

stubbs
04-02-2005, 04:04 PM
The ISBN number is 0-7432-4551-2 and it was published by Fireside Book: Simon & Schuster. You may try www.Simonsays.com or www.tombisio.com for more information.

Just ordered it. Found it on Play.com funny enough - they're better known for DVD's and Games.

Cheers
________
Masturbation Anal (http://www.****tube.com/categories/748/anal/videos/1)

HearWa
04-02-2005, 05:35 PM
Could it be inflamed? I'm only 19, yet I'm out of training due to an inflamed knee. I'm really taking it easy because summer is my favorite season to train in and I only have a little time left until it is here.

My doctor told me weight lifting with the proper muscles will prevent further injury. In my case it's leg lifts I have to do, but you should go to the doctor to see what's going on. Maybe there's an exercise you can to prevent future injuries.

Do these drugs only take away the pain or heal it? I only take pain killers if I truly must. I'm always worried I'll hurt the cartiledge more if it only feels better and I do something... I figure the pain is there for a reason, y'know?

FooFighter
04-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Just ordered it. Found it on Play.com funny enough - they're better known for DVD's and Games.

Cheers

Brother I am glad you ordered it. When you recover from applying its principles and applications, please tell me your experience. Personally, I have great results using from San Huang San (Three Precious) powder and making my own trauma hit pills. Be well and if you need a place to get your herbs, please let me know or contact Tom yourself. I am thinking about taking sessions in holistic healing from him?

Bao

stubbs
04-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Osteopaths and physiotherapists can be pretty expensive over here. I'd like to avoid them if possible.

My ankle is still swollen, puffy and sore but only in a very small area. I haven't done any training this week. Should I go see a doc now? I also try to avoid doctors over here too unless its serious because they're so busy and never give you much time unless its blatently obvious there's something wrong with you.
________
(automobile) (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Plymouth_(automobile))

fa_jing
04-08-2005, 12:12 PM
they might be expensive but unresolved injuries don't go away.... think about the years ahead of you.