PDA

View Full Version : New DVD's From Sifu Gary Lam

Ernie
04-06-2005, 06:59 AM
Just got this email -
the names are a little silly but such is the marketing world :D

i should be getting mine tonight and i know i'm in one if not both of the DVD's
i'll write back what i think of them and let you know how much i suck !!!!

i'll even post some clips on my site

here is the info

--Greeting to all Wing Chun Friends..

We're pleased to announce the release of two new DVDs from Sifu Gary Lam :

1. DEVASTATING CHI SAO CROSSING HAND SYSTEM 2 ( 58 minutes ) U$ 49.95
2. AWESOME KICKING TECHNIQUE (45 minutes) U$ 39.95

Both DVDs won't be available at our web site until next week, but can be picked up at Sifu's place on April 6' 2005 ( after 6 p.m.).

For those interested but located outside Los Angeles County, please send email to cranesproduction@aol.com. for immediate delivery.

Cheers,
www.CranesProduction.com

Gangsterfist
04-06-2005, 07:50 AM
There is this asian resturaunt down the street from where I live called the blue koi. It has some really good soups/dumplings and I eat there from time to time.

One of their "known in town for" appetizers is crunchy tofu with spicy awesome sauce. Needless to say, the spicy awesome sauce is both, spicy and awesome at the same time. So the name is very fitting.

Ernie
04-06-2005, 07:57 AM
There is this asian resturaunt down the street from where I live called the blue koi. It has some really good soups/dumplings and I eat there from time to time.

One of their "known in town for" appetizers is crunchy tofu with spicy awesome sauce. Needless to say, the spicy awesome sauce is both, spicy and awesome at the same time. So the name is very fitting.

now i'm hungry !

Kevin Bell
04-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Im sure you'll look fine mate stop worrying,

Ernie
04-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Ok , i got saw them [saw myself yikes ! ]
the kicking one is a little week and not edited very well , shows alot of all around free fight kicking and training , but gary looked real low energy on it ,
information is cool and there are some highlights but over all a ''C'' in my book

the level 2 chi sao one kicks butt !
shows alot of the stuff that makes gary so natural , he really put out alot of his personal drills and idea's [ i'm alittle shocked but pleased he put it out ]

if you are planning on getting anything get that one !

i will have clips on my site in a week or so

that's it any questions fire away you know i wont BS :D

GeneChing
04-13-2005, 05:45 PM
That's now the going rate for self promoting a product on the forums here. See how it's done on the TCM forum (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35936). We wound up spanking another self promoter so bad there that he deleted his thread. :p Our official forum policy is that threads set up just to promote a product are not permitted, since we do sell ad space on our webiste after all. But our moderators are easily bribed with review copies. :D

couch
04-13-2005, 06:31 PM
That's now the going rate for self promoting a product on the forums here. See how it's done on the TCM forum (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35936). We wound up spanking another self promoter so bad there that he deleted his thread. :p Our official forum policy is that threads set up just to promote a product are not permitted, since we do sell ad space on our webiste after all. But our moderators are easily bribed with review copies. :D

Ernie's different, though.

TCM people smell funny.

Ernie
04-13-2005, 10:13 PM

i got my copies for free [only cuz i'm in them :D ] even my training partner had to shell out ha ha

sorry bro don't want to cause any issues putting stuff out you can delete this thread if you like , no biggy , just people always ask me about gary's stuff and i like to give them an honest input before they by anything ;)

it's all good either way :D

Ernie
04-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Ernie's different, though.

TCM people smell funny.

classic ;)

GeneChing
04-14-2005, 09:46 AM
...I've got more free smaples than I can eat. Seriously. My desk is overflowing with products that people have sent me to review/promote/carry at MartialArtsMart.com (http://www.martialartsmart.com) and so on. The mods here are volunteer and I'm sure they'd appreciate some review copies. You might tell your production company that review copies are par for the course with all the established vendors, even in the martial arts world. You got to get the word out in a more formal unbiased way. Also, you might ask them to consider rethinking their price point. $50 is a lot to drop on a DVD. You'll probably sell three times as many if you lower it to $20 - a lot of DVD people are trying to stick to that old school method of asking a lot for videos, but today, high quality production is much cheaper so people expect a lot from a $50 DVD. Think of what $50 will get you for regular DVDs. Anyway, that's just a little advice - take it or leave it. If you take it, I'm sure Sandman would enjoy a review copy. ;)

Ernie
04-14-2005, 09:53 AM
...I've got more free smaples than I can eat. Seriously. My desk is overflowing with products that people have sent me to review/promote/carry at MartialArtsMart.com (http://www.martialartsmart.com) and so on. The mods here are volunteer and I'm sure they'd appreciate some review copies. You might tell your production company that review copies are par for the course with all the established vendors, even in the martial arts world. You got to get the word out in a more formal unbiased way. Also, you might ask them to consider rethinking their price point. $50 is a lot to drop on a DVD. You'll probably sell three times as many if you lower it to $20 - a lot of DVD people are trying to stick to that old school method of asking a lot for videos, but today, high quality production is much cheaper so people expect a lot from a $50 DVD. Think of what $50 will get you for regular DVDs. Anyway, that's just a little advice - take it or leave it. If you take it, I'm sure Sandman would enjoy a review copy. ;)

i'll pass it on but really i'm not involved in the business end of this stuff i keep my relationship with my teacher as friends only , so all the money and promo stuff is on the guys that put this stuff together

alot of guys ask me about gary's stuff and i answer with my honest opinion , since were not about ''promoting sifu or lineage'' gary's likes people to be upfront and honest , the dudes trying to sell the stuff fluff it all up with silly titles like devestating and awsome or what ever . but i respect the people i speak with on this forum so i just tell it like it is .

:D

it's just easier for me to do it in public then answer 50 individual emails , so i'm lazy ;)

Gangsterfist
04-14-2005, 10:04 AM
it's just easier for me to do it in public then answer 50 individual emails , so i'm lazy

Naw, thats just the wing chun mindset, effeciency :rolleyes: