PDA

View Full Version : Chinese medicine in london

jobo
04-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Does anyone know a good chinese doctor in london who is capable of treating chronic fatigue syndrome?
How likely is it for a chinese doctor to be able to treat it?
I've had it for over a year after glandular fever and althought i need less sleep than i did a year ago my head is still fuzzy all the time and my concentration and memory is still affected.
I'd appreciate any help.

Pakmei
04-14-2005, 02:42 AM
Hello there,
You asked about finding a Chinese Doctor in London in your post.
Are you asking for an Acupuncturist, Tui Na Practitioner and Chinese Herbalist?

For your information, I am a qualified Acupuncturist and Tui Na Practitioner in London.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is quite treatable using all of the above therapies or a combination of them. Usually having a combination of the therapies works very well as the condition can be tackled from different angles, i.e. Qi level, blood level, etc.

Obviously, the treatment plan would very much depend on what the diagnosis is in TCM terms.... it's usually to do with some deficiency of Qi and/or Blood coupled together with some latent heat signs that have become trapped during your bout of Glandular Fever.

So on a basic level, the treatment principle would be to clear the heat signs, nourish the blood and tonify / promote the function of qi. Also dietary advise is also recommended.... foods that are dairy / gluton / wheat free are beneficial as these food are in a Chinese perspective 'damp' forming which inhibits the free flow of qi around the body.

However, having said all this.... it can take some time before you'll see any real signs of improvement, as this condition can be a little difficult to treat, as CFS likes to grab hold of the individual for as long as possible.