PDA

View Full Version : Entering a San Shou Tournament

Fu-Pow
04-04-2005, 01:46 PM
So I'm going to enter a San Shou tournament for the first time this summer.

What do you guys think would be a good one to enter ( ie for someone with lots of kung fu experience and zero competitive San Shou experience.)

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah....do they even have divisions for guys my size? I'm 6'7" and ~235lbs.

red5angel
04-04-2005, 02:10 PM
shouldn't you be getting into the peewee league fist or something?

Eddie
04-04-2005, 02:22 PM
cool fu pow. keep us updated. The new york san shou scene seems to be pretty well organised. Yuo can contact Mr Ross for info I suppose.

Fu-Pow
04-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm not just a member of the small pee-pee club, I'm also the president.

................................................ :eek:

Fu-Pow
04-04-2005, 02:58 PM
cool fu pow. keep us updated. The new york san shou scene seems to be pretty well organised. Yuo can contact Mr Ross for info I suppose.

Actually, I'll be in New York at the beginning of May for work. If I have the time maybe I'll stop by his gym.

Salacious Crumb
04-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Chin Woo San Shou isn't excatly Big 7 quality. I wouldn't travel across the country for it.

DrunkenUnicorn
04-05-2005, 07:26 AM
Hey fighting in San Shou will help you realise where your fighting level stands,
dont try to avoid it, enter then see where you stand, just do alot of pad work and keep your cardio up. Sami "The Hun" Berik who started with San Shou fights, he had a record of 10-5-0 also the British Champion now he competes in mma with a record of 5-3-0 beating the no1 uk ranked fighter which shocked alot of people.

I would say do it train alot, see where your level is and train harder to improve your game. Good Luck mate