PDA

View Full Version : Wah Lum Kung Fu 35th Anniversary Celebration

SaMantis
04-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

Wah Lum Kung Fu is celebrating its 35th Anniversary on April 30, 2005, with a Masters Demonstration at the John Hanc0ck Hall Auditorium in Boston. In addition to performances by Wah Lum sifus from around the country, several special guests will be featured.

Find out more here: www.bostonwahlum.com (http://www.bostonwahlum.com/) or here: www.wahlumpai.us (http://www.wahlumpai.us/)

Peace,

SaMantis :)

Three Harmonies
04-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Congrats to Pui Chan and all of his students! 35 years is quite an accomplishment.

Cheers
Jake Burroughs :D

Shaolin Dude
04-05-2005, 09:52 PM
I was actually looking for the ticket's yesterday in gin soon tai chi and bow sim mark and they said you guys didn't pass them out yet. When will it be availble?

SaMantis
04-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Hi SD,

Hold tight -- I'll ask Sifu Rosen today and get back with details.

EarthDragon
04-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Congradulations! on 35 years I am proud to have met with master Pui Chan when visitng in orlando. I told him of my shrfu and he was very polite and took time to show me around the temple on Goldenrod rd.
My hat goes off to your organization for such a respectful and rewarding light you have shed in the mantis community.
be well

SolarStance
04-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Hi Sam!

I'll be heading into Chinatown tonight to practice one of the demos. I'm surprised Sifu asked me back after my little "incident" at the 33rd Anniversary demo... :o

)))SS(((

SaMantis
04-06-2005, 07:48 AM
LOL! Well the important thing is, nobody was killed, and plastic surgery pretty much fixed the rest ... :D

Besides, if anyone in the audience had any doubts that the weapons on stage were real, and real dangerous, you wiped those thoughts away! :p

yu shan
04-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Congratulations to Chan Pui and Wah Lum for 35 years. This organization has certainly put out some quality students and top notch Teachers. I hope your Anniversary Celebration is a major success.

Judge Pen
04-06-2005, 10:44 AM
LOL! Well the important thing is, nobody was killed, and plastic surgery pretty much fixed the rest ... :D

Besides, if anyone in the audience had any doubts that the weapons on stage were real, and real dangerous, you wiped those thoughts away! :p

:eek:

Congratulations to Wah Lum. I've had the pleasure to meet some of their students over the years.

SaMantis
04-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It's gonna be a great event, so if you're in the area on April 30, please consider going to it.

Shaolin Dude, tickets are now at Chinese Wushu Research Institute (Bo Sim Mark) and Gin Soon Tai Chi. And of course you can always stop by Wah Lum to purchase them! :)

Shaolin Dude
04-06-2005, 09:16 PM
oh cool. I actually need to observe a class anyways.

SaMantis
04-15-2005, 06:15 AM
ttt

just to keep it up where folks can see it.
and also,

/jedi mind trick

You feel strangely compelled to buy tickets ... you must go to this show ... resistance is useless ....

/end jedi mind trick

Shaolin Dude
04-30-2005, 09:38 PM
the show was awesome. especially the 2nd half. congrats to chan pui and wah lum for an awesome performance.

tailik
05-02-2005, 05:24 AM
Congratulations Wah Lum! The show was excellent. thank you for the warm welcome. Grand master Pui Chan is truly a living legend. I hope Sifu Rosen is getting some well deserved rest. Nice to finally meet you SaMantis.

Take care
Tailik (Derek)

Mutant
05-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I was there on Saturday, great event!

If I had seen this post in advance and knew some KFM folks were there, I would have tried to meet some of you to say hi. Some other time.

Congrats to the Wah Lum school!

SaMantis
05-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Glad everyone had a good time! I can't say whether the 2nd half was better because I was busy ushering & missed most of the 1st half. It was definitely a full house!

Tailik, it was an honor to meet you; hopefully I'll be able to say hello to you again at the 5 Tigers tournament in June! :)