PDA

View Full Version : Three Harmonies

BeiTangLang
04-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Tell us about the system that will be shown at the MQ gathering later this month by Mr. Hu.

I know I would personaly like to know more about him & what he teaches.

Three Harmonies
04-06-2005, 08:43 PM
BT
You opened a can of worms! I could go on and on, but I will spare those less inclined :)
Hu Xi Lin Laoshi will be teaching Liuhe (Six Harmonies) fighting technique at the gathering for his hour long seminar.... I am pretty sure. I need to confirm that, but I believe that is what he will offer. At the seminar on Sunday in Akron, OH. he will be teaching a semianr on fighting theory and application, and that will be from both Meihua and Liuhe systems.
As for what he teaches and about him...... Hu Xi Lin was a 30 year disciple of Ma Han Qin Laoshi (one of the most famous boxers of his generation see www.prayingmantisboxing.com for more info on Ma Laoshi) in the arts of Meihua and Liuhe Tanglang Chuan as well as Yang Taiji (few know that Ma Laoshi was push hands champ of northern China for many years!). Hu Laoshi was one of his most prized fighters, with a nasty reputation by age 16. Hu Laoshi also trained Shuai Chiao with Pu En Fu (Beijings top Shuai Chiao expert) for well over 12 years. He has combined all this in depth knowledge into one hell-a-va whallop! He blends shuai-na-ti-da constantly shifting from one technique to another, with constant control and speed!
That pretty much summarizes it. He really needs to be experienced to even remotely understand the depth of his skill level. On top of it all he is the most open, and generous Chinese teacher I have ever met. A true gentleman with an unquenched thirst for sharing what he has learned.
I will let you guys know ASAP about his subject at the conference, but I am very sure it will be something from Liuhe as he is the only teacher (so far) that is a represenative of the Liuhe Tanglang style.
There is a bit more on my site if you are interested, but like I said I pretty much covered it. Talk to some of your brothers and sisters as they have come out and trained with Hu Laoshi before.

Thanks for the opportunity to share my teacher with everyone! :D

Jake :cool:

yu shan
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Yes Jake you could have gone on and on. All I can say is this will be a treat for everyone. Just seeing the way Master Hu blends shuai na ti da together with blinding speed is something to see, amazing! "nasty reputation huh" ... very cool. Our group "Pong Lai" will be supporting Master Hu`s seminar, looking forward to it. For those interested... how many spaces are left Jake?

Three Harmonies
04-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Just a few, so contact me ASAP if interestd!
Jake :D